ULTIMATE DREAM CEL just arrived! Original Vintage DIsney

Show off your stuff!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

ULTIMATE DREAM CEL just arrived! Original Vintage DIsney

Post by star-phoenix »

Hello Everyone!

I know I have been quite silent for the past couple months as work has been super duper busy (I had to work 60-80 hours a week for the past 3 months.... 8O ).
Anyway, I am super excited to show you a piece I FINALLY got in. It took me almost 6 years to finally obtain the piece since I saw it and to convince the owner to finally let it go. This was my #1 wishlist cel of all time, and it finally arrived! Just in time for the Holidays and a perfect theme for this time of year as well.

1932 Santa's Workshop cel of Santa Clause in his Sleigh with Reindeers flying across the moon with the happy smile on his face! The amazing part about this is the cel and the background are key master set ups. This means the background is original production from the Disney studio, and the cel that is paired is the original cel that matched the sequence to the background. It is incredibly rare to find key master backgrounds from vintage Disney since much of it has either been destroyed or deteriorated with age.

Well, hope you all enjoy and have a wonderful holiday season!! :cheers

http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=370812
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: ULTIMATE DREAM CEL just arrived! Original Vintage DIsne

Post by Jadeduo »

Congrats! That is a truly lovely find and a great Christmas present to your self! The background is truly detailed and lovely it deserves it's own page!

Also great description! Very informative and the love you have for this piece truly shines through!

Happy Hunting!
Jadeduo!
:jump
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.
Yes, I have to admit, that smiling moon face really makes that whole image. It's rare to see an item where the cel layer and the background layer are so equally detailed and complimentary. That was an item that must have been taken home and cherished by its first owner. (This was well before even Disney cels were considered potentially collectable.) Congratulations: it's great to see a treasure like this find a home in an important and well-maintained collection like yours.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

That is truly a masterpiece. Major congrats to you.
:cheers
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Just added images of the cel framed. My heart still flutters with joy every time I look at it. :D
Best Christmas presenr ever!!