Rubberslug Issues

Show off your stuff!
logorzat
Kamisama - God

Rubberslug Issues

Post by logorzat »

Is anyone having trouble adding pictures to their gallery listings on Rubberslug? I keep getting messages that the image was successfully uploaded but there is no picture. I am using Windows 8 by the way.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Rubberslug Issues

Post by sensei »

Could have been some oddball temporary issue with the server? I did a big image upload this morning (Using MS Explorer 9) and had no problems other than the usual issues on this end with my Internet access. Hope you can move ahead with your update soon!
logorzat
Kamisama - God

Post by logorzat »

Thank you Sensei for your reply. Unfortunately it is still not working. The weirdest thing is the same files will upload on photobucket just fine. I wish I knew what the problem was. I just got a new scanner and wanted to add some new cels and some better scans of the ones I already have. :bawl
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Not to be funny but are you sure it's saying the image uploaded successfully? I think I was confused for a bit when I tried to upload a pic and got no image. I finally realized that my pic was over 1 MB and therefore too large.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Has anyone else tried to upload new items to your gallery within the last 12 hours? It's doing that thing again where it sits at 0% when I try to upload a new item with images... :x
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

you are correct Rekka, I happen to have today off so thought it'd be a good time
to scan a few pieces in, but its not happening, just the dreaded processing 0%0%0%0%,
guess a mod needs to contact Jason or something?
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I didn't have that issue, however, when I was uploading over the weekend, I would click
on the images, and just about everytime I would get kicked into another area. Then I would
have to hit the back button, and all the images would be gone and I would have to enter
them all back in again. grrrrrr...... so frustrating. >_<
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I sent off an email to Jason but someone on facebook might contact him thru that since that catches his attention more easier.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

At about 8:00pm in Los Angeles on Saturday evening, I didn’t have any problem adding three “Wicked City” cels.

At 7:50pm on Sunday, I could add a new item, but I couldn’t upload any images … and I still can’t.
Wicked City isn’t exactly an Easter anime anyway.

I hope everything is working soon.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

It looks like some people have been able to add new items as recent as 12 minutes ago, but mine are still sitting at 0% processing... *scratches head*

Woops! Strike that! I had the window from yesterday sitting open for me to just click on Submit when the site was fixed...so that didn't work. I reloaded the page and entered all the information again and it worked fine. :P Crazy computers!! xD

Oh well, I guess it's working now!! Hurry and make your updates while everything's okay!! :D
sensei

Post by sensei »

Yes, it seems OK this morning. I had trouble changing my banner and background (which I do monthly to keep the place looking lived-in), but all went well this morning and I see from the RS page that others are uploading too. I'm no hacker, but I believe that there is a cache that needs emptying every so often, and if it fills up quicker than Jason expects, there's a short down time.
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

I keep getting pop up ads every time i visit and log in under my account management tab. certain words are randomly hyperlinked and don't make any sense at all. my pop up blocker is set on high. im using IE 9 and my ISP is att uverse.

i actually wanted to change my avatar here today; however, im running into the same issue. :(
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

ginga123 wrote:I keep getting pop up ads every time i visit and log in under my account management tab. certain words are randomly hyperlinked and don't make any sense at all. my pop up blocker is set on high. im using IE 9 and my ISP is att uverse.

i actually wanted to change my avatar here today; however, im running into the same issue. :(

//facepalm

It sounds like your browser has been hijacked and/or you have a spyware/malware or virus infection on your PC. Run an antivirus (and/or an antispyware/malware application like Ad-aware or Spybot search & destroy) and see if your problems persist.

Note: If you have the same issue across multiple websites, the problem isn't likely to be the websites ;).
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

to be clear, i cannot speak for jason or on behalf of him. only our mod, JWR can. the answer to your question is: we do not have anyone else working on RS while jason is away.

momo, i agree. he is very busy right now. he launched a beta test for one of his many new projects recently. RS is his first love; should any major issues arise, jason is an email away. i emailed him several months ago. jason misses us a great deal; however, he admitted to me that he does not have the time like he used to maintain RS at the time i communicated with him. the idea of having a trusted individual to act on behalf of jason as a interim webmaster is good; however, that is ultimately jasons' decision. i respect that. i am loyal to jason and joe.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

momo, you're welcome. my suggestion to you is to contact JWR via PM or gallery email. he will handle it from there. if you wish to contact jason, jwr will help you with that too. jason is also easily contacted via FB if you're following him.

granted, i am no expert on RS or it's technical issues, etc. the solution is a complicated one and requires more than just my voice to answer it. i am not even sure how RS is doing right now myself, as i have been away to due minor health problems. has it gotten better or worse or stayed the same?
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
www.gag.rubberslug.com