BuraddoRun's Gallery SEVERELY Needs Updating! 9/15/17

Show off your stuff!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

BuraddoRun's Gallery SEVERELY Needs Updating! 9/15/17

Post by BuraddoRun »

Hey all,

I wanted to get my collection fully uploaded to Rubberslug before I joined Anime-Beta, and I've done just that! Well, actually I do have a few things that should come in this week, but as of this moment, every cel in my possession is on that site. I didn't figure out how to add the douga under a particular cel, so I just uploaded everything on its own, which is fine because it gave me more room to jibber-jabber about whatever in each section. LOL! Hopefully someone will actually enjoy my sometimes long-winded descriptions, or even all of the mouth douga I posted.

Anyway, I have a decent selection, I think. What I would maybe list as a couple of highlights would be a few in my Sailor Moon section, my Sailor...Moon section (the Toonmakers American never-released Sailor Moon), maybe my Urusei Yatsura cel, and my Project A-ko cel. I don't know. Feel free to poke around and comment on anything you want to.

http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com
Last edited by BuraddoRun on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: BuraddoRun's Gallery is up!

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh hey, welcome to the forum! Glad you got just about everything up on RS now! Take care and enjoy chatting with us folk here, too!! :D
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

hey Brad, we already chatted about your gallery earlier,and Yes, its always fun to see new collections 8)
and to know that people still keep getting invovled in this hobby,
keep up the good work, and, again, I really like that LaLa-Ru cel of yours, sweet!
once again, Welcome!
:cheers
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

Welcome and good luck with your collection !

:)
Spoiler
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Spoiler »

Welcome to the Community my man! I have yet to meet one unpleasant person yet so I know you'll love it. Try not to go broke :bny
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Re: BuraddoRun's Gallery is up! Update 1/3/13 Wishlist Cels!

Post by BuraddoRun »

Hi all,

I wanted to post some of my best new acquisitions in the last month. I was able to get a few wishlist cels which I'm very happy about, and some other odds and ends. Check them out and let me know what you think!

1. Zone Fighter Hankens: http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com/galler ... esID=46199
I didn't know these even existed, but while browsing the Everyday Auctions at Mandarake I stumbled upon them and immediately put them on my "had to get" mental list. Zone Fighter was Toho's (the studio that owns the Godzilla franchise) answer to Tsurubaya's (Ultraman) and Toei's (Kamen Rider & Metal Heroes [also Super Sentai, but they weren't around just yet]) Henshin/Giant Hero hit shows. It was live-action, so these hanken must have come from a toy, or book, or cassette or something. I emailed Mandarake but they didn't know the source. In any case, the detail is nice, and the 2 douga make up the full team (minus Godzilla who makes guest appearances in a few episodes).

2. Sailor Moon's Hotaru: http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=360788
I didn't initially put this on my public wishlist, but I've wanted a decent Hotaru for awhile (back before I was really a "collector"), and now I've got one. It's just a medium-sized genga, but I really like it. I did recently add Sailor Saturn to my public wishlist, though. That one may take me awhile to get.

3. Mask of Glass: Maya: http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com/galler ... esID=45965
Thank you very much Linda for selling me this beautiful cel of Maya. I really enjoyed watching Mask of Glass years ago, despite it being a show I didn't really ever envision myself watching and enjoying. Watching Maya become so many different characters in the show really helped me appreciate the art of acting more deeply, which is kind of ironic, since what I was "watching" was an animated character, though what I heard was some really good [voice] acting. Anyhow, I wanted 1, just 1, good cel of Maya from this show. Now that I have it, it's officially off my wishlist, though I of course wouldn't mind getting more nice cels from this series.

4. Now & Then, Here & There: Shuu & Abelia: http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com/galler ... esID=45977
When I 1st opened my gallery I already had a great Lala-Ru cel, but I was able to ad Shuu (the lead character) thanks to Gordon and Abelia thanks to Yann. At the moment, all 3 of my cels are pretty much busts (head and shoulder shots), which is pretty cool. I wouldn't mind keeping the pattern going if I can find more great cels of the other characters from the show. I have yet to see any Hamdo cels anywhere, or even any backgrounds for that matter. By the way, if you haven't seen this series, I would recommend it above all others story-wise, but bring a box of Kleenex with you if you do sit and watch it.

5. Mysterious Cities of Gold: http://buraddorun.rubberslug.com/galler ... esID=45954
I am very happy to be able to add this cel to my collection. This show was a big favorite of mine when I was a kid. I remember loving the artwork, characters, and story, and not really understanding how it was different than the other cartoons I watched. It wasn't until my teenage years that a friend introduced me to anime, at which point I found out that some of my favorite shows as a kid had Japanese origins. Anyway, this cel is very pretty in person. The background is a really nice shade of gold, and the cel is in very good condition for its age. The only sad part is that it is stuck.

Thanks for reading and looking! I plan to spend some time this month cleaning up my gallery a bit. Now that I know how to add images under each primary image, I want to put sketches as sub-images under their cels, rather than a separate entry. This will hopefully make my gallery less boring and easier to navigate. LOL.
Last edited by BuraddoRun on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations on your additions and particularly on the Mysterious Cities of Gold setup, which is very beautiful. But you make a good case for each one of these, making them worth a visit even for series that are not familiar to me.

The hanken sketches for Zone Fighter are an interesting mystery. It's possible that they were used for a light novel or manga spin-off from the TV series. There was a comic book version, I see from Tumblr, and so the hanken might have designed a cover or spread from this. Alternatively, it might have been for the cover of a related toy, as I see the boxes for thesewere decorated with art.

Thanks for sharing!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Thanks, Sensei! Maybe one day I'll solve the Zone Fighter mystery.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

gosh but I love your enthusiasm around here :cheers
and I admire your growing collection and attention to your gallery as well,
great updates, really liking the NTHT additions,
but your Mysterious Cities of Gold setup is just simply excellent.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Congratulations on your latest acquisitions Buraddo; all of those items are very nice & artistic. More importantly, one can tell that you are quite proud of owning each item.

Particularly compelling are the three "Now & then, Here & There" cels. Each of these cels go a long way in displaying the unique beauty of this emotional movie.

Seeing your new "Mysterious Cities of Gold" cel also brings back some child-hood memories when this show first-aired on Australian TV, just over two decades ago........(geez was it that long ago?!). Rushing to get back home on the weekdays before the 5pm screening time.
Keep up the Good hunting!!
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

You have a lovely gallery and collection. Your new wishlist acquisitions are wonderful! Congrats on adding them and good luck for your cel hunting in the future!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the feedback.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Re: BuraddoRun's Gallery SEVERELY Needs Updating! 9/15/17

Post by BuraddoRun »

Hey everyone! I've been away for a few years now sadly, as I just stopped updating my gallery and slowed my collecting when other life stuff came up. Some of you may remember me and some may not, as I was only here for a relatively short while. That said, I enjoyed this community very much, and I'm glad to see some familiar faces around here (as well as some new ones).

I've still been picking things up here and there, but I haven't updated my gallery since 2013! 8O So the plan is to start doing that, slowly. I have a lot of stuff from 2013 that I never got around to scanning, and then there's the new stuff I've gotten since. It will take some time for sure. But I hope that I can eventually get it done, and that I can ease my way back into the community here as well. It's nice to chat with other collectors and generally cool-headed people around here.

Oh also, thanks to everyone who sent the occasional messages my way, including the Happy Birthday wishes! I appreciate it very much, despite the fact that I accidentally switched the day and month in my profile and so kept getting summer greetings when my birthday is in March. LOL It's corrected now.

And finally, here's a peek at something that I just got in the mail today! I'm posting here before I update my Rubberslug page. It's a skikishi drawn by Shinji Nishikawa (also known as MASH), who was a designer for many of the monsters in the Godzilla movies that came out from 1989-2004. He's also worked on some Ultraman stuff. This piece was drawn in 2015 and is of Mechani-Kong, a robot King Kong that you can watch in the film King Kong Escapes. MASH didn't actually work on that film, as it is from the 60s, but there was a plan to update him for the Heisei period movies at one point. That movie was scrapped unfortunately, but most likely MASH would have worked on his design had the movie been made, seeing as how he worked on both movies that came out in place of that one.