2014 update - HELLSING WOLF'S RAIN & FMA - RePete's Gallery

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: 2014 update - HELLSING WOLF'S RAIN & FMA - RePete's Gall

Post by sensei »

I looked at your animation, and I appreciate the effort to work with dougas like these, as they are "moving pictures" (a literal translation of "douga") and not just still images. However, I think the motion would be more natural if you started by pausing the first douga, then ran the others at the standard 1/8 sec. (12/100 is close enough), and paused the last one for a second before looping. Otherwise, it looks stuttery. Here's a very rough rework at this speed:

Also, if you put a sheet of white paper under the douga, you'll eliminate that shadow behind Edward's head. (I have some from Sasami that I did on an office scanner that had this same slot or whatever on the bottom of the lid, and I need to rescan all of these too...)

Thanks for your efforts to present your possessions in the best possible way, even if it means a lot of work and careful scanning plus image "stretching."
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Great new updates.
I really like this piece in particular: http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=371998
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

sensei wrote:I looked at your animation, and I appreciate the effort to work with dougas like these, as they are "moving pictures" (a literal translation of "douga") and not just still images. However, I think the motion would be more natural if you started by pausing the first douga, then ran the others at the standard 1/8 sec. (12/100 is close enough), and paused the last one for a second before looping. Otherwise, it looks stuttery. Here's a very rough rework at this speed:

Also, if you put a sheet of white paper under the douga, you'll eliminate that shadow behind Edward's head. (I have some from Sasami that I did on an office scanner that had this same slot or whatever on the bottom of the lid, and I need to rescan all of these too...)

Thanks for your efforts to present your possessions in the best possible way, even if it means a lot of work and careful scanning plus image "stretching."
The bolded bit. THANKYOU! IT WORKS! By putting the white sheet underneath recent scans it seems to have eliminated the shadow effect most of the time. Thanks for that, I couldn't previously find a solution on google prior :P

I will be going back and doing a lot of animated gif's in the coming months so the advice is very much appreciated.
sensei

Post by sensei »

You're welcome! (And one more thanks to my friend Vampyreshoujo who got me started on this reanimation trick in the first place!) Good luck on the scanning/reanimating, and don't be afraid to experiment. The 8/second rate is normal, but a lot of cuts include a couple of 12/sec. frames to emphasize key moments. And a few cuts were actually animated 24/second, which is an extravagance as it means twice or three times the normal number of dougas (and, in olden times, cels) had to be created.
jmannpv
Anime Geek

Post by jmannpv »

Hi Peter I love your collection especially FMA collection ..
I am keen to collect some sketches .,..I am also from Australia and have been collecting since 1998. Happy collecting Jennifer from crimson chaos
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Oh Wow, an 'Aussie Trifecta' (Jenn, Kasi & the Duck)!!

I noticed your latest round of updates last week, but was travelling and unable to respond until now.
Your FMA gallery is certainly burgeoning both in quantity & more importantly quality. I especially like these latest two:

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=372717
and
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=372684

Have soft spots for both Alphonse & Winry.

And Jenn, I have enjoyed your "Crimson Chaos" gallery since first being opened back in mid-2009. You have some truly epic FY, Inuyasha and Escaflowne cels. Always nice to know & see another Aussie cel-collector.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Wow good so see some more Australian members out there :D

Any Adelaide members out there ;)
jmannpv wrote:Hi Peter I love your collection especially FMA collection ..
I am keen to collect some sketches .,..I am also from Australia and have been collecting since 1998. Happy collecting Jennifer from crimson chaos
Thanks! I really like some of your pieces to, especially your Inuyasha pans :P

Quacker wrote:Oh Wow, an 'Aussie Trifecta' (Jenn, Kasi & the Duck)!!

I noticed your latest round of updates last week, but was travelling and unable to respond until now.
Your FMA gallery is certainly burgeoning both in quantity & more importantly quality. I especially like these latest two:

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=372717
and
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=372684

Have soft spots for both Alphonse & Winry.

And Jenn, I have enjoyed your "Crimson Chaos" gallery since first being opened back in mid-2009. You have some truly epic FY, Inuyasha and Escaflowne cels. Always nice to know & see another Aussie cel-collector.
Thanks :D I have a heap more FMA pieces coming (and some to be scanned), pretty much all of which are genga :P I have kind of gone a bit overboard in the last couple of months hehe

btw I remember seeing your gallery awhile back and am SUPER jealous of some of the pieces you have. Particularly some of your FMP pieces. Also it is very impressive that you own most of the Fate Zero ending genga.
jmannpv
Anime Geek

Post by jmannpv »

Well I must say that both your collections are wonderful...and I love phoenix cel gallery's collection of escaflowne and nauscia cels definitely no cheap cels there....I will be having another small update in the next few weeks...happy collecting guys..crimson chaos
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Welcome

Have seen several sets of sketches for One Piece on Mandarake....
Just FYI.......don't collect it myself
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

G'Day mate,

Passing on a 'Congratulations' for your latest update which I have just scoped out.

Those are some Awesome 'Unlimited Bladeworks' pieces, which not only shows how overall gorgeous the movie was but also how painstakingly detailed the studio made each character.

Looking forward to your next set updates.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Hey guys! Made a heap of new additions lately to my gallery. Some new really nice pieces from FMA, Eureka Seven, Fate/stay night. Also reorganising my gallery a bit. Split my FMA pieces up into Douga and Genga subcatogories. Added banners.

Still have a few pieces that I haven't scanned/photographed yet that will be uploaded sometime soon. Included in this are some nice oversized (massive) FMA genga's, some Tenchi Muyo Hankens and some incredibly high quality Evangelion Fancels (as well as some other stuff).

Check out my gallery below:
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... esID=47563

I command you to!

Quacker wrote:G'Day mate,

Passing on a 'Congratulations' for your latest update which I have just scoped out.

Those are some Awesome 'Unlimited Bladeworks' pieces, which not only shows how overall gorgeous the movie was but also how painstakingly detailed the studio made each character.

Looking forward to your next set updates.
Thanks! When I saw these unlimited blade works pieces come up I couldn't resist buying them.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Nice FMA sketches. My granddaughters are watching FMA right now.
Is FMA artwork still hard to find?
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Gonzai wrote:Nice FMA sketches. My granddaughters are watching FMA right now.
A few sellers were selling them awhile back there seems to really only be one seller left now. In saying that he has been selling pieces for a fare while now and I am pretty sure he is running low on FMA pieces to sell.

FMA: Brotherhood I am yet to see sold much at all outside of Mandarake
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Gonzai wrote:Nice FMA sketches. My granddaughters are watching FMA right now.
there's usually pretty much FMA art floating around ebay, both brotherhood and original and the movie too
RePete
Anime Geek

Post by RePete »

Hey guys! Added a heap of new pieces since last update. Got some really nice FMA genga sets so check them out! Also a heap of hellsing stuff.

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... esID=47563
http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/ma ... esID=46976

Two of my prize recent gets:
ImageImage

Kinda lucky I was able to get these. Saw them pop up a few months back on YJ along with a few other really nice pieces (some that I will be uploading in the coming days). Started bidding on them and the price kept going up. 1000...4000...7000...11000....14500...I give up. Really wanted these two but this one guy I was bidding against kept just bidding higher every time I would make a bid, and I was serious. Anyway so eventually I caved in and he won probably about 6 or 7 auctions at very high prices. Anyway then so two weeks later they pop up again on YJ. The winning bidder must not have paid for any of the items he won. So I managed to win most the pieces I wanted at a much more market-accurate price. Was so damn happy to see these items relisted and then win them, you get lucky sometimes ;) Don't know what the deal was with the non-payer though. The auctions went for hours so why sit there and waste your time if you don't have the money to pay?