Makoto Shinsengumi: Revamped RK Collection

Show off your stuff!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Makoto Shinsengumi: Revamped RK Collection

Post by kizu »

Well I've been updating and re-arranging my Rurouken Gallery some. I've unlocked all my scanned RK cels and re-arranged it by characters mostly going from Story Arcs. So I thought I'd let you guys know in case you would like to see my humble collection. I think less than a handful of RK cels is not scanned and a dozen or so fancels are not online. Otherwise everything is unlocked and I also updated some for those who likes something new and shiny. I did it mostly to de-stress. I finished physically organizing cels a week or so ago and now it was time for the online stuff.

Enjoy. :cheers
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Makoto Shinsengumi: Revamped RK Collection

Post by Gonzai »

Gah.... your Kenshin cels never cease to amaze me. Truly stunning!! @_@
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

It looks beautiful. Your collection keeps getting more and more amazing.
kizu

Post by kizu »

Thank you both. I'm glad for your kind words... It's nice to have supportive collectors out there. Seriously...

*sigh* Sadly today I received a demeaning message about a couple of my rk cels. I know my cels aren't the best out there but I do like them and I wouldn't buy them if I thought they were ugly. I don't just buy for aesthetics... I guess I buy for sentimental value as well maybe more. I don't know it's so disheartening but I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. :|

Seriously if you don't have anything nice to say... Keep it short at least.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

kizu wrote:Sadly today I received a demeaning message about a couple of my rk cels.
Sounds like someone is jealous and is trying to make themselves feel better by being rude about your collection. :?
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Agreed Rei!! Well said. Frankly, I would find it flattering if that happened to me.
Jealousy is such an ugly thing, but hey - if you got it - flaunt it!! **hugs Kizu**
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

I just dont get some people. :?
Kizu, you have the most wonderful RK collection around,
I find myself visiting quite often, sometimes for cross-reference but mostly just to enjoy
the scope of the collection as a whole.
Just keep doing what you're doin'!!
:cheers
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Pardonnez moi Francais (Pardon my French) - but "F*ck em". They seriously are not worth the effort of even thinking about :)

Anime Cels, much like all Artwork, is subjective & really up to the individual in what they like & do not like; you cannot force your opinions onto somebody else's way of thinking.

I concur with Rei-Jay & Gonzai in believing your numb-nut messenger was simply jealous of your collection and sending you a message was a way of venting that jealousy; so turn it around and take it as a compliment :)
For them to actually take the time out from their day, to think, write & send you something took them a lot more effort than for you to read & shrugg it off (like water off a Duck's back - pun intended).
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
kizu

Post by kizu »

Thanks all. Guess I was just taken aback by the entire thing. Didn't really think my cels were that offensive. But I've been stressed out so I guess it caught me off guard. Otherwise I'd be like Saitou and say something like "You can say that if it makes you feel better". Heh...

If jealousy was the issue, guess some people don't understand I've basically focused on this series for the past seven years now. There were things I wasn't able to buy, other cels/art that I didn't buy and trust me there were lots. And I always try to not blow the budget (did this only twice) - other collectors here probably know well that I haggle. I'm not ashamed to say I haggle because I'm trying to grow the collection properly and not go broke doing so. Thanks for the support now and especially patience of those who have dealt with me in the past. :handshake:
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

As others have said, don't let the turkeys get you down. I always seem to have problems with one group of people and I'm always at a loss as to how this nationality finds it acceptable to send such terse comments. I agree, if someone is willing to take time out of their day to send you hate mail, then they think you have a great collection and are envious that you own those cels and not them.

Know that you're not alone in this - I'm sure that many of us have received nastygrams about out collection at least once. And most of us just shrug it off as being part and parcel of the hobby.

But, I'm sorry you had to deal with something like this during a time that was already difficult for you and I hope something like this won't keep your spirits down for long.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

I really can't believe people bother to say rotten things about other people's collections. I actually had a well-known dealer (who is still in business, so I'll keep names out) tell me how my collection was complete crap and the dregs of what was available, etc. Honestly, I can say my response was to bust out laughing. If you (keeping this gender neutral) have to stoop to insulting my collection, you've just lost the argument, in my mind.

Art is completely subjective. I'm pretty sure you collect for a lot of the same reasons I do, kizu. The capturing of a scene that moved me is worth more than the "perfect frame of ___(insert character name here)___". And as far as what cels are "the best out there", I point back to the first thing I said in this paragraph: Art is completely subjective. For example, here's an overwhelming notion that the more super up-close things are, the better, but it's one to which I've never subscribed. I'm not big on the hair getting cut off at the top of the cel, for example, as happens almost all the time in the super-up close images. It might be better in some people's minds, but not mine.... and I'm fine for things to stay that way. ^_^