lee' gallery update

Show off your stuff!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

lee' gallery update

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Been gradually scanning up and updating the gallery for the past few months and just about finished. Update including Tengu Tenge, Campione, Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora and a bunch of Kannazuki no Miko sketches, Misc section and a few other this and that. Feel free to take a look :)

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

and If anyone know who this character is, please let me know :D
http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=365577
Last edited by theultimatebrucelee on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: lee' gallery update.

Post by Quacker »

Congratulations on your latest additions UB Lee as well as your Gallery's Three year anniversary! Hopefully you were able to hunt down some more items to add to your gallery to celebrate the occasion?

Your Gallery continues to grow, going from strength to strength, adding to its already varied yet detailed selection.

My favourites out of your latest batch of scans would have to be the "Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora" set. This is another series I am yet to see, but the character art & design look stunning.
Looking forward to your next Big update mate.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Nice update! I like the Kannaduki no Mikos. Chikane was sort of the "quiet beauty" when the series first began.

Lol...that Slave Sisters pan cel. Kind of reminds me of that Oni Tensei sketch I seen from a long time ago when she had the gun in the girl's mouth and was ready to blow her head off. I wish I saved the picture of that. Slave Sisters was depressing. What was the name of that anime where the stepsister kills herself at the very end? That was depressing too. :D

That reminds me. I never did finish updating all those auction pictures I still had left over. I still had those Tokimekis and the bento Higurashi. I need to update those one of these years.

By the way, do you happen to know if any other Kimi ga Nozomu Eien sketches ever showed up?

:topic

I've thrown out 349 anime tapes since June 2011. I still about 150 left I think.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Quacker wrote:Congratulations on your latest additions UB Lee as well as your Gallery's Three year anniversary! Hopefully you were able to hunt down some more items to add to your gallery to celebrate the occasion?

Your Gallery continues to grow, going from strength to strength, adding to its already varied yet detailed selection.

My favourites out of your latest batch of scans would have to be the "Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora" set. This is another series I am yet to see, but the character art & design look stunning.
Looking forward to your next Big update mate.
Thanks Boss! certainly more compliments than deserved, but thats something we can never get enough of :D

I've been trying to slow down on buying recently though because I'm not seeing a very good art market right now nor do I predict there going to be one in the near future, and I need to stick to my less is more collecting principle. on the other hand I'm also trying to save up, anticipating the near future need of money and hoping one day to match up to you guys's bidding stats. certainly don't think 2-3 years would cut it but, one day lol
Keropi wrote:Lol...that Slave Sisters pan cel. Kind of reminds me of that Oni Tensei sketch I seen from a long time ago when she had the gun in the girl's mouth and was ready to blow her head off. I wish I saved the picture of that. Slave Sisters was depressing.
what??! that sounds like an awesome sketch you're talking about :D would be nice to have something like that in my collection, but we're talking about many years ago I presume?
What was the name of that anime where the stepsister kills herself at the very end? That was depressing too. :D
this topic is getting too D...whats that D word you used twice already? lol you talking about
the green hair girl jumping off building one?
if so I don't know the title either but do know what you're talking about.
By the way, do you happen to know if any other Kimi ga Nozomu Eien sketches ever showed up?
no I've been seeing a poor art market recently even compared to a few years ago. it is a great anime but its somewhat vintage now so if there wasn't anything in the past perhaps in the near future? but again I really don't know what is this current market direction going. I see members here mentioning how not many things are showing up anymore, so if this continues, how would the hobby be in, say 5,6,7 years from now?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

what??! that sounds like an awesome sketch you're talking about :D would be nice to have something like that in my collection, but we're talking about many years ago I presume?
It was a very long time ago. It was before I saved auction pictures. I think it first appeared in 2004. It was up for awhile, but no one would bid on it. Later it came up again, but it only ended up going for 800 yen:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=11763&p=131135&hil ... ei#p131135

I still remember the quote from that scene - "I guess the world doesn't revolve around you after all". :evilblk

Truly an awesome sketch.
if so I don't know the title either but do know what you're talking about.
That sounds like the anime I was thinking of. I keep forgetting the name of it. It was like a bad game ending. A tragic ending.
no I've been seeing a poor art market recently even compared to a few years ago. it is a great anime but its somewhat vintage now so if there wasn't anything in the past perhaps in the near future? but again I really don't know what is this current market direction going. I see members here mentioning how not many things are showing up anymore, so if this continues, how would the hobby be in, say 5,6,7 years from now?
Well some artwork doesn't show up until years later - or rather it doesn't show up where you can SEE it until several years have passed. Sometimes I wonder how many show's artwork might have finally "shown up" during the last two years. Rubberslug doesn't have a good way to search so it's hard to check through that method. I was just curious.

I thought I read somewhere that in one of the endings of a OreImo game that:
Ayase actually stabs Kyousuke in the stomach. Lol I wonder if that's true or not. I haven't even watched much of the anime so I don't know if Ayase should be classified as being slightly yandere or yangire. ^_^;
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:but no one would bid on it. Later it came up again, but it only ended up going for 800 yen:

I still remember the quote from that scene - "I guess the world doesn't revolve around you after all". :evilblk

Truly an awesome sketch.
yeah guess that saids something about people who have such "refined" taste like, say...me :P so whos this Ziggystardust ID you've mentioned in the thread that won it?
It was like a bad game ending. A tragic ending.
I feel like I'm spamming my own thread now, but anyhow, there were a lot of adult anime I remember with "bad end" around early part to mid 2000s, less after that. those where good cuz they have twisted plot or plot twists to them. they were more novel like than trashy ones they have nowadays 80%+ of the time.

Well some artwork doesn't show up until years later - or rather it doesn't show up where you can SEE it until several years have passed. Sometimes I wonder how many show's artwork might have finally "shown up" during the last two years. Rubberslug doesn't have a good way to search so it's hard to check through that method. I was just curious.
Yeah, not that many, if any. I think Madoka Japan related people has some new stuff posted up on Yahoo Japan for the past year and I do recently see the occasional good classic series items being listed up, but, not that many things in between those and the more not worthy collecting stuff or those that's been relisted year after year. if its according to what you say though, I'd be looking forward to a few years from now :D but maybe a more likely scenario to me would be that 90% of them'll Never show up within my collecting career. Can you PM your gallery address again. that way I'd also let you know if I see something and think we might both have interest in.

I thought I read somewhere that in one of the endings of a OreImo game that:
Ayase actually stabs Kyousuke in the stomach. Lol I wonder if that's true or not. I haven't even watched much of the anime so I don't know if Ayase should be classified as being slightly yandere or yangire. ^_^;
I don't think the anime has any yandere ending to that degree, it'd be at least a little bit famous if it did. but that game ending would be kinda amusing to see lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

np
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

G'Day Dude!

I noticed that you snuck in some major additions to your on-line Gallery over the last week or two.

Totally jealous of the two new "Fate/Stay Night" layouts - especially this one of Rin:

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=371700

as that is an exact match for the Rilezu in my own gallery:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=341245

Any artworks acquired from the hugely talented UFOtable studio is cause for celebration; the "Coyote Ragtime" layouts are a nice addition, especially the two depicting March.
Glad to see you were also able to acquire more "Kannazuki" gengas, the new Chikane sets all look awesome and right at home among your collection (were these the sets from the infamous HUG****/SMJ 'incident'?). Out of all your new Chikane gengas, this one sticks out for me:

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=372183

Keep up the Good hunt UB-Lee.

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Thanks for your kind comments, Boss! I thought you might like that rin layout, and noticed the resemblance of it with the rilezu you have, but wasn't totally sure due to the background looking a bit different. Likely was modified during production. And I gotta agree, its rare to see UFOtable artwork in general, but once awhile I do see layout/rough sketches from random unexpected anime for auction...awhile back, I even saw some nice looking pan mizore layouts.

And its been a passion of mine to collect from kannazuki series. Some of those sketches were won during the 'hug" incident period, and I'm glad that's over and done with. Although I remember bidding against myself is not quite as challenging and time wasting as against another bidder at the time-_-"

Anyhow, I anticipate a much more eye worthy update coming from a fellow gallery nearby, perhaps sometime soon :D
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Congratulations on your new 'Silent Mobius' additions mate, I saw them pop-up early this morning.

They all look pretty spectacular, especially the "Yu Mo Gui Gwai" titled piece.
I am sorry dude, I do not believe the movies were ever officially released here in Australia (but could be entirely wrong!) so unable to help you in identifying the mysterious 2nd item........though she does look very androgynous.

Anymore additions to come, any more 'Kannazuki' items?

Hugely busy at the moment, but when I do manage to find some down-time I am slowly making my way through the "Garden of Sinners" movie series, along with trying to finally finish watching the 'Fate/Zero' series - yes, even after all of this time I have yet to properly finish watching one of my favorite anime series. So far, this is my fourth attempt at trying to watch the entire series from beginning to end - but halfway through, I found myself wanting to re-watch "Fate/Stay Night" again. The productions of UFOtable are certainly a cut above the majority of studios.
Speaking of which, I am looking forward to the new "Fate/Stay Night" series they are currently working upon, it is reported to be a completely 'original' route & bring some closure to 'Fate/Zero'.

theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Thanks James! always appreciated you looking through my gallery :) And saw some very fine updates from your gallery too, I especially like the Quon set and Yakumo wedding dress set this time, and I look forward to seeing more.
Quacker wrote:...though she does look very androgynous

Was hoping that its a chick, but then remembered in that anime, noticeably there were some gender benders like you mentioned, so I'm not keeping my hopes up lol
Quacker wrote: Anymore additions to come, any more 'Kannazuki' items?
I'm hoping there will be many more additions coming soon, will make a bigger update this week or next so I can take a well deserved hiatus afterwards.

Garden of Sinners was very enjoyable for me, I think there was a new movie/OVA for the title that was out in Japan some months ago? Looking forward of to seeing that one getting translated, and of course, the new F/SN anime as well. A friend of mine mentioned that he tried to pick it up recently due to the success that is F/Z, but dropped it on the first ep because it was uninteresting and a bit outdated graphic wise, maybe this would change his mind. Wonder if they would ever adapt F/A since its the sequel of F/SN and all.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: lee' gallery update

Gradually updated the gallery with some new items and added a few new sections over the past few weeks, feel free to take a look :)

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Another fantastic update UB Lee.

The F/SN layout of Shiro & Illya being a real standout for me.
Looking forward to the UFOTable re-imaging (re-boot?) of 'Fate/Stay Night' - the ending to 'Fate/Zero' paving the way for massive conclusion.

theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Thanks James! And like you, I'm eagerly anticipating the new F/SN. Would be even more awesome if they would make the sequel of it though, since I've always wanted to find out what super hyped figurine merchandise saber/alter is all about.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

G'day Dude, another End of Financial Year has wrapped-up & thankfully passed by for another 11/12months, while I was surfing da net in an attempt to de-stresserize the other day, I noticed you recently updated your online Gallery with some Awesome new pieces.

I really like the new Kikyo Cel in your 'Inuyasha' section:

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i ... mID=376583

A beautiful image that conveys a near spot-on representation of her character; intelligent yet sad & thoughtful.

Both the "Bigro" & "Wild 7" cels are also interesting in their own right, each utilizing different art styles.
Congratulations on the latest additions UB Lee, looking forward to the next set of updates.