The joys of a downward spiral!

Show off your stuff!
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Re: The joys of a downward spiral!

Post by blueshinma »

Yep, that pulled me out of years long lurk mode! Stunning.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Good for you for deciding to show some prized pieces finally! It's unbelievably ridiculous the reason you had to hide those pieces, not only did that dealer pretty much directly tell you they don't hold you as high in esteem as another customer, but how on earth is upsetting that person a reason? If they actually would get upset, I can only imagine how they'd react to losing an auction.

I really wanted to throw in my support as well. :cheers The pieces belong to you and have for years now, you shelled out good money for them no doubt, you have a right to not only show that you own them, but share their existence with everyone who would be glad to know such pieces are safe in caring hands.

meewchan
Anime Geek

Post by meewchan »

Years ago, I bought a set of cels from the Sailor Moon S Movie of Luna inspecting her newly transformed self. At first, the dealer accepted my offer and I made payment. Within a day or so they contacted me and informed me that one of their "preferred buyers" (their own words) wanted to purchase it so they were canceling my sale and were going to refund my payment! A week later, they emailed me and said the other buyer had backed out and asked if I was still interested. I was super pissed and was ready to send a rather unpleasant response but my sister begged me to accept. I did and for 16 years, looking at those cels made me angry. Last year I gave them to my sister as a Christmas present. I still had a copy of my IPMO behind the bag of the $285 I paid. I remember that being a lot for a Sailor Moon cel back in in 1996. Maybe the other buyer's $285 was crisper or greener. I don't know. :evil:
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

meewchan wrote:Years ago, I bought a set of cels from the Sailor Moon S Movie of Luna inspecting her newly transformed self. At first, the dealer accepted my offer and I made payment. Within a day or so they contacted me and informed me that one of their "preferred buyers" (their own words) wanted to purchase it so they were canceling my sale and were going to refund my payment! A week later, they emailed me and said the other buyer had backed out and asked if I was still interested. I was super pissed and was ready to send a rather unpleasant response but my sister begged me to accept. I did and for 16 years, looking at those cels made me angry. Last year I gave them to my sister as a Christmas present. I still had a copy of my IPMO behind the bag of the $285 I paid. I remember that being a lot for a Sailor Moon cel back in in 1996. Maybe the other buyer's $285 was crisper or greener. I don't know. :evil:
Man you must realllllyyyy love your sister. X| X| I think I'd have about 5 aneurysms all at once if that happened to me.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

That is a truly beautiful OP Cel Jenn; such a shame that most of this time it has been covered-up & hidden away for what amounts to a pretty p*i*ss weak excuse, I cannot understand the Dealer's logic behind their request?

On the other hand, I do understand if an item was purchased from a Private Collector; I know from experience that most Private Collectors request that a Cel not be displayed for a certain amount of time due mostly to their fears that if other Cel collectors were aware they had sold some of their cels, then they would be bombarded with other Collectors requests?!
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!