noildoof's (aka Migrator's) Cels

Show off your stuff!
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

noildoof's (aka Migrator's) Cels

Post by noildoof »

My Rubberslug gallery: http://migrator.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Most of my stuff is comprised of anime cels, though I do have some from Cool World and All Dogs go to Heaven, plus some from the infamous "Saban" Sailor Moon pilot meant for US audiences. My favorite titles to collect anime cels from are Angel's Egg (aka Tenshi no Tamago) and The Humanoid.

I have obscure tastes, so unfortunately a lot of my cels are "orphans" without any other cels from the same title. Some cels I have are the only ones I've ever seen from their particular titles - Like California Crisis, Alien from the Darkness, and EYES of Mars (aka Mother: Saigo no Shoujo Eve). The last one I would have expected to see more art of, since it was a feature film and had a small fan following in the US, and even aired on the SciFi channel in the 90s.
Last edited by noildoof on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Fokkusu's (aka Migrator's) Cels

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Beta! And thanks for sharing some unusual finds. OVAs from this period may not have had cels preserved as widely as TV series, particularly Toei (who sold a lot of cels in the gift shop at the end of the studio tour). I'd love to see more art from Yōsei-ō (The Faerie King), a 1988 Madhouse single-episode OVA based loosely on Irish folklore [with a wormhole that goes direct from Hokkaido to the magical realm of Cúchulainn]. But despite a lot of looking since I found a single cel on Mandarake, I've not seen a snitch of art. So what you have in some cases may be what there is, except maybe for souvenirs kept by the animators.

Anyhow, it makes for an intriguing tour of unseen anime. I like this image of Antoinette from The Humanoid, and your California World cel of Marsha also has a lot of attitude. And I have a thing about sexy babes with lethal weapons ("Bad Girl" aka "Raisa/Liza" in the 1989 OVA Condition Green is my fantasy dominatrix), so I'm in love with your Dimida La Midin cel.

Feel free to ask questions; just don't expect us to have all the answers. :shrug Lots of us are here to learn something new, and sometimes you get lucky with someone who has a missing piece of a mental puzzle. Mainly, have a good time! (And you're welcome to vote in the 2013 Sketch Contest, now underway, even if you don't have a dog in the running. That too is mostly to share eyeworthy images and waste time in a delectable way.)
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Thank you for the warm welcome! ^_^

Wow, I knew Disneyland used to sell animation cels dirt cheap at souvenir shops; didn't know Japanese studios did it too.

I do have a couple of questions I've posted elsewhere here, so I hope someone is able to answer them.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

I finally have one of my wishlist cels! =D It's Flair Mytomeyer seducing a woman in my Alien from the Darkness section.

Please be aware that this is a yuri hentai cel before clicking on the "18+ Only" warning thumbnail. It is NSFW. I will not link directly to that cel's page, but here's a link to the section it's in: http://migrator.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=46770
Nehelenia
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Nehelenia »

Fokkusu wrote:I finally have one of my wishlist cels! =D It's Flair Mytomeyer seducing a woman in my Alien from the Darkness section.

Please be aware that this is a yuri hentai cel before clicking on the "18+ Only" warning thumbnail. It is NSFW. I will not link directly to that cel's page, but here's a link to the section it's in: http://migrator.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=46770
Mmm... thats a nice cel. Congratz :D
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

It's been a looong time since I've been here. For a while I sort of fell out of collecting and only recently started getting back into it, but here are some of my favorite items since I've last been here.

Really beautiful pan cel of Rachel from Love Doll. I just can't get over how gorgeous her eyes are.
ghubstkzar_o.jpg
ghubstkzar_o.jpg (289.29 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Nice multi-layer close-up of Leimia from the first Dream Dimension Hunter Fandora OVA.
fvz32swc3p_o.jpg
fvz32swc3p_o.jpg (231.24 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Cute, whimsical shot from Cream Lemon: Impressions of Europe. Censored because of see-through clothing.
l14upxurkp_o.jpg
l14upxurkp_o.jpg (316.38 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: noildoof's (aka Migrator's) Cels

Post by cutiebunny »

These are really nice. The first cell's eyes are really detailed.

I especially loved The Simpsons meme addition to the cel. I say we make this a standard feature for all naughty bits :P
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Thanks! Yeah, the art style for the first Love Doll OVA is drop-dead gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen anything else quite like it - it almost seems like they were going for a manga-esque look.

Haha, yeah, I used to do that waaay back when I had a livejournal account and needed to censor screenshots for anime reviews.
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

Love your love doll collection. They are realy beautiful. I keep an eye on this series as well but never won any yet :l
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Thank you! It's a beautiful OVA to collect from, but unfortunately cels seem to be pretty scarce.

There's a sketch on Yahoo Auctions right now: https://zenmarket.jp/en/auction.aspx?it ... s814352110

I got the matching cel recently from the same seller (surprisingly I was the only bidder).
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Recent haul! I got the first three from Yann of Animanga, great guy to do business with.
lemonangel.png
lemonangel.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 3888 times
Tomo from Lemon Angel in a scifi-fantasy warrior getup. Lemon Angel is kinda odd, each episode is only 3-4 minutes long and there's no real plot. Some episodes are romance/drama, some are scifi or fantasy snippets, and some are basically music videos. The only thing tying the series together are the 3 main characters, at least one of which appears in each episode.

This is a pan cel with the matching original background.
creamlemon1.png
creamlemon1.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 3888 times
The two protagonists of Cream Lemon: Impressions of Europe. This is a key cel setup, with an original background from the same anime (but not the same scene).
creamlemon2.png
creamlemon2.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 3888 times
The warrior-girl protagonist from Cream Lemon: Impressions of Europe. Another key cel setup, this time the background is original matching.

And finally, Caron (I refuse to spell it as "Karen") from Cream Lemon: SF Superdimensional Legend Rall.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Okay, I've gotten tons of new stuff since April - It's been a really good year for cel collecting for me, I've found a ton of stuff on my wishlist and even a few cels from shows I thought I'd never ever see cels from. There's way too much for one post, so I'm only putting some of my most prized additions here. You can see everything I have in my Rubberslug gallery, link is in my signature.

This is my "holy grail cel." It's Miki from Lemon Angel (episode 3, "City Angel"). It's a huge pan cel with 2 layers, hand-inked white lines, and airbrushing. I waited months for this to be relisted on Yahoo Auctions. @_@

Klee from Cool Cool Bye. She has an interesting design, none of the other characters in the anime look like this.

Lar Lipp from Greed.

Fandora from the second Dream Dimension Hunter Fandora OVA.

Tsiki from Hell Target - this is something I never thought I'd see cels from.

More cels of Rachel from Love Doll! I can never get enough of the beautiful eyes in this anime.

And lastly, 2 really nice close-up shots from Cream Lemon: SF Superdimensional Legend Rall II. I just won these so I don't have them in-hand yet, but here are the seller photos.

noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

I recently got an absolutely massive haul (40 cels and 4 standalone sketches!) from the unprocessed inventory of a cel dealer. Here's some of the best stuff I got.

Beth from Love Doll

Rachel from Love Doll

Yuria/Julia from Superdimension SF Legend Rall

Kogane from Ranma 1/2

Reimu and Tomomori from Dream Hunter Rem

Ami from Ami From Then On IV

Arisa from Escalation III

Tomo from Lemon Angel

Ines from Bounty Dog

Mina from Naoko no Tropic Angel

Mai from Aoi Taiken II

I thought this was from Cream Lemon when I got it, turns out it's from the uncensored version of Dream Hunter Rem.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Just got this beautiful hanken cel of Jewel from GunBlaze!