Endlessly Clear White...

Show off your stuff!
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Endlessly Clear White...

Post by BeautifulAlone »

So I've been going back and forth in playing with lay outs for my Gallery. I always liked web design as a little creative outlet and tension reliever. But what happens is I tend to rework them so much I get fed up and never use them. X| I finally had something I kinda' sorta liked. Maybe? Well, in any case it's live, but it does need tweaking and finishing up. Just wanted to let anyone know who might visit that my Gallery looks a wreck for a reason. Heh. :wink:

Thanks for looking!
~ Beautiful Alone

p.s...Oh...and I also have new cels forthcoming. I just have very little online time nowadays. :l
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Endlessly Clear White...

Post by Yupa »

I like the black and white background, also the banner is very nicely done. It's a pity that the background repeats on the right side, but I guess with RS there's not much you can do about it. I think it's great when people are creative with their gallery (unlike me who just picked a basic color set).

I think this cel is very awesome. I also like your L fan cel.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Yupa wrote:I like the black and white background, also the banner is very nicely done. It's a pity that the background repeats on the right side, but I guess with RS there's not much you can do about it. I think it's great when people are creative with their gallery (unlike me who just picked a basic color set).

I think this cel is very awesome. I also like your L fan cel.
Thank you, Yupa!! :D That banner went through three different versions, ugh! I'm glad you like it! Aw, shucks...really...the BG is repeating?! I was afraid of that. X| It doesn't do it on my screen...I'll have to play with settings when I get a chance. Or go solid. D'oh! :x

Thank you for the comments on the cels, too...I had hinted forever to get that L from the fan artist. Sheesh!! I was so happy when she gifted him to me! :yay
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

BeautifulAlone wrote:...really...the BG is repeating?! I was afraid of that. X| It doesn't do it on my screen...
At first I didn't think it did on mine either, but if I go to full screen, I can see what Yupa is describing. Generally I have my browser in "Restore down" mode as my laptop has an unusually wide/short screen. In my normal browsing mode, I see nothing wrong. And to fix this you may have to put the right margin unrealistically far to the right. I'd say leave it be. If folks don't like it, they can fit their screen to your design, not vice versa.

I like the banner, and I like the sentiment. Many times I've asked why I had to drag the burdens I've had to bear through life, and one time I got an answer back: "Because I knew you could do it."

Or as a tai chi instructor told my daughter, "What doesn't kill you, leaves you stronger."
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

sensei wrote:
BeautifulAlone wrote:...really...the BG is repeating?! I was afraid of that. X| It doesn't do it on my screen...
At first I didn't think it did on mine either, but if I go to full screen, I can see what Yupa is describing. Generally I have my browser in "Restore down" mode as my laptop has an unusually wide/short screen. In my normal browsing mode, I see nothing wrong. And to fix this you may have to put the right margin unrealistically far to the right. I'd say leave it be. If folks don't like it, they can fit their screen to your design, not vice versa.

I like the banner, and I like the sentiment. Many times I've asked why I had to drag the burdens I've had to bear through life, and one time I got an answer back: "Because I knew you could do it."

Or as a tai chi instructor told my daughter, "What doesn't kill you, leaves you stronger."
Thanks, sensei. Yes, I think I'll take you're advice about the sizing of the BG tile. I just don't have time to play around right now...I still have thumbnails to adjust. 8O

Amen...I've always appreciated that quote and find it perfect to my chosen character and theme!! The author I borrowed from ( Bekämpfen Sie das Kreuz:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/201935/1/Be ... _das_Kreuz) she always has the best thoughtful quotes for her works (http://villain69.livejournal.com/profile)!

Thank you for taking time to comment! :)
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

I love the graphics!!! :D The color scheme looks great as well! :)
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Very nice gallery. I especially like all the descriptions you use. I love reading notes in galleries.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

D123 wrote:I love the graphics!!! :D The color scheme looks great as well! :)

Thank you D123!! :) I appreciate you taking the time to comment!^^

I was (still am) concerned that my bloody cross in the center isn't stand-out enough. I mean, I know it's there because I put it there, to also play into Ken's claws. So it's nice to hear people like the graphic.
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

graymouser wrote:Very nice gallery. I especially like all the descriptions you use. I love reading notes in galleries.
Thank you! That means a lot! :)

I have a few cels to update w/ yet that I haven't gotten around to writing up descriptions for. I just don't have the time or brain power. Bleh. Though I did finally get up my Gluhen rilezu I recently got! :D
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

BeautifulAlone wrote:
D123 wrote:I love the graphics!!! :D The color scheme looks great as well! :)

Thank you D123!! :) I appreciate you taking the time to comment!^^

I was (still am) concerned that my bloody cross in the center isn't stand-out enough. I mean, I know it's there because I put it there, to also play into Ken's claws. So it's nice to hear people like the graphic.
Oh I love the bloody cross along with the passage/quote, very creative! :)
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

It looks great, definitely very well matched for the series it's highlighting. I really like the raggedy edged border you gave the background. I also really like the font you used for the "Weiß Kreuz" at the bottom of the page. It suits Ken and Weiß well.

I'm not completely sure the background is repeating? When I looked at your source code it didn't say repeat (my monitor isn't wide enough to show a full repeat if it were repeating, all I can see is a white edge after the black), but your background color was set to white, which could be making it look like the start of a repeat. If you changed the background color to black it might blend in with the edge of your background image?? I've never tried making my rubberslug gallery look as customized as you have though, not sure how much control you actually have with overriding the rubberslug default layouts.

EDIT: Wait...I'm dumb. The background has to be repeating, because it is clearly repeating vertically. So it is probably repeating horizontally as well. Can you add CSS to your rubberslug layout? Probably not, right?? People are probably right that there's isn't a way to fix that. >__<

Oi, sorry! Not really thinking there.