Rubberslug Gallery Tips - Techniques - Advice

Show off your stuff!
benten
Kamisama - God

Rubberslug Gallery Tips - Techniques - Advice

Post by benten »

Because most members of this forum use Rubberslug to maintain a cel gallery and this forum offers better search capability than the forum on Rubberslug itself, I thought it would be good to have a topic devoted to advice associated with use of Rubberslug. I will start with some brief notes.

If one posts on the Rubberslug forum, the post title should not contain any punctuation or symbols. Otherwise, the post will redirect to the main page and the post will not be readable.

When uploading cel images, use only letters and numbers in the file name. Certain symbols in the file name will cause the file not to upload and/or hang the upload process.

Animated .gif files can be uploaded by changing the .gif file extension to .jpg. The file will then upload and will function as an animated gif once uploaded.

File names of cel images to be uploaded should be kept short. If a file name is too long, the file will not upload. This limit is likely being caused by a server pathname limit, which means that the limit could change due to a variety of circumstances. The last time I tested the name limits I found that the image file name had to be 46 characters or less and had to be 37 characters or less if one wants a thumbnail to be generated automatically.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Rubberslug Gallery Tips - Techniques - Advice

Post by Kasi »

This is really helpful and I've always been baffled why I get redirected with some rubberslug forum posts. Anyway to get around it?