Rubberslug Issues

Show off your stuff!
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Rubberslug Issues

Post by ginga123 »

Dear Jason,

Please return my full sponsorship fees accrued in your absence from 2010 to present. I am simply not receiving what I paid for.

Thanks
Last edited by ginga123 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Dear Jason,

Please finish Rubberslug or pass the torch on to another Webmaster who will finish it for you.

If neither of these are an option, please post a response to my request in the Community Forum and on Anime-Beta.

Thank you,

Ginga123
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Sponsorship fees? Is this a monthly fee deducted from your bank account? If not, then I would think this would be called a "donation", which is probably nonrefundable.

Why not purchase your own domain and design your own gallery as you like it yourself if you're not satisfied with the FREE Website Jason set up for everybody?
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

you donate to rs as far as i know it would be nice if stuff was fixed but making demands in public helps nobody jason owns rs he is under no obligation to anybody
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Yikes... I've kept my mouth shut for a long time, but now I feel I must say this. If you love RS, you might not want to read it.

*RANT WARNING*

Ginga, like many of us, has been around a very long time, which means she probably remembers when Rubberslug actually WORKED. The forums worked, even if you dared use punctuation in a post title. You could upload GIF files. Since the last site "upgrade", Jason broke so many things probably to avoid having to constantly deal with hacks, exploits, etc. -- basically, the last upgrades to the site allowed him to completely ignore it and it keeps on running, despite the fact that there's a bunch of problems with it. Then there was all the talk about what he'd like to do with it. Polls. Posts. And then... nothing. Not even the GIF upload got fixed before he was talking about better chat or social media integration. The hero worship of this guy who has been GONE from the community for probably close to 10 years now is getting on my nerves. Back in the day, RS was fantastic. Jason was great. He deserved all the accolades and love and worship. He did something great for the cel community. But with him leaving it to rot now & seeing people jump on the long-time supporter for asking for her donation money back? GAH! I can't take it. We aren't talking a few months or even a year. We're talking many years -- at what point does it become just totally wrong to continue to accept donations for a site that's half busted?

I think Ginga has every right to ask for her money back, donation or not. She's been paying to support a site that hasn't worked right in many years. I've been saying this quietly to friends for a long time, myself -- it's time to shut down RS and stop using it as nothing but a bunch of web traffic stats for bragging rights. Or fix the dang thing. Accepting donations for a site that's clearly neglected is just plain wrong. Jason said he wouldn't charge people to use RS, but he'll let you donate. What's the difference? You're still paying to help out a site that the creator/owner appears to care nothing about (what he says doesn't mean much -- actions [or lack thereof] speak far louder). There are ways to host free web sites all over the Internet. Use them -- tell Jason that neglecting RS is not ok. Cancel your donation subscriptions. Take your money, take your page views & hits and leave, but for the love of cels & everything else that makes a community great, stop supporting it!

*END RANT*

I'm sorry. I know the above rant will piss people off, but it's how I have felt about RS for a long time. *shrug* You can hate me for it and flame me for it, but I've been around since RS was first created -- I remember when it really meant something to this community. I once supported it, too. What has happened to it is sad, but stuff happens. People's lives change. What bothers me most is that Jason seems to not want to admit that he just can't do it anymore -- it's time to move on, for everyone's sake.
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Thank you Zerospace! That is the whole point and reason of my post!! Amen!

My point of my post is not to make demands, make a public scene and enemies that go with it, flame wars or whatever. We should receive what we expect, or maybe at this point deserve, a better fully functioning website.
Last edited by ginga123 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

donation
  Use Donation in a sentence
do·na·tion
[doh-ney-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.
a gift, as to a fund; contribution.
Origin:
that's why asking for it back baffles me your unhappy close your gallery stop using the site i meapeople make there own gallerys heck use photobucket tumblar whatever
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

i facebooked jason for you ginga so hell see your blog and this post
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

That's fine. He hasn't read my PayPal letter to him anyway. It states what Zerospace stated in their rant and it's time to be honest. You can be mad at me, take away your views of me as a nice person, etc. Torch me, fry me, flame war me whatever--- been there, done that, survived, and thrived. That's how I earned the nickname, "notorious ginga123" I don't care.

My point behind my post is something needs to be done about RS and someone has to answer for it. He never answered my email months ago asking about the future of RS. That's when I started to believe we were gonna fry. I could care less about money. I care about the people who make this hobby fun and the truth needs to be told. Ask anyone who knows me fairly well. They'll tell you that.

Yes, you are right. My means of communication seem quite scandalous. But, I feel I am only person right now brave enough with Zerospace to say it. And say it loud and aloud.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

not mad only trying to help just my experiences giving a ultimatum never goes well especially when your target doesn't see it
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Once again, let me be clear to all MODs and Admins on Beta and RS that I am not trying to cause trouble or be or even set a bad example for others. That is the VERY last thing I would want and even never do and y'all need as you begin your journey to exit AB. I am not even here to talk smack or start trashing others as well; and, if you feel or believe that, I apologize for giving you that impression. I really believe in Beta and the potential, positive impact it can have on the anime community. I intended to post an idea of moving the web hosting to Fat Cow or Word Press today to help start generating the marketing and accessibility to social interface we may need to keep this growing. But, for some reason or other, I am not able to post there at on that particular thread at the moment.

Now, let's return to this RS thing before I get an 'Off Topic' flag. That is not the goal of my conversation on this thread. We wouldn't have this thread in the first place given the constituents mentioned in the previous posts. I'm no spring chicken and already know that I have a 20% of getting this thread responded by the man himself. (No offense to hard working individuals, as we all fall into that category, and entrepreneurs.)

We may as well get all the facts on the table. Plain and simple. No more doubt, worry, or fear. Honesty is what we need and a strong community to back it up and move forward towards a better future.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Solution: You don't like how RS is being run, create a better site and run it. Don't simply demand money you frankly don't deserve and then ask to piggyback off of someone else's hard work and knowhow.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Then let's be honest. We are all "piggy-backers" at RS based on the wording or interpretation of that statement-- not what you said. My point is RS is not being run or maintained that's what I am unhappy about and everyone knows it too. I never said I was unhappy at or with RS. What is the point of having this thread if we didn't have an issue about this.

Separately- If you want a visionary, let's take this a step further. Let's merge the AB forum with a brand-new RS interface, complete with social media interface and let AB run it. That's powerful stuff. A brand new umbrella at your fingertips. But, it's not my place or space to use or abuse someone elses' expertise in such a manner that would dishonor the individual who due credit.
Last edited by ginga123 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

How existential. It's still lazy.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

You're calling the wrong woman lazy. :D I like you blueheaven. lol
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com