2014 update - HELLSING WOLF'S RAIN & FMA - RePete's Gallery

Show off your stuff!
RePete
Anime Geek

Re: RePete's Legendary Gallery - UPDATES - Hellsing & FMA

Post by RePete »

Thanks ^_^ There may be some animated gif's coming in the future when I get the time.

In the meantime, some more Ouran sketches uploaded:
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... esID=46847
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Nice update with the ouran sketches! I haven't actually watched the series, but that Takashi Morinozuka guy looks really nice in that sketch! I really like the style of artwork! ^^ Haruhi has some very pretty eyes too <3

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Loving the Rip Van Winkle douga! :wink: I don't think she has a bad looking sketch or frame in any of her scenes, always seems to have a memorable expression.
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

GoalieZero wrote:Loving the Rip Van Winkle douga! :wink: I don't think she has a bad looking sketch or frame in any of her scenes, always seems to have a memorable expression.
I know right, thats why I HAD to have it. That look of pure terror striking her deep down inside is just incredibly well done. So much so that in her death scene I could feel her pain and terror, then as the gun barrel pierced her heart it felt like it was piercing mine. Damn I loved that episode :)
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Also UPDATE!!! A very special set came in today.

It's from Seiken Densetsu 3, aka The Secret if Mana 2. Was a almost dream find (but relatively expensive). That doesn't matter though, because I got this for more sentimental reasons. Back in the 90s in the days of the SNES my brother and I would play The Secret of Mana heaps. When I look back on those times I see it as the golden days of my childhood and was some of the best times I had with my brother. My brother is now deceased. Prior to going into hospital he mentioned this game was getting an English patch (was never officially released in english), so we surely would have played it together. Think I will be framing a piece or two of this set.

You can view them here:
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... 002&Page=1

I will be uploading the rest of the set when rubberslug stops giving me errors.
RePete
Anime Geek

Re: RePete's Legendary Gallery - UPDATES - The Secret of Man

Post by RePete »

OMERGERD WOLF'S RAIN! Managed to get my hands on some beautiful piece's. Check them out in my gallery. In the coming weeks there will be bucket loads of pieces added. I really have spent to much but am getting to a point where I am very happy with my collection and have managed to get a few pieces on my wishlist. Also checkout a few FMA pieces added.

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... 107&Page=1

btw does anyone know the name of this wolf? Haven't watched it in a few years so hard to differentiate.
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

RePete wrote:Also UPDATE!!! A very special set came in today.
It's from Seiken Densetsu 3, aka The Secret if Mana 2. Was a almost dream find (but relatively expensive). That doesn't matter though, because I got this for more sentimental reasons. Back in the 90s in the days of the SNES my brother and I would play The Secret of Mana heaps. When I look back on those times I see it as the golden days of my childhood and was some of the best times I had with my brother. My brother is now deceased. Prior to going into hospital he mentioned this game was getting an English patch (was never officially released in english), so we surely would have played it together. Think I will be framing a piece or two of this set.
How did I miss this!!!! Simply amazing find. Beautiful and rare. I too have very fond memories of Mana on the snes and it's still my favourite game today. Glad you were able to add this piece to your collection as it obviously means a great deal to you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the brother.
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: WOLF'S RAIN & FMA - RePete's Gallery

Post by teggacat »

nice Wolf's Rain, maybe Toboe? havent watched in awhile either and its kind of hard to tell with
the wolves......BTW- did you get in on any of the YJ FMA auction action this morning? Some really
great pieces......
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

teggacat wrote:nice Wolf's Rain, maybe Toboe? havent watched in awhile either and its kind of hard to tell with
the wolves......BTW- did you get in on any of the YJ FMA auction action this morning? Some really
great pieces......
Hehe yes I did :) Unfortunately missed out on a few pieces I wanted though because SMJ glitched. Got this beauty:

and

ImageImageImage

as well as http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f127181570

Quite happy in the end but really wanted the Hawkeye piece. You bid on anything? :p
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

yeah I bid on two of them, got one [tv series final episode] but got outbid on the three piece
video game pan set of Edward, looks like it was the sister [or brother? :P ] set to the one you won,
my Rinkya link was all glitchy too so it was really hard/nearly impossible to watch them and up bids,
I'm glad I got the one auction, and congrats on your wins!
:cheers
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: RePete's Legendary Gallery - UPDATES - The Secret of Man

Post by Kasi »

RePete wrote:OMERGERD WOLF'S RAIN! Managed to get my hands on some beautiful piece's. Check them out in my gallery. In the coming weeks there will be bucket loads of pieces added. I really have spent to much but am getting to a point where I am very happy with my collection and have managed to get a few pieces on my wishlist. Also checkout a few FMA pieces added.

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... 107&Page=1

btw does anyone know the name of this wolf? Haven't watched it in a few years so hard to differentiate.
That wolf is Toboe. And congratulations! I rarely see genga of the wolves, it's beautiful :)
Did you get it on YJA?
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Thank-you for sharing Pete, those are some truly fantastic 'Wolf's Rain' Gengas. As Kasi my fellow Aussie Betarian has already remarked, any artwork depicting the characters in their wolf forms is particularly rare and snapped-up straight away if any do appear, so Congratulations!!

Congratulations on your 'Full Metal Alchemist' acquisitions too, these are truly some nice, iconic pieces especially the one depicting Edward & Alphonse together as to me, that was the main theme running through the show - the bond shared between the two Brothers.

I was also closely watching some of those FMA auctions last night and oh so tempted in placing a bid or two myself - like only one button or one mouse-click away - especially on that Winry OP Genga set that closed @ JPY40k, but thankfully held myself as I have a few large acquisitions coming up over the next couple of weeks.
(Congrats Teggacat on your FMA pick-ups as well, if I am thinking of the correct item you won, it would look right at home in among your lovely on-line Gallery + I been really enjoying your latest series' of updates too).

Looking forward to seeing this "Bucket load of pieces" being added to your Gallery over the next few weeks.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations, RePete! Too many cel-based art collectors like to sigh and think "all the good times are past and gone," but with really strong sketch art like this coming onto the market, I think the adaptable ones will experience memorable times on YHJ for some years to come.
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Hey guys thanks for your kind words :)

I have updated my gallery. There are several new FMA pieces, including new OP pieces, some Golden Boy cels and FINALLY a pokemon cel.

Suss them out in my gallery ;)
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

There will be MANY new pieces added in the coming days. Finally finished exams so will finally get a chance to scan/upload pieces I've had for ages and organise my collection / gallery. Expect me to be more active around here.

Quacker wrote:Thank-you for sharing Pete, those are some truly fantastic 'Wolf's Rain' Gengas. As Kasi my fellow Aussie Betarian has already remarked, any artwork depicting the characters in their wolf forms is particularly rare and snapped-up straight away if any do appear, so Congratulations!!

Congratulations on your 'Full Metal Alchemist' acquisitions too, these are truly some nice, iconic pieces especially the one depicting Edward & Alphonse together as to me, that was the main theme running through the show - the bond shared between the two Brothers.

I was also closely watching some of those FMA auctions last night and oh so tempted in placing a bid or two myself - like only one button or one mouse-click away - especially on that Winry OP Genga set that closed @ JPY40k, but thankfully held myself as I have a few large acquisitions coming up over the next couple of weeks.
(Congrats Teggacat on your FMA pick-ups as well, if I am thinking of the correct item you won, it would look right at home in among your lovely on-line Gallery + I been really enjoying your latest series' of updates too).

Looking forward to seeing this "Bucket load of pieces" being added to your Gallery over the next few weeks.
Highlighted - yeah I HAD to have it when I saw it. I don't think I quite realized how big this piece would be though. It is HUGE. Well biggest piece in my collection anyway :wink:
RePete
Anime Geek

Re: 2014 update - HELLSING WOLF'S RAIN & FMA - RePete's Gall

Post by RePete »

Added a couple more pieces to my gallery. Starting to get the Wolf's Rain gang together. Added a few nice FMA pieces and even tried making a little animated gif with photoshop, check it out:
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=371997

Got loads of stuff I haven't scanned/uploaded yet. Might buy a new [better/larger] scanner and upload the rest in a week or two.