Small addition to my gallery.

Show off your stuff!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Small addition to my gallery.

Post by Macron one »

I've finally received the 2 cels I ordered during Asylum Anime's recent sale and have added them to my gallery: http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

The first is a cute cel of Ruri Hoshino (Nadesico) holding a bottle of suntan lotion. I've admired this cel for a while and at last had the opportunity of purchasing it. Ruri's surprised/curious expression in this cel is quite good.

The second cel is actually the very first OP cel in my collection: Hikaru from the 1st. Magic Knight Rayearth OP.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! I'm glad that the intense MKR OP cel has gone to an RS gallery where it will be displayed and appreciated. The Ruri cel is also colorful and cute. Your collection is small in number but big in bangs.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I've added a few more cels to my gallery. They're all low-priced cels purchased from YJ. I particularly like the Tokyo babylon and InuYasha ones. I was surprised that there wasn't any competition for the Tokyo Babylon cel, which I was able to buy very cheaply.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

oh i saw this one...
http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=295749
he's beautiful, congrats! :)

and this one is stunning ... 8O
http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=295763
sensei

Post by sensei »

Ah, so you now have the Sakura/Tomoyo skiing cel. Sensei makes a note to take his ninja outfit and a long coil of rope the next time he travels to Holland. Congratulations: I watched that but it came up at a bad time. Let me know if that one's ever "loose" in your gallery, as I'd like to reunite it with its conceptual sketches.

The other additions are nice: Sakura in the Movie 2 hall of mirrors is a great series, as is the opening "battle" sequence. And I like your intense Inuyasha and equally intense Poker-playing Anthy from Utena!

(But I bet Chu-chu has a card that will trump her Joker!)
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Belldandy16 wrote:oh i saw this one...
http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=295749
he's beautiful, congrats! :)
And very reasonably priced too. I had placed a max bid of 6000 yen on it, fully expecting to lose the auction and was pleasantly surprised to have won it.
sensei wrote:Ah, so you now have the Sakura/Tomoyo skiing cel. Sensei makes a note to take his ninja outfit and a long coil of rope the next time he travels to Holland. Congratulations: I watched that but it came up at a bad time. Let me know if that one's ever "loose" in your gallery, as I'd like to reunite it with its conceptual sketches.
I noticed some of your other sequences earlier, but hadn't spotted this one yet. I suppose i'd be willing to part with it in the interest of reassembling the sequence, but not just yet. I'm going to keep the cel for at least a year.
(But I bet Chu-chu has a card that will trump her Joker!)

It's actually a card from Chu-chu's hand. Watching this scene on DVD I noticed there's a seperate missing layer with the rest of Chu-chu's cards.
Anthy fell for the old "picking the card that sticks out from the rest" trick.
She's concentrating really hard (which is extremely rare behaviour for Anthy), but still couldn't beat the little mouse/monkey creature in a card game. I like finding cels of these kind of comedic moments.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Macron one wrote:I noticed some of your other sequences earlier, but hadn't spotted this one yet. I suppose i'd be willing to part with it in the interest of reassembling the sequence, but not just yet. I'm going to keep the cel for at least a year.

No prob. I'm just happy to know where it is and that it's in a good home.

Sensei starts checking the Internet for supersaver rates to Amsterdam.

Playing cards with Chu-chu is a little like trying to get the last word with Cloud.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I've added a bunch of cels to my gallery today, including the cel of Ruri Hoshino from the Nadecico movie which I aquired during January's BWA. I also picked up two other nice Ruri cels from YJ, as well as a few AMG, CCS, Tenchi Muyo, Akazukin Chacha and Rayearth cels.
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Ooooh!!! I love Belldandy 2 so much! The expression, the fabric, so beautiful!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Congratulations on netting a "Tomoyo undercover" cel to match your avatar! The new Rayearth Emeraude is also a lovely image.

And, yes, the Ruri pan is a stunner, worth every yen.

Happy year of the (cel-collecting) Tiger!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

sensei wrote:Congratulations on netting a "Tomoyo undercover" cel to match your avatar!
Thank you! I quite like that particular outfit of Tomoyo's, so i'll probably end up getting a few more cels of her in those clothes eventually. I'm particularly hoping to find a near match of the image i'm using as my avatar. Obviously I would love to come across the exact cel complete with BG, but the odds of that ever happening are of course minute.
And, yes, the Ruri pan is a stunner, worth every yen.
Ah, Nadesico...one of my favourite anime but at the same time the biggest drain on my wallet. It doesn't help that cels of Ruri, my favourite character of the series, also tend to be the most expensive. The 4 Ruri cels I currently own probably account for some 40% of the total amount i've spent on my cel collection thusfar. Yurika cels seem to cost roughly half as much as Ruri cels of similar quality, while cels of the rest of the characters appear very affordable. The upside is that there are a lot of quality Nadesico cels to be found recently (though this does also mean that I'm forced to let most of them get away).One thing i'm hoping to see more of is cels of the Aestivalis mecha. I would like to find a nice one, but they don't seem to have been around during the time since i've started collecting cels.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Chacha cels! ^_^ I'm glad to see someone actively collecting! Very nice update, all the way around BTW. ^_^
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

A few more cels added to my gallery today. Most notable thing this time around is the addition of 4 Pretty Sammy OVA opening cels and a Nadesico OP. Also picked up a few things from CCS, AMG and Tenchi Muyo.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Don't anyone miss the CCS "Nude Bank" addition. :peep:

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=305910

An immediate sequence-buddy of one of my own! Cool! /no1 :evil2 /no1
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Sensei how can a ccs collector not be a sequence buddy of yours! It happens by default man! :D

Nice additions your developing an awesome Nadesico collection... Those Ruri's! :love:

It's good/bad to see another Burn Up collector on the scean as well. :wink: