Raseleane's Cel Gallery! 09/17/2013

Show off your stuff!
Raseleane
Anime Geek

Raseleane's Cel Gallery! 09/17/2013

Post by Raseleane »

Hello everyone!
I have been collecting Sailor Moon cels for about a year, and now have a gallery up. Please look, enjoy the cels, and rate the gallery.
http://raseleanescel.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Thank you,
Raseleane
Last edited by Raseleane on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Raseleane's Cel Gallery!

Post by sensei »

Welcome to the madness, Raseleane! And thanks for sharing your growing Sailor Moon collection. You already have a good variety of the senshi, and you show good taste in collecting expressive images of them. I think I like this one of Sailor Pluto, with the dramatic swishing hair. Though this one of Sailor Venus is also a dramatic and visually lovely cel. And the images and color design of the gallery are very attractive. Thanks for giving context for the cels when you can!

Enjoy your stay at Beta, and feel free to ask questions, post comments, and generally enliven things around here! And my the celga no kami be kind!
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Welcome! :D I love your collection so far, you've already acquired some awesome pieces!

Your Introduction Pluto is my favorite of yours, and making me wish I could afford to start collecting her as well. XD Alas, I need to cross off a few major Hotaru wishlist cels first.

ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I caught your update on Rubberslug the other day. Nice gallery! I really like your collection; you've got some fabulous pieces. :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Those are some great cels, thanks for sharing! I especially like the Sailor Venus cel. :)
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Welcome to the club! You have some very pretty pieces, esp the group cel. I like your homepage banner too :) May your collection grow and grow!
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

http://raseleanescel.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=338363
I tried for this one when it went up, so happy I can see it again! :D Hands down one of the most gorgeous cels of Sailor Moon herself out there and from one of my favorite episodes :emb !

I was impressed by your other cels as well :D

Welcome!! :)
Last edited by D123 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by rosesleep »

Welcome to the board! You have a great selection of Sailor Moon cels!

http://raseleanescel.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=338372
This vivid and tearful expression of Cooan is my favorite of your collection - an excellent piece!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I am not a Sailor Moon fan and, thus, don't know much about the show ... but I think your gallery is lovely. Your collection is visually interesting and has some very dramatic pieces, packed with action and emotion. It draws in even someone like me, who doesn't know much about the show. I think your gallery colors are very pretty, too. Welcome to AB and to the hobby -- and happy future cel hunting!
Raseleane
Anime Geek

Post by Raseleane »

Thank you for looking at my gallery everyone! I’m so happy y'all like it!
I have made a small update to my gallery. I've added some Cardcaptor Sakura cels that I received as gifts from my older sister. If you have time I would love it if you took a look at them.
Thank you,
Raseleane
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Re: Raseleane's Cel Gallery! Update

Post by tex-chan »

Very cute CCS additions!! Congrats on your new cels! :D
sensei

Post by sensei »

Mmmmm ... lessee. This doesn't come as easily as it did when I was a 99% CCS collector. (My second cel, which I still have, is from Tenchi Muyo so I was almost never 100% CCS ... but close.)

Sakura is easy. That's Ep. 69 during the magic duel with Eriol, where she's about to try to change all her remaining cards to Sakura form in the hopes that one will let her turn the tide. I have the rough sketches that go with this cut (though not this exact image).

Yue is also easy. That's Ep. 46 during Sakura's "Last Judgment" duel with this character, before he becomes her protector. Here's a pretty close screen cap (the swirling cape and long pony tail are different). [Did I remember to say that this is a really impressive and important cel?]

Now Syaoran is the devil because he's in his school uniform, which he wears a lot, and is doing his magical ofuda card incantation, which he does a lot. But ... the uniform is in the summer colors, which cuts down the possibilities a lot, and he's got his backpack on, which cuts it down even more.

It can't be Ep. 12 or 20 (summer uniform, but not during the magical adventure), or 13 either (wears summer uniform during the magical adventure but doesn't have a backpack and doesn't do the ofuda bit). So it has to be Season 3.

Aha! Ep. 49 (Sakura and the Dangerous Piano) has a scene where he wears the summer uniform AND the backpack AND does the ofuda bit. Here's another pretty close screen cap, just a hair before your cel, I'd say.

Heh. Thanks for the adventure. I love tracking these little gems down.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I love that Yue cel!

This looks like a show I really need to watch.
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

You have a lovely gallery. Look forward to seeing more and welcome to the hobby/community. :)
Raseleane
Anime Geek

Post by Raseleane »

Thank you, Sensei, for the information. I have used it to put short summaries with the cels.