2013 OPEN HOUSE: Suggestions for Next Time?

Show off your stuff!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: 2013 OPEN HOUSE: Now in Progress!

Post by animeobsessed »

I would also appreciate if you could complete the Rubberslug rating at the bottom of the main page in addition to the comments given. Thanks.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

cutiebunny wrote:I figured that you would just give a general rating on what you liked about the gallery, what you thought could be improved, etc. I never got around to creating any questions and I know my layout could use improvement, so those are things I know that I should work on when I find some time after con season. Or if you have any ideas for improvements or things that you might like to see, those thoughts would be helpful too. I guess I'm just looking for any insight, good or bad.
Okay!! So then just general comments are okay? :D Cool! Thanks! :cheers
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:What shall we do with those who haven't posted questions yet?
I just use the standard "most liked," "least liked + suggestions for improvement," "general impression" approach. Or you could try the "something that surprised/intrigued/disturbed you" tack. (Yes, yes, these are Freshman Comp "Editing Day" questions, but they do work.) Mostly, I find, it's an interesting experience to compare one's own gallery approach to another curator's approach, and so if you do this thoroughly, your reaction will be interesting to read, whatever approach you use.

Any problems yet?
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

animeobsessed wrote:I would also appreciate if you could complete the Rubberslug rating at the bottom of the main page in addition to the comments given. Thanks.
I tried, but the link doesn't work. :( Does anyone else have the same problem?
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I just tried it on a gallery and it worked.
(")_(")domination.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Your link http://www.rubberslug.com/member/ratega ... s=obsessed redirects me to http://www.rubberslug.com/welcome/login ... 3Dobsessed which gives a blank page.

And yes, I'm already logged in.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I tried it and got this link

http://www.rubberslug.com/member/ratega ... s=obsessed which took me to the rating page. If you can't get it to work, don't worry about it. Thanks for trying.
(")_(")domination.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Yeah, sadly I get the same result as Yupa, both from the bottom of the gallery home page and from the link you put up in this thread. Also from my own gallery. Yes, I'm logged in, yes, I have Site Rating enabled in my Gallery Settings. I think this must be a relatively recent bug as I recently rated a new gallery. Sorry, animeobsessed.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Ok last review has been sent off.
If anyone does not recieve my open house feedback please let me know and I will be happy to resend it via email incase PM here does not go through.

This is my 1st time partisipating in an open house and it has been fun. I look forward to recieving my feedback.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I think I am done. I did have some trouble with accidentally pushing the preview button instead of the submit button on a few of the feedbacks but I think I caught all the ones I missed. If you have not heard from me let me know, and I will send you another one.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

I am almost finished as well. At this rate, I may wrap up by mid-week, Friday at the latest. I am experiencing some slow-to-load reaction time from RS in general. I am not sure if it's the site or the browser Google Chrome itself.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
sensei

Post by sensei »

I'm now past the half-way point and will go on at a rate of one a day until the weekend. Taking it slow, wandering through parts of galleries that I don't usually browse, and getting a general feeling for the gallery seems to be the best way for me. Then I can answer the questions (if any) fairly quickly. Let me know if there are any glitches.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I'm just about done. I've been really busy with spontaneous interviews here and there and that wearing me out, but I should be able to wrap things up soon. :D
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I've given feedback to seven galleries and received feedback from seven participants. I guess I will visit one each day too.
sensei

Post by sensei »

I too have seven done: JWR, cutiebunny, ReiTheJelly, Quacker, Rekka Alexiel, graymouser, and animeobsessed. I left feedback as Beta PM's so if any have miscarried, let me know and I can resend using an alternative means. Four to go: I'll continue my one-a-day habit and hope to finish Saturday, Sunday at latest.

NOT easy! But fun and very informative. I'm learning how people with large and distinguished collections develop ways of directing visitors to where the good stuff is.