Two big Disney wishlists recieved, be up soon!

Show off your stuff!
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Two big Disney wishlists recieved, be up soon!

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Hi everyone,

I still haven't scanned in the Glen Keane Tarzan which I've had for a while and was prob the number one Disney item I wanted to be honest. But today I've just recieved a cel of Wart as a squirrel and The Little Girl Squirrel together which some of you may remember I'd wanted a while back. Both pieces were purchased from this excellent dealer:

http://www.firstanimationart.com/

If there are some of you out there who haven't dealt with this company before Wanda is 100% trustworthy and although the prices are premium the quality of the art is outstanding and if you mention you're looking for something specific they may be able to find it for you.

That's what happened to me when Wanda sent me a message saying she'd found a Tarzan drawing for me :)

The Wart and Girl Squirrel is the same one that star-phoenix showed me years back so thank you very much for pointing it out, it's appreciated! :D

I've only ever seen 3 others of the two together and it is the highest quality, originally from the Disney Art Corner as well with the gold seal and what I think is a matching print background.

I'll have them up for you guys soon.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Two big Disney wishlists recieved, be up soon!

Post by rosesleep »

Uh oh! Looks like someone caught the Disney bug! :D

You know that saying, "Once you go black, you can't go back?" Disney in the other hand...

~First Purchase~
The only one I ever need

~Second Purchase~
Okay, last one, promise

~Third Purchase~
The hell?? $2000? The last and most expensive Disney cel I'll ever buy

~Fourth Indecisive Purchase~
UGhhhhh...!!! jfdksjfs;alfjdsklfjsafls!! INNER TURMOIL!!

I'm looking forward to your beauties 8)
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Hahaha!

I don't think I've done too bad with Disney, I've always been selective with production cels, even thogh I've collected DBZ for about 7 years but only have around 7 cels that tells you all you need to know. :)

I can only think of two Disney items I'd ever really, really want and I've been fortunate enough to grab both of them. The squirrel scene from The Sword In The Stone is probably one of my all time fav' cartoon scenes period, wore the tape out when I was younger watching that scene so extremely happy to get a cel of the Girl Squirrel and Arthur together :D

Tarzan is my fav' Disney film and always would have liked one of him, very lucky I think!

I'm pretty satisfied with my DBZ collection and that's partly why I haven't added to it since 2009, it'd take something very special like Goku transforming Super-Saiyan for the first time pan, father-son kamehameha, angel Goku ED etc these days. The stuff you'd expect to throw 5K at.

It's great a lot of Disney art was saved by the 1930's-40's art program and the Art Corner at Disneyland. Literally saved thousands of cels from probably just being thrown out.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by rosesleep »

The Sword in the Stone is one of the most underrated Disney film, ever! Glad to see another person who appreciates it as well! :D

Awww!! The squirrel and the Arthur scene is just so... depressing.. :l

On a lighter note, Madam Mim is a real scene stealer, she can be a total babe if she's provoked :cheers

Yep! Totally agree with your last sentence! Can't you believe that they used to wash out the celluloid and reuse it?! :l
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah it's a powerful scene, Frank Thomas was responsible for the squirrel sequence and they're animated very well, the expressions are great. If you search about the film you'll find loads of people that mention the squirrel scene with the girl squirrel, it's very popular.

I think that scene probably subconsciously made an entire generation build up a barrier of sarcasm, wit and defenses, not to be penetrated by any emotional siege. :P

If you have something specific Disney related you're looking for you could always ask Wanda at First Animation Art. They have a personal search service and if there's any chance of the item being found they'll give you honest answers and let you know if it becomes available.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by rosesleep »

Oh wow, thanks for the trivia! I didn't know that Frank Thomas was responsible for that scene, it is incredible. His work on Cinderella's stepmother and Queen of Hearts are some of his best work, he is definitely a favorite of mine. :^^:

First Animation Art has amazing stuff, a tad expensive but I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the tip! :cheers
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah I didn't know that at first either, check out this article from Andreas Deja on FT & the squirrel sequence, he mentions the segment acutally played at his funeral as well:

http://andreasdeja.blogspot.co.uk/2011/ ... rrels.html

Their prices are certainly on the higher end of the scale but they are also very flexible. I was offered a long layaway option for the Tarzan drawing but covered it in two and if you are seriously interested I think they will put it on layaway for you.

They have access to large private collections as well as some of the animators who worked on the films, as Tarzan art was never officially released by the studio they managed to get one of Keane's Tarzan drawings that was saved by a junior animator who worked on the film, wanting to raise some money for a personal film project.

Mention that Hadley said you should check them out and I'm sure Wanda will take my word for it you're a serious buyer :)
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Woot! :bounce Congratulations on the wonderful find!!