Anniversary and I wish...

Show off your stuff!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Anniversary and I wish...

Post by kizu »

I've been a user of RS for a long time now almost 7 years. I know it's a free service and it won't be as perfect. I think I'm rather reasonable in my expectations (I don't mind sorting is harder or I can't use more pictures or some RS forum post disappears) but I guess I just didn't expect my fears back when RS was upgraded to nag me this much. My fears back in the day was the user of tags for series name. I felt like since it was a manual process then both OLD and NEW shows not under the radar during the gallery tag creation would be by-passed. Back then if I remember right, the idea was for RS to promote more popular art and american art (not just anime) - this is all fine with me... Actually I take that back, to me art is subjective and something popular might not be my cup of tea or it might be... Yes it's impossible to list all of the anime series out there but there should've been a way to generate this that was a bit more transparent or easier. I know at least I've posted on the RS forum a couple of times asking for how to update series or search or -something- but I don't really get answers. My concern is two fold, I'd never find the obscure series I'm interested in and I'll have a hard time finding artwork from new series knowing full well that the Series Function was no longer working. How will I discover new things if I'm forced to just search for what I know and hope that the image function pulls it up?

I know some people will probably say, I don't have to use the service but I would like to. Let's be honest it's the best place to show my pieces and enjoy others... I don't think myself entitled to these things but I find myself sad on my gallery anniversary and don't know with how to proceed. I was thinking of updating today since I recently got some nicer pieces from unlisted RS tag series, but I was like "oh they'll get lost" and instead started a depressing post on AB instead. :O

*sigh* I would even love a third party website that just list the cel gallery RS link based on series. Yeah it's probably a monumental task and the links in time has the potential to get broken due to name changes, but how I wish there was something available out there.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Anniversary and I wish...

Post by klet »

I've heard people suggest doing an advanced search on google (limiting it to www.rubberslug.com). I've personally never done it, but you can try. I don't think it would solve the problem of discovering new series, though. How do you know what to search for if you don't know what it's called? In that case, the whole "tag" idea is really neat, but it would also be nice if people were able to create new tags. Not necessarily with pictures or anything, Maybe there could be a picture tag listing for the popular series, and a text one for all of those, plus any users come up with? It might need to be moderated, though . . .

Meh, anyway, yeah, you can try the google thing. You really shouldn't have to resort to google, though. :hurt: