9%
Don't care anymore
25%

Total votes: 32

D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Re-launching community gallery Beta PLEASE READ *UPDATE*

Post by D123 »

Ok I’ve got the password! I hadn’t heard from Poe had no clue she was having such hard times X| :(
I know I haven’t had the best couple of years and have been out of it, I hope she’s doing better.

I was going to start threads on choosing a new banner and my idea with the gallery but I really don’t want to do that unless there’s enough interest if you would like to see the gallery back and going please vote or comment here thanks!

The beta gallery were all its members submit selected pieces from their collection into one big gallery :^^:
http://animebetagallery.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25041
Last edited by D123 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Re-launching The community gallery Beta Please EVERYONE

Post by Belldandy16 »

is it like a " everybody's best of" gallery typa thing or are certain pieces only wanted.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Belldandy16 wrote:is it like a " everybody's best of" gallery typa thing or are certain pieces only wanted.
no! whatever piece you would like :D of course submitting your best doesn't hurt :wink:
as long as you're a member of AB you can submit artwork that's the only requirement, I'm trying to make it a gallery that tells of anime-beta and shows off its members, Of course it's the Beta Gallery and I hope everybody would like to get involved :)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

IIRC, the idea was to represent as many different collectable series as possible. I believe curators were asked to limit themselves to two submissions, not duplicating any series already represented. So I covered Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Princess Tutu, for instance. If it were to be opened up for more series, I'd probably submit something for other oddball but worth-knowing series that I collect, such as Microid S or Gegege no Kitaro, rather than entering much-visited items from CCS or Rozen Maiden.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

It was just any 2 cels/sketches you liked from your gallery.

If someone has time, all current entries should be double-checked; I believe some of them no longer belong to the gallery cited.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

ReiTheJelly wrote:If someone has time, all current entries should be double-checked; I believe some of them no longer belong to the gallery cited.
Yes I plan to do that before I reopen the galllery for submissions :D

This was my general idea for the submissions
anyone with or without an online gallery can submit their artwork to the Beta Gallery as long as they're member of AB. Whatever artwork you would like any series you can submit (but warn me if it’s hentai I’m not too thrilled with that and I would or the member submitting would need to make a 18+ or censored thumbnail). If you do collect from different series I would recommend you submit variety of artwork too but not required. I was going to do a max of 3 submissions per member that’s an extra +1 I thought upping it any more would be over doing it but if other members would like more or any imput please speak up :)
sensei

Post by sensei »

Three a member seems reasonable, and I do think it would give a new collector a way to browse through series that one may have heard about but not considered collecting from. The "tags" now provided on RS are a good start, but they are spotty, including some series that are not very actively collected (like Usagi-chan de Cue!!) and omitting others, especially CGI series, that are very collectable (Spice and Wolf, Vampire Knight, Rozen Maiden). The Beta gallery could provide a corrective here.

Sensei resists the temptation to submit something from Usagi-chan.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

sensei wrote:The "tags" now provided on RS are a good start, but they are spotty, including some series that are not very actively collected (like Usagi-chan de Cue!!) and omitting others, especially CGI series, that are very collectable (Spice and Wolf, Vampire Knight, Rozen Maiden).
I agree there! :)
sensei wrote:Sensei resists the temptation to submit something from Usagi-chan.
give in!!! :evilblk :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I see that some titles are contributed by more than one member, so just to double clarify, If an entry for one title is already submitted, can another member submit up to three entries from the same title or must they be from a new title?
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I see that some titles are contributed by more than one member, so just to double clarify, If an entry for one title is already submitted, can another member submit up to three entries from the same title or must they be from a new title?
Each member can submit 3 pieces of artwork from any series/movie/title they wish :)
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Those of you that voted don’t care anymore I don’t blame you

seems like we’re getting enough positive votes the wait is finally over!! I will be starting up the gallery asap first I would like to share my idea for the beta gallery then I will start a poll for the new banner of our group gallery after that I will be opening it up for submissions! :D

I wanted to do an about page that told of betas’ creation, history and our most valued members in the community also about the beta awards. Of course I will need betas help especially since I was not here in its creation and all its history I also don’t want to describe anyone inaccurately

I also wanted those who submit artwork to the gallery to be encouraged to write a summary about themselves along with an introduction to their galleries. I would like to also have another short description on them from another’s perception while I feel I can do this on ones gallery I’m not so sure on a personal level and I have been out of the loop for a while, this is where I could use a little help/partner. Or we can keep it the way it is now if everyone prefers that but I really like the more personalized style of the submissions, I can also use what is submitted in your own gallery’s if that’s ok rather than just the see more visit my gallery

Since this is the beta gallery I want to keep everybody involved as much as possible if there is something you would like or don’t like please let me know :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Re-launching community gallery Beta PLEASE READ *UPDATE*

Post by Yupa »

I love this idea, but because I'm a new member I'm not sure yet how this works. If I understand correctly the focus is on quantity? In other words, you are trying to get as many members participating to get many different series?

I already have a few series of which I'm sure I'll be the only one here. That would raise another question: because you don't see much genga or douga from recent series, should they be excluded or would layouts and roughs be allowed for the sake of getting as many different series possible?
If quality also is an important factor I will step aside, because I just started collecting and I don't have anything worth showing yet compared to other members.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote:I love this idea, but because I'm a new member I'm not sure yet how this works. If I understand correctly the focus is on quantity? In other words, you are trying to get as many members participating to get many different series?

I already have a few series of which I'm sure I'll be the only one here. That would raise another question: because you don't see much genga or douga from recent series, should they be excluded or would layouts and roughs be allowed for the sake of getting as many different series possible?
Anything goes cels, sketches, shikishi new series as well :) seeing many different series isn't a focus but is great regardless and I encourage it! :D Quality or quantity isn't a factor getting as many members to participate to show off AB and our members and their galleries is more of the direction I'm trying to gear with the gallery
Yupa wrote:If quality also is an important factor I will step aside, because I just started collecting and I don't have anything worth showing yet compared to other members.
don't say that whatever artwork you have is always worth showing :wink:
D123 wrote:I will be starting up the gallery asap first I would like to share my idea for the beta gallery then I will start a poll for the new banner of our group gallery after that I will be opening it up for submissions!

I wanted to do an about page that told of betas’ creation, history and our most valued members in the community also about the beta awards. Of course I will need betas help especially since I was not here in its creation and all its history I also don’t want to describe anyone inaccurately

I also wanted those who submit artwork to the gallery to be encouraged to write a summary about themselves along with an introduction to their galleries. I would like to also have another short description on them from another’s perception while I feel I can do this on ones gallery I’m not so sure on a personal level and I have been out of the loop for a while, this is where I could use a little help/partner. Or we can keep it the way it is now if everyone prefers that but I really like the more personalized style of the submissions, I can also use what is submitted in your own gallery’s if that’s ok rather than just the see more visit my gallery
I want to thank sensei :bow he will let me use his section of I believe his AB Ethnography?
That tells of Anime Beta! Still if anyone would like to contribute to the About page I would like to create please let me know there’s always room for more :D
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

I wasn't here to participate in the original gallery, so I'd love to participate this time! :D

iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Count me in too! :cheers
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime