Oh no, she didn't!! Oh, yes... she did! Gallery Update

Show off your stuff!
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Oh no, she didn't!! Oh, yes... she did! Gallery Update

Post by ginga123 »

hello and welcome to the latest gallery update. let's kick start the year off in 2014 with all the new cels and CG animation collected from 2013 from a range of animation series.

OH 2013 feedback inspired a new About Me page and a slightly revamped Links Page. Still a work in progress, especially the new Mawaru Penguindrum section. Feedback always welcomed. Enjoy!

PS- lastly, i have a question for displaying cels and sketches for sections that have a lot of "art." in terms of display, some sections have up to 9 items per page. i think some of these sections may need to be bumped up to 12, to lessen the feeling of getting lost in all the pages within a section. would you feel overwhelmed if 12 items on the first page came up for display? would you be open to going to the second page after being "hit" right away in terms of display?
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Oh no, she didn't!! Oh, yes... she did! Gallery Update

Post by Quacker »

Truly Awesome update Ginga!

The "GoDannar", "Penguindrum", "Spice & Wolf", & "School Rumble" are all great additions to your Gallery.

Of course, my personal favourites are your new "School Rumble" items, especially the Yakumo & Eri gengas - but your new "GoDannar" & "Penguindrum" are equally special.
I believe the "Penguindrum" gengas perfectly captures & displays the unique skill of Ikuhara-San & Ikami-San, while any artwork collected for "GoDannar" is cause for a celebration.

Looking forward to your next set of updates throughout the new year.

As for your question:-
For me, I prefer having more items per Gallery page because it allows you to compare the artwork on display. But that is purely a personal preference.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Nice update. I'd like to hope I was instrumental in getting you to buy risqué artwork. Because, you know..of Animazement.

(Heh heh.)

That's a really nice hanken. I like the robot poses. I've found a new appreciation for mecha after seeing all the work that a mecha toy designer puts into his sketches. I'm always amazed how he can draw so many sketches at a con and make sure that each one of them is unique. I still have yet to watch Penguinundrum, but those penguins are super cute.

Regarding your question, it depends on how image heavy I want to make that page. Usually, the max I go with is 12 on any page, unless it's something that's not as detailed (like backgrounds), and then I'll do 24.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations on your new items, Ginga. I enjoyed the Chobits sketch of Hideki being glomped by Minoru-kun's domestic staff. Like Quacker, I too admire the Wolf & Spice additions, particularly the "Golden Bough" inspired pan image of Chloe holding up the last standing sheaf of wheat. The glaring cel of Hotaru from SM is also an evocative picture.

I personally set my pages for 24 images so people can scroll down and see what I've got at one pass. When I get more than that, then I divide galleries, except when the items are too closely related to do so (as with episode-focused galleries). So I'd go with the larger number. As with newspaper readers, you'll lose a lot of random browsers at the bottom of the page, so I go with the larger number. Just my way, however.

Thanks for sharing and here's for many more treasures in 2014!
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

Follow up: Animazement section up and running. Overall, still a work in progress. (I fell asleep on the couch by accident after my first round. Long day.)

Quacker linked under My Links Page. :) DVD picture reference added to Godannar hanken. MP's section introduction needs polishing, in rough draft mode. Sensei has inspired a new name for the Chloe genga set. :) Minor tweaks needed on grammar, etc. along with adding episode information to CG sections to balance out presentation.

Thank you for your feedback. It is always greatly appreciated. The overall Godannar hanken, mainly, is the source of my inspiration. My main focus was to pay homage to Dannar's 10 year anniversary. I already had the Hideki ecchi in my books and I didn't know when or if or how I'd display it. The partial set was stashed away for quite some time. The Holo ecchi is what helped me decide to "take it there, but be tasteful with it." The rest took care of itself. A small hint of my time with Cutie at Animazement is present in the banner. (It's all my fault, I started a running joke. lol) I'm glad that I was able to pull this update off.

In terms of display, I will experiment with one section by bumping it up to 12 items per page and go from there.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant