Yupa's Gallery Updates

Show off your stuff!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Yupa's Gallery Updates

Post by Yupa »

This will be the place where I post my new sketches. My new collection is a bit different from most of the other collections here, because my focus is on sketches from recent series. I also collect settei copy sets - I clearly indicated the difference between original artwork and copies on my gallery.
Despite the differences in collecting I hope you like them, thanks for visiting my gallery! :)

EDIT: Update log deleted because of inactivity.
Last edited by Yupa on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 20 times in total.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Yupa's Sketch Updates

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote:September 9th:
If you're currently watching Mawaru Penguindrum you'll like this: I added 13 original backgrounds with layout copies from episode 2 to my gallery.
Go to Mawaru Penguindrum gallery
Haven't seen the show but they look really good :D
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks D123! I recommend watching it, it is a funny show but also mysterious and sometimes even insane. It has some themes from Revolutionary Girl Utena which is from the same director.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Small update: I finally got a few sketches from a show that I love: Fullmetal Alchemist. :)
It's not very special, but I do like this cut featuring the two brothers Edward and Alphonse.
To Fullmetal Alchemist gallery

Within the next few weeks I expect to update my gallery with more Mawaru Penguindrum, Trigun and Arcadia Saga.
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

I really like your Ed and Al douga. Very cute sketch. =) Love Ed's expression!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Love your new FMAs, nice update, thanks for sharing
:cheers
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I'm glad you like them, 90sKid and teggacat!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Nice Mawaru Penguindrum artwork Yupa!

I'm not often looking through websites these days so I don't see these things much anymore. :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks Keropi!
Another set with layouts and backgrounds from episode 3 was shipped last week, so I'm looking forward to that.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Cool Fullmetal Alchemist sketches! I just finished the series on Netflix.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks Toonybabe!
I got two updates today.

Firstly I added 25 rough sketches to my Shiki gallery. For those of you who don't know this show, this was a vampire horror show which aired in Summer 2010. A lot of rough artwork is available on Mandarake. I guess I have one of the largest Shiki collections at this point. :D
Go to Shiki gallery

I also added a few Trigun genga of a sleeping Vash to my gallery. If you know which episode these genga are from, please let me know!
Go to Trigun gallery
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Shiki is a new one for me (yeah yeah I still need to watch Higurashi, first story arc) but it's nice to see you come at the job of collecting, annotating, and contextualizing the material. It's genuinely nice stuff, especially this one

http://yupa.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=334145

which is genuinely sexy as well as creepy. Also I like the way that the vampires have solid black eyes most times, except when they get good and mad, making their pupils appear in color-reversed form. Good to see that pencil-on-paper art hasn't totally evaporated in favor of digital touchpad animation.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks Sensei. Well I tried to watch Higurashi and I've seen half of the first season, but I just couldn't get into it.

I like Shinji Ochi's character designs in Shiki. The eyes are well done and, like you said, give a clue to the viewer on who is a Shiki and when they have murderous intent (like in this sketch). The hairstyles are also pretty 'unique' sometimes, Seishirou's for example.

It's a pity to see that people don't have any interest in rough sketches nowadays. I think they are as interesting as genga and douga. Still, I'm the only one who places a bid on those items every month. There are more Shiki collectors out there, but all they bid on are the hankens.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote: I think they are as interesting as genga and douga. Still, I'm the only one who places a bid on those items every month. There are more Shiki collectors out there, but all they bid on are the hankens.
You are not alone :D I have some rough sketches I’m going to be updating with soon, I would collect more but I’m really lazy when it comes to watching anime or anything in general so I don’t know a lot of the newer anime that’s out there X| and I can’t justify buying artwork from something I haven’t already seen no matter how much I like it therefore I don’t bid :^^:

Beautiful as always I really love the artwork you have from Shiki and Spice and Wolf, you’ve shined a light on these series for me they’re on my list of animes I want to see one day :D
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks D123. Good to hear there are more collectors interested in roughs.
I agree that artwork isn't as interesting when you haven't seen the show. But still I buy artwork from things I don't know anything about now and then. A few months ago I bought a nice set of genga and douga from a music video featuring Vocaloid character Lily. And yesterday I received a lot of artwork from a Japanese MMORPG called Arcadia Saga which I know nothing about, other than that it was used for a Promotional Video. The sketches are amazing and I hope to upload them soon within the next month.

I hope you'll enjoy Shiki and S&W as much as I did. As for S&W I got a few very nice cuts coming up soon.