The Higurashi Archives

Show off your stuff!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: The Higurashi Archives

Post by Keropi »

Oops! For one auction, I had the same picture showing three times. I went and corrected it in the post. :D

Yeah, I was kind of hoping to collect more psychotic moments from the series, but those exact moments do not show often show up onscreen. I kind of like "unhinged moments". Wish I could have gotten them from Gift, Shuffle and School Days. :wow:
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

I'm going to delete these photos after a short time because people in Japan read these forums as well.
why though? so they dont think we are on to them? lol

I vaguely remember the auctions, bid on a few, lost, sad times. Though you'd think they would at LEAST draw better poses from those shows. Was it confirmed that they where fake? or was it just questionable?
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:Yeah, I was kind of hoping to collect more psychotic moments from the series, but those exact moments do not show often show up onscreen. I kind of like "unhinged moments". Wish I could have gotten them from Gift, Shuffle and School Days. :wow:
I'd love to see that as well...especially for School Days which I have yet to see any sketch whatsoever besides the ones you have. wonder what they did with all their sketches, its not like they need them for reilzu, right?-_-"
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by HigurashiArchives »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:
Keropi wrote:Yeah, I was kind of hoping to collect more psychotic moments from the series, but those exact moments do not show often show up onscreen. I kind of like "unhinged moments". Wish I could have gotten them from Gift, Shuffle and School Days. :wow:
I'd love to see that as well...especially for School Days which I have yet to see any sketch whatsoever besides the ones you have. wonder what they did with all their sketches, its not like they need them for reilzu, right?-_-"
Artbooks, etc. I'm sure the production cast gets first dibs. But I totally agree I'm on the lookout for them, actually do have one of Rena with her "Cat Eyes" as well as a Rena sketch from episode 4 ;)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

moonrabitt wrote:why though? so they dont think we are on to them? lol
Well, it was because I didn't want them to do anything differently so that they would remain easy to identify. But when it comes down to it, I don't think it makes any difference because I don't think they're even around anymore.
Was it confirmed that they where fake? or was it just questionable?
I think it was confirmed, but I wasn't the one who first heard about it.
Yeah, it would have been nice to have seen them.
HigurashiArchives wrote:Artbooks, etc. I'm sure the production cast gets first dibs. But I totally agree I'm on the lookout for them, actually do have one of Rena with her "Cat Eyes" as well as a Rena sketch from episode 4 ;)
I might have seen you bidding awhile back. Cats Eyes are good.

Now that I think about it, I used to look for sketches of other "unhinged" Mai Nakahara characters such as Aono in Sola, Mai in Mai Hime and Juvia in Fairy Tail. :D

It didn't work out though. And I never seen any sketches from Gift. :(
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Welcome to Anime-Beta, HigurashiArchives! It's great to see an impressive collection of Higurashi sketches like yours, as production art from this series does seem to be semi-rare. I hope you'll continue to add to your collection and build up your gallery into a great, representative selection of Higurashi art!
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Keropi wrote: Yeah, I was kind of hoping to collect more psychotic moments from the series, but those exact moments do not show often show up onscreen. I kind of like "unhinged moments". Wish I could have gotten them from Gift, Shuffle and School Days. :wow:
I have a gift for you!
Miyo escaping the orphanarium in Higurashi Kai! 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's pretty neat. Is that a sketch copy or an original?

When did you start collecting from Higurashi because I have some older sketch auction pictures saved.
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Keropi wrote:That's pretty neat. Is that a sketch copy or an original?

When did you start collecting from Higurashi because I have some older sketch auction pictures saved.
It's an original. I started collecting a few months ago. Are you talking about the fake sketches?
This one came with about 15 rough gengas of it as well as a douga.

I also just got this one:
Shion as Mion about to stab Keiichi in episode 8 of season 1
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I like both of the sketches especially the shion one, those moments are pretty hard to come by, not to mention my favor season by far is 1st and favor characters are the sonozaki sisters :D
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I like both of the sketches especially the shion one, those moments are pretty hard to come by, not to mention my favor season by far is 1st and favor characters are the sonozaki sisters :D
Yeah I was very lucky (story of my collection) that the Shion one was still available, I came very close to getting a piece of Rika's headstab scene, but it just wasn't meant to be... X|

Anyway thanks! My favorite is Rena, I'm looking for a shot of her from the first story arch with her Cat eyes or the infamous "Door Scene." Gotta love the girl that helped dub the term "Yangire"!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Did you get any of Rena holding the bento box from the first story arc? I seen a pan sketch from that awhile back.
I came very close to getting a piece of Rika's headstab scene, but it just wasn't meant to be... X|
Aw, that's too bad. That would have been neat to see. :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

HigurashiArchives wrote:I came very close to getting a piece of Rika's headstab scene, but it just wasn't meant to be...
yeah I believe that is my favor scene from the anime, so I would love to have see it...well now its most likely not to be seen ever again-_-"
My favorite is Rena, I'm looking for a shot of her from the first story arch with her Cat eyes or the infamous "Door Scene."
I remember that scene as well. if I run across anything from it I'd certainly inform you.
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Keropi wrote:Did you get any of Rena holding the bento box from the first story arc? I seen a pan sketch from that awhile back.
This one correct?
[Ayu]_Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_04_[97076C30].avi_snapshot_05.59_[2012.04.28_22.46.25] Stitch.jpg
[Ayu]_Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_04_[97076C30].avi_snapshot_05.59_[2012.04.28_22.46.25] Stitch.jpg (186.99 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
I have it framed above my bed! :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Oh, you got it? That's good, because I remember seeing those Opening sketches roughly around the same time (if I'm remembering correctly)