Lagrange Point 0 - GoalieZero's Gallery - Back From The Dead!

Show off your stuff!
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Lagrange Point 0 - GoalieZero's Gallery - Back From The Dead!

Post by GoalieZero »

I guess it's about time I finally started a gallery thread for myself, so here goes nothing!

Here's a quick link to the ole RS gallery: http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Obviously I'm a huge Gundam Wing nut and collector, so here's a few of my newest cels!

Heero Yuy - Operation Meteor II: Odd Numbers OVA - A1 (Personal Favorite :D)
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=369912
Heero Yuy - Episode 33 "The Lonely Battlefield" - B2
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=369875
Deathscythe Hell - OPENING 2 "Rhythm Emotion" Episodes 41-49 - C5
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=368406

Earlier this year, I wanted to add a little variety to my collection, so I picked up a few cels from other series I enjoyed, such as DBZ, Spawn, Big O, and Hajime No Ippo.
This Spawn cel in particular is one of my favorite non-Wing cels.

Black Knight Hellspawn - Todd McFarlane's Spawn: Season 3, Episode 2 - A6, B6, C6, D6
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=365037

It's been just over a year since I started seriously collecting cels and I'm pretty happy with where my collection is now! :)
I'm always open to listen to offers, but some of those Wing cels you might need a gundanium crowbar to pry from me! :D
Thanks to all of you in the cel community, especially the few of you here that I've have interacted with for being really helpful.
You've all been awesome! I hope you enjoy my gallery!

I'll be posting new cels and updates here as they come along, so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by! - Carl "GoalieZero" :P
Last edited by GoalieZero on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Lagrange Point 0 - GoalieZero's Gallery

Post by sensei »

Congrats, GZ, on your new additions. The Heero from the OVA is especially nice. I enjoy stopping by your gallery, as it makes me flash back to when my daughter was all in a flutter over Heero and Quatre (we still have a crayon drawing she made of the latter on our refrigerator), and then about Roger in The Big O. It was interesting to learn that this series did not make much of an impression when it was released in Japan, but was a surprisingly big hit on Nick at Night. Glad the hobby is being good to you and looking forward to your next finds.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Someone pointed out your update to me yesterday, otherwise I might have missed it! Who's Odds/Evens Heero did you manage to snag? It looks familiar.... those other Heeros, I recognize ;).

Congrats on a great update! (And probably a half-empty bank account as a result :hurt: X| )
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

sensei wrote:Congrats, GZ, on your new additions. The Heero from the OVA is especially nice. I enjoy stopping by your gallery, as it makes me flash back to when my daughter was all in a flutter over Heero and Quatre (we still have a crayon drawing she made of the latter on our refrigerator), and then about Roger in The Big O. It was interesting to learn that this series did not make much of an impression when it was released in Japan, but was a surprisingly big hit on Nick at Night. Glad the hobby is being good to you and looking forward to your next finds.
Thanks sensei! I've been trying to bag a quality Quatre cel for awhile now, just keep getting sidetracked by all these other awesome cels. By the way, loved your CCS Quirky Tour gallery, those cels are phenomenal! :bow
zerospace wrote:Someone pointed out your update to me yesterday, otherwise I might have missed it! Who's Odds/Evens Heero did you manage to snag? It looks familiar.... those other Heeros, I recognize ;).

Congrats on a great update! (And probably a half-empty bank account as a result :hurt: X| )
The OVA Heero I got on eBay from Ed Ju's -gundam- store. Normally his cels are a bit steep price wise for me, but this one was listed with a very reasonable BIN price (less than I've paid for other Heero's) so I pounced on it instead of getting in a bid war. I recognized it right away, ironically, because I saw your 3 awesome OVA Heero's in your gallery, zero! I was only planning on receiving the Episode 33 Heero, which is from one of my favorite scenes, but that one popped up and low and behold, two Heero's!

Yea my cel budget is a bit low now til December-ish, but have to say it was worth it! :D

Oh and I almost forgot! Last but not least, I was also able to pick up a nice end cel Trowa too in the last update. Kind of got overshadowed, but still a great cel!

Trowa Barton - Episode 19 "Attack on Barge" - B5 END / C9 END
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=369873
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Hi GoalieZero thanks for posting up the link to your new online gallery.

For being a 'new' gallery, you have already amassed quite a nice collection of Cels & Gengas along with a decent selection of anime series' to explore through.
Your "Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Mobile Suits" would be my favourite Cel section at present, closely followed by the "Darker than Black" section.

Have you played any of the "Dynasty Warrior: Gundam Musou" Video games on Playstation or xBox?
GoalieZero wrote:I'll be posting new cels and updates here as they come along, so stay tuned!
Shall look forward to your upcoming updates.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Quacker wrote:Hi GoalieZero thanks for posting up the link to your new online gallery.

For being a 'new' gallery, you have already amassed quite a nice collection of Cels & Gengas along with a decent selection of anime series' to explore through.
Your "Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Mobile Suits" would be my favourite Cel section at present, closely followed by the "Darker than Black" section.

Have you played any of the "Dynasty Warrior: Gundam Musou" Video games on Playstation or xBox?

Shall look forward to your upcoming updates.
Thanks alot, Q! It's amazing how fast the collection has grown, but that's mostly due to connecting with all the different awesome collectors gradually over this past year.
I used to play all the DWG games religiously 1,2, & 3 on the Xbox, but recently I've moved over to the SD Gundam Capsule Fighter game on the PC.
The insane number of suits, customization, and PVP Combat really keep it interesting.

By the way, your Escaflowne cels are KILLER! :bounce Love the Esca OP and Scheherazade close-up especially!
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Halloween update!

After the last few month's hauls, I had a nice fat little eBay Bucks coupon set to expire so I got these two Wing cels and matching dougas relatively cheap. Not too shabby!

ImageImage
Relena Darlian - OVA "Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz" - B16
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=370392

ImageImage
Wufei Chang - Episode 8 "The Treize Assassination" - B16
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=370390

The Relena cel is now my 3rd Endless Waltz cel, which makes me a happy panda! It's also probably the cleanest cel I've ever received, looks almost brand new. Super shiny!
I also was looking for a close-up Wufei shot to go along with the fight sequence cel I already had where Wufei was in the background, so this new one fits nicely. : )

Oddly enough, both cels were "B16" sequence frame. Guess I know what one of my next lotto numbers are :D

Anywho, Happy Halloween everybody! And by that I mean Happy Early Christmas-cel Hunting! - GZ :bounce
Last edited by GoalieZero on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Small, but awesome update from the past month!

I had to sell 8 cels from my collection, including 6 Wing cels this holiday season, which made me sad to see a few of those go, but in return I was able to get a wishlist cel that I've been wanting for awhile and trade for it's matching sketch! :bounce

ImageImage
Wing Gundam - Episode 6 "Party Night"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=371781

Ever since seeing a sequence mate of this cel in Blackmegabyte's Black Flame gallery on Rubberslug, I've wanted a similar shot to it.
It's from my favorite episode of Gundam Wing and cels of the Wing Gundam itself are getting pretty scarce.
Then this beauty popped on eBay last month from a seller in England and I scooped it up quickly. (probably overpaid a bit for it since it was in Euros and the conversion rate was brutal, but still worth it :D)

Shortly thereafter, I was skimming some random Wing galleries, and I found that Shemp had the exact matching A6 sketch in her Black Mirror gallery! She was kind enough to allow me to trade for it for two Wing sketches I had, one that was a matching sequence mate to her very lovely Sandrock dougas. Can't thank Shemp enough for letting me match the cel and sketch together again! Absolutely love this cel & sketch!

Hope Xmas was good to all of you! Happy Hunting - G0
Last edited by GoalieZero on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Congrats GZ on the cel!

It is quite lovely! And to reunite the cel with the sketch is super awesome! Although I have noticed lately that a lot of Japanese sellers have been separating the sketches from the original cel which just seems crazy to me!

Anywho I would agree GW has been significantly quieter in the finding new art. I have not added a piece myself to that wing of my collection since 2005 although I have a Heero sketch that I picked up at Otakon this year that I still have not yet scanned :( Let's hope for some new artwork on the market in 2014!

I do enjoy your gallery quite a lot it makes me miss GW qute a lot and reminds me I haven't watched it again in quite a while! Thanks for the lovely update!

Also PS! This one is my fave!

http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=368406 I'm a little bit biased though ^_~ Quite lovely!

Jadeduo
:jump
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Congrats GZ on the cel!

It is quite lovely! And to reunite the cel with the sketch is super awesome! Although I have noticed lately that a lot of Japanese sellers have been separating the sketches from the original cel which just seems crazy to me!

Anywho I would agree GW has been significantly quieter in the finding new art. I have not added a piece myself to that wing of my collection since 2005 although I have a Heero sketch that I picked up at Otakon this year that I still have not yet scanned :( Let's hope for some new artwork on the market in 2014!

I do enjoy your gallery quite a lot it makes me miss GW qute a lot and reminds me I haven't watched it again in quite a while! Thanks for the lovely update!

Also PS! This one is my fave!

http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=368406 I'm a little bit biased though ^_~ Quite lovely!

Jadeduo
Awww, thankies Jade! Yea, I can't pass up a good Deathscythe cel and an opening cel to boot! I love your Deathscythe bank cel and your Duo OP cel is amazing!
The one thing I'm really trying to get this year is a proper Duo cel for myself. I had two others, one was even an OAV cel, but I bought them as gifts for two good friends, one of whom got her's signed by Scott McNeil!

And if those Japanese sellers aren't separating sketches/cels, they're buying low to mid tier quality cels cheap off Y! Auctions or markets in Japan and trying to sell them at horribly inflated prices on eBay.
When the US market is thin, they think they can get $100 dollars off a $10 cel, which kills the market even more. Thankfully, there's enough collectors out there to communicate and deal with reasonably.

Gotta post that Heero sketch awesomesauce, Jade! Rarely does he ever have a bad sketch!
Which reminds me, I totally forgot to add the Heero sketches that I acquired from zerospace in December! Simply awesome! Thanks again zero for these! ; )

ImageImage
Heero Yuy - Gengas: Episode 49 "The Final Victor"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=371404

Heero Yuy - Mouth Cels, Dougas, Genga, & Timesheet - Episode 44 "Go Forth, Gundam Team"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=371406 & http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=371405
Last edited by GoalieZero on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Very nice sketches. The contrast between the rather edgy art of the Duo genga and the smooth, refined shuusei is striking. The distinctive style of the genga, in fact, reminds me of some Inuyasha key sketches I have. I see that Shinichi Sakuma worked extensively on both projects: perhaps he, or one of his regular assistants?

The sense of detail on the Heero sketch is remarkable. I've always thought that many animators were frustrated aerospace engineers. Congrats on another batch of nice additions.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Very nice sketches. The contrast between the rather edgy art of the Duo genga and the smooth, refined shuusei is striking. The distinctive style of the genga, in fact, reminds me of some Inuyasha key sketches I have. I see that Shinichi Sakuma worked extensively on both projects: perhaps he, or one of his regular assistants?

The sense of detail on the Heero sketch is remarkable. I've always thought that many animators were frustrated aerospace engineers. Congrats on another batch of nice additions.

Thanks sensei! You actually just solved a long riddle I had regarding what the yellow genga clean-up sketch sheets were called ('shuusei") so thanks for that!

Yea, it's very interesting to see how rough sketches are refined to crisp and smooth line work and to see it with my favorite character is a huge bonus!

I'm not sure about Sakuma being the artist, I'll have to put my researching glasses on. 8)

And Gundam of all series probably does have a few engineers collaborating with the mech & technical designers, so those intricate details you see on their sketches oughta look like something you'd find on aerospace blueprints by design!
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Sorry to hear you had to liquidate some of your collection recently G-Z, but as long as you are happy with the end result; the acquisition of a 'Gundam Wing Wishlist' cel & matching Genga - that is all that counts.

Your On-line collection certainly has come leaps & bounds for a RubberSlug gallery less than 12months old; the "Mobile Suit Gundam Wing": Characters (especially Relena & Heero) & Mobile Suits sections being a real highlight to visit, with the growing variety of suits and characters to view.

Usually to be qualify as the 'Mechanical Designer' and/or 'Mechanical animation Director' for a series, one needed to have both qualifications as well as "practical" experience in that particular field (though, not necessarily recent).
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Heeeeeeeyyyyyy everybody!

New city (San Antonio), new job, and that means new cels for the first time in a few months! :D

FInally leveled off and don't have to sell anymore cels which makes me happy! I'll miss the ones that are gone, but luckily they all have happy new owners and I didn't have to part with any of my cherished cels.

But enough about that! 3 fresh and crispy cels to gander at, 2 just mintly unpacked and 1 from March, and they're all beauties!

Gundam Deathscythe - Episode 20 "The Lunar Base Infiltration"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=375738

The death of the Deathscythe. Such a big scene in the series since it marked the point where the pilots became ostracized from the colonies (and Scott McNeil's great cry for Duo in the English dub). Lots of great detail on the Deathscythe layer and airbrushing effects for the explosion. An instant favorite.

Hilde Schbeiker - Episode 38 "The Birth of Queen Relena"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=375735

Hilde is one of my favorite characters from Wing and this is a great shot of her (with a special cameo by Duo's arm!). To get it with the matching background was nice, but Hilde's strong expression here takes the cake and suits her well.

Treize Khushrenada - Episode 1 "The Shooting Star She Saw"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... ID=3740191

Picked this one up in March when there was a series of wonderful Treize cels on eBay (can't remember whose they were, but I've seen them on RS). I always wanted a good Treize cel since he is one of the main antagonists for the majority of the series, but I didn't think it'd be one of the 1st cels of him in the series (literally the 4th cel of Treize in his 1st scene). The fact that he's holding the opera glasses is perfect for his character, just oozes the aristocratic and high-minded nature of Treize.

Unfortunately no sketches with any of the three cels, but regardless I'm very happy to add these three beauts to the collection.

And now with the new job, I can restart the quest for an elusive (read "moderately priced") Duo cel! Happy hunting, everyone! : ) - G0
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Lagrange Point 0 - GoalieZero's Gallery - Massive Update

Post by GoalieZero »

Hey all! Massive update in the last month or so, crossed a few things off my wishlist and got a few more things coming down the pipe. Let's get right into the goodies from the last two months.

ImageImage
Wing Gundam Zero - Episode 49 "The Final Victor"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=377078

Was aching for a new Wing Zero cel, and picked this beauty up with some another cel more goodies from the awesome Glorff (thanks again Dave). Unmatching background, still kicks ass though!

ImageImage
The Mad Scientists - Episode 26 "The Eternal Flame of the Shooting Stars"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=376811

This cel is awesome, but it's got an even better story behind how I won it. I had recently gotten my good friend Jillian into cel collecting and bought her a few cels to start her off. When this beauty popped up on eBay, I was unaware that she was bidding on it as a surprise gift for me. So naturally we got into a bid war for it. Needless to say, she was pretty tenacious but I sniped the bid at the last second. She was pretty depressed that she missed out on it until she found out a month later that it was me who actually got it. So now there's no way this cel is going anywhere, it's got too much of a good story behind it : D

Gundam Deathscythe Hell and White Fang Taurus - Episode 45 "Signs of the Final Battle"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=376815

This multilayer cel has been trimmed a bit, but it's still pretty sweet. Really wanted a Deathscythe cel where the full beam scythe was visible, so I pulled the trigger on this YJ! beauty. Love the protective stance of the Duo's Deathscythe protecting Hilde's damaged Taurus in Episode 45. Love it!

ImageImage
Catherine Bloom - Episode 38 "The Birth of Queen Relena"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=376808

One of the few bargain cels I was able to save from a notorious eBay reseller from gobbling up and inflating to hell on eBay, really love this Catherine end cel. Just pretty to look at. She is crying in this scene, but the tears were added in post-production. Love the douga as well!

Duo Maxwell & Quatre Raberba Winner - Episode 11 "The Whereabouts of Happiness"
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=377075

My 1st proper Duo cel of my own (thanks again glorff!). Quatre decided to tag along as well : )

Duo Maxwell - Episode ???
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... mID=378386

Also picked up this Duo for a great deal on YJ! however, for once I'm not 100% certain of where it comes from in the series. I originally thought it came from Episode 38 where Duo and Hilde are talking right before Duo reunites with Quatre, however I can't find a frame that matches Duo's pose. Background is unmatching and cel is labelled D3, meaning there must be another character or layer and it's a fairly early frame in the sequence. Any eagle-eyed Wing or Duo fans have a clue?

And last, but certainly not least, big thanks again to glorff for giving me a chance to acquire his Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz settei collection. Been wanting some settei to compliment the cels and a whopping 71 sheets later (that's a lot of scanning ^^;) I finally have a great cache of concept sheets. All 71 settei sheets are now live! Here are a few choice cuts : D

ImageImageImage
Gundam Wing & Endless Waltz Model Sheet & Settei Gallery
http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gal ... esID=47926

- - - - - - - - -

Thanks for browsing through all and thanks to JadeDuo and everyone at Anime-Beta for the Cel Gallery Open House! Made a few minor changes to the gallery organization which looks a lot cleaner now I have to admit.

Happy Hunting All!
G0