Celluloid Central Gallery Update

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Celluloid Central Gallery Update

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! It's a very unusual, unstable expression, indicating that something interesting is happening. I like the way it fits with the unmatching background.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thank you, Sensei. :) Funny that you should use the word "unstable" to describe her expression. This cel is from the famous episode 22, in which Asuka is mentally invaded by an attacking angel and forced to remember the trauma she endured as a child. The background is a nice companion, yes, but really she's watching Rei and Shinji board the train together.
Last edited by KinoLRB on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Congratulations Kino! Here's to hoping you win many more! ^_^

JD
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thanks Jadeduo! She was a buy it now, thankfully. :)
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Awesome new cel!!! Your Eva collection is becoming quite impressive! :)
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thanks Frozentime! That's awesome to hear. :)
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Wonderful catch! I agree, your collection is very nice. Congratulations on your success! It's always nice when a long-awaited cel is finally checked off "the list." :D
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Thank you Lunacels! :) I want my EVA collection to be as comprehensive as possible. I hope to add a few more before the end of the year.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Hi, guys. One more update for the summer. Enjoy, as it will (most likely) be my last until the end of September.

First up is an A1END cel of Neo-Ranga:

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=387687

And then a great action shot from the 90's Cartoon Network classic, Cow and Chicken:

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=387897

I am super thrilled because both cels came with their matching production background.

Not a bad way to cap off the summer, update-wise. :) Thanks for looking!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

That's awesome that they both come with their matching backgrounds! For me, that almost double the value of a cel/background pair, relative to even a good cel on its own. I actually find myself trading up on sequence mates, if I can find the background. It just makes me feel that much closer to the original production materials.... and that's not even considering the additional artistic merits of the background! I know I've said it before, but you've had a really nice sting of updates recently!
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

I know Ive said this before Kino, but your
gallery continues to impress! Its growing very nicely,
Great updates!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Echoing T-cat's comments above - you have collected & put out some amazing new pieces so far this year and as a result of that, your gallery has 'matured' quite a bit.

The 'Battle Angel Alita' genga (from one of my favourite character designers Yuki Nobuteru), 'Evangelion' - Asuka cel and the 'Noir' Kirika cel are each my favourites this year thus far.
Keep up the Awesome additions Kino and I shall look forward to your newest updates.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

frozentime wrote:That's awesome that they both come with their matching backgrounds! For me, that almost double the value of a cel/background pair, relative to even a good cel on its own. I actually find myself trading up on sequence mates, if I can find the background. It just makes me feel that much closer to the original production materials.... and that's not even considering the additional artistic merits of the background! I know I've said it before, but you've had a really nice sting of updates recently!
Thanks Frozentime! The more I collect, the more I am interested in cels that come with matching materials, backgrounds especially. I wouldn't have bought either cel if they were without their backgrounds.
teggacat wrote:I know Ive said this before Kino, but your
gallery continues to impress! Its growing very nicely,
Great updates!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers
Thanks Tegga! :) Always appreciated!
Quacker wrote:Echoing T-cat's comments above - you have collected & put out some amazing new pieces so far this year and as a result of that, your gallery has 'matured' quite a bit.

The 'Battle Angel Alita' genga (from one of my favourite character designers Yuki Nobuteru), 'Evangelion' - Asuka cel and the 'Noir' Kirika cel are each my favourites this year thus far.
Keep up the Awesome additions Kino and I shall look forward to your newest updates.
Thanks Quacker! After missing out so many times, I finally got my Asuka, and even better it's from an episode that's most pivotal to her character. The Alita sketch is also a bit of a landmark for me, a modest beginning to what I hope will be a kick-butt Battle Angel collection.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

After more than a month without an update, I finally got around to adding a few new goodies, my last until after the holidays.

When it rains it pours. I got my first Asuka cel a few months ago, and I'm pleased to follow it up with this sketch of her, complete with scowl and plugsuit. What makes this update extra special is that it coincides with the 20th anniversary of EVA's airing on Japanese television on October 4, 1995.

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=389595

I also added an Aeon Flux a few days ago, from the first episode. I love the foreshortened effect.

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=389519

Thanks for looking! :)
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

I usually wait until after Christmas to post all of my autumnal goodies, but I simply couldn't wait to scan this amazing cel of Lain, from Serial Experiments Lain. Right now, I'm averaging one Lain cel per year. At only four cels, my collection is one of the largest on RS lol.

What's even better, this shot is similar to my #1 wishlist Lain cel. ( http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... shID=27028 )

Anyway, as always, thanks for looking. :)

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/ ... mID=391625