lee' gallery update

Show off your stuff!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: lee' gallery update

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Thanks as usual James! And good to know you get sometime to actually relax once in a while :)

I'm glad you like the update so far, still got a few more things to add before finishing. I'm trying to add comments/info to my items but its proven to be quite a task. Never was any good at writing but at least I get some practice this way lol

I know I'm also looking forward even more than usual to your super grand update sometimes in the future.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Only the very occasional break-away dude (just do not go spreading that around too much) :P

Awesome new Yurika cel from 'M-S Nadesico':

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=376836

She has such a distinctive character design, really helps to make her stand out from the myriad of other anime heroines.

I also liked the new 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni' additions that popped up over the weekend:

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=376662

This may be a silly question, have you seen/own the second season 'Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (Solutions)' as yet?
Here in Oz, we were fortunate enough that a local distributor was able to attain DVD distribution rights, but it is still extremely rare to see physical copies in stores as the site is nearly always "out of stock" due to a large number of international orders ordering the box sets as they become available!
'Solutions' has that rare distinction of actually being better than the original season, building upon & improving the story, characters and themes introduced in the first series.

As for my own update, it is still a month away at the very least unfortunately David. My main priority at present is to finalize Offers made to two fellow A-B members before anything else.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Thanks James! I also think Yurika's character design is very distinctive, and also quite attractive. Keiji Gotoh designed quite a bit characters but I think Yurika is amongst his very best. Growing up, his Nadesico illustration was everywhere on anime/videogame magazines. My personal favor design though is Mitsuki from Double Cast, an animated visual novel game on playstation.

Since my main anime source is streaming, I'm not familiar with Higurashi's 2nd season DVD. Although ebay would be a good source to look for it I believe. A quick search showed some sellers located in OZ, in fact.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Here you go dude:

http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/Product/4 ... enre=anime

I do highly recommend you scope out this season; I remember binge-watching the last 8/9 episodes all in a row one Friday evening as each prevailing episode built its way to a grand climax as well as answering a vast majority, if not all of the questions raised throughout both seasons. Reika has a much larger part to play in this season.
The art, animation & character designs are considerably sharper & much more defined than the first series too. Do not wish to say any more as it may spoil some of the surprises install for you which is part of the viewing experience. The actual translated mangas are only about halfway through this season as a comparison.

Siren Visual also has a few other hidden gems that are yet to be officially released in the States as yet, including 'Chihayafuru', 'Dennou Coil' & 'Tatami Galaxy'.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Thanks man.I actually am used to streaming just about everything to match Japan's airing speed, sorry I thought you meant if I had seen the "DVD" of it. I remember watching the 2 seasons, 2 OVA series and the outbreak movie all in subs. But if I ever want the dubbed version this would definitely be perfect, so I appreciated the link!

I think higurashi series is like the reverse of full metal panic! series, in plot execution wise, higurashi seem to go something like: Ni>Kai>Rei>Kira/Outbreak. While the first 2 seasons are great, getting to Kira and Outbreak, they seem to rely more on cheap fanservice instead of actual plot. Think they need to bring back the orignal first two season director if they want a future for this anime.