Yupa's Gallery Updates

Show off your stuff!
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Yupa's Sketch Updates

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote:Thanks D123. Good to hear there are more collectors interested in roughs.
I agree that artwork isn't as interesting when you haven't seen the show. But still I buy artwork from things I don't know anything about now and then. A few months ago I bought a nice set of genga and douga from a music video featuring Vocaloid character Lily
Very cool! I can’t believe I missed that I’ve heard of the Volcaloid girls when I was looking up those cool Black Rock Shooter figures awhile ago, I’m still not totally clear on the whole thing though X|
Yupa wrote:And yesterday I received a lot of artwork from a Japanese MMORPG called Arcadia Saga which I know nothing about, other than that it was used for a Promotional Video. The sketches are amazing and I hope to upload them soon within the next month.

I hope you'll enjoy Shiki and S&W as much as I did. As for S&W I got a few very nice cuts coming up soon.
Wow the animation looks beautiful :drool I’m sure you got some great artwork :D

I hope so too, hopefully I will watch it in this lifetime, lol. I have anime dvd's I bought years ago I still haven't watched yet X| , can't wait to see the update I'm sure it's going to be great 8)
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

The MPD shot of the penguin checking out the bra is priceless! :rollin
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Promethium wrote:The MPD shot of the penguin checking out the bra is priceless! :rollin
No this is… :crackup
http://yupa.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=335581
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

The penguins are one of the reasons I love this show so much, they are so funny! /heh
I'll start removing all tape from my new MP sketches and backgrounds next weekend, after that I'll upload them. But they aren't as funny as this set.
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

D123 wrote:
Promethium wrote:The MPD shot of the penguin checking out the bra is priceless! :rollin
No this is… :crackup
http://yupa.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=335581
OMG, how the %&$# did I miss that?! lol
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

While working on removing tape from new sketches I decided to update all scans in my Vocaloid Lily gallery. I think those scans are a bit closer to reality now. :D
For those of you who haven't seen how bad my previous scans were, compare this to this.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

those are awesome lily sketches!! do you by chance have a link to the video clip? I'd love to see it as I used to be a fan of vocaloid and when I was a fan lily still wasn't around :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Yes I have. When I first made this gallery there wasn't a good version of it around other than for making screenshots (it played at half normal speed), but it seems a better version was uploaded two weeks ago. Here is the link. Someone else uploaded the English version of the story, but with a different song here.

A few months ago there were quite a few sketch sets of that video clip on Mandarake (6 in total, search for anim.o.v.e), but most of them ended up without any bids. It's a pity because although the video clip isn't that special I think the sketches are very nice.
Last edited by Yupa on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Yupa wrote:Yes I have. When I first made this gallery there wasn't a good version of it around other than for making screenshots (it played at half normal speed), but it seems a better version was uploaded two weeks ago. Here is the link. Someone else uploaded the English version of the story, but with a different song here.

A few months ago there were quite a few sketch sets of that video clip on Mandarake (I think 5 in total), but most of them ended up without any bids. It's a pity because although the video clip isn't that special I think the sketches are very nice.
I like the clip, its unique compared to older characters, and I also like the song a lot as well. can't believe no one bid on those sketches, really is a shame since they are nicely drawn, and pan as well :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

My newest Mawaru Penguindrum original backgrounds and layout copies are online! Everything is from episode 3, in which Kanba and Shouma break in Ringo's apartment to search for the Penguin Drum.
Have a look, they're quite funny and nice-looking.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

And yet another update, I added a new subgallery for artwork from the promotional video for the Japanese MMORPG Arcadia Saga!
The artwork was made by Studio Khara (best known for their work on the Rebuild of Evangelion tetralogy) and Gonzo.
There were three cuts in total of which I uploaded two. I'm not sure how to upload the third yet, as it's A3 in size and I can't scan bigger than A4. :( I know how to put halves together, but that takes quite some time.

So here are links to the douga animations I made. If you're interested you can also find all roughs in the same subgallery.
Cut 16 - roaring lion
Cut 22 - female knight vs. goblin

I also added another settei copy, #19 of Wolf's Rain, to my gallery. It's a pity that the main characters aren't in it, but the futuristic vehicles and buildings are interesting.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

WOW 8O
that roaring lion is sooooo cool!!!!!!!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thanks! I like it as well, you don't see something like that very often. There was another cut with the lion in the PV, but unfortunately I don't have it.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Yupa wrote:While working on removing tape from new sketches I decided to update all scans in my Vocaloid Lily gallery. I think those scans are a bit closer to reality now. :D
For those of you who haven't seen how bad my previous scans were, compare this to this.
They look great!!! :D
Yupa wrote:Thanks! I like it as well, you don't see something like that very often
No you don’t, that lion is amazing such detail 8O
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Thank you D123! It certainly was a pleasant surprise, it wasn't in the mandarake screenshots.

I have an awesome update today, this might be my favorite sketch set. If I had a wishlist this cut would've been on it.
So what is it what I'm talking about? I recently won a new Spice and Wolf set for decent price, in it was probably one of the most rare cuts in S&W. S&W artwork is very nice, but there isn't much animation in most cuts. But this cut is an exception, it features Holo transforming into her wolf form! For those of you who've seen this series, you know that doesn't happen often. Actually it only happens twice in the whole series!
This cut is from episode 13, the final episode of the first season.

I made an animation of the douga, in 70 frames Holo transforms into a wolf. I had to imitate the pan effect by making Lawrence smaller as Holo grows, so I hope it looks good. I like the way the fur goes up on her arms and legs.
Ep. 13 Cut 62 - link to the douga animation
You can find all other artwork in the same subgallery I made for this cut.

But that was not all, in this set were also four cuts of Holo lieing in bed.
Here are the links to the douga animations. This is one of many examples of very good artwork, not so special animation.
Ep. 4 Cut 42 - Holo talks and moves a bit
Ep. 4 Cut 44 - Sleeping Holo (single frame)
Ep. 4 Cut 50 - Sleeping Holo with tail (pan shot)
Ep. 4 Cut 52 - Lawrence puts a blanket over Holo

For those who are visiting my main S&W gallery, I'm currently in the process of moving everything to subgalleries - one for each episode. I also plan to add more info and screenshots and update a few animations.