35 year update

Show off your stuff!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

35 year update

Post by JWR »

I have been in lurk mode for the last few months as we had several real life problems crop up starting with the loss of a couple of family friends just after Christmas to having one outside cat “Midnight” go into heat so we had to get her fixed and that bringing a bunch of male cats into the yard one of which seriously injured Stan “Belles outside brother” so we had him at the ER vet then to our vet for treatment.

Besides that we had nicer things to take up our time.
Those who know us know we like to plan updates around things such as significant events like cats birthdays and such.

Today March 24th is a special day for us. 25 years ago our cat Snowball (3/24/89-5/24/09) was born under our bed on our 10th wedding anniversary so today we celebrate 35 years of being married. We got together with our families over the weekend and will go out for a nice dinner just the two of us.

As to our update we have added another Long Haired Akane to our Early Ranma ½ section. A new sketch from Mahorabo and a sketch from Spice & Wolf in our Misc section.
We also have a new section from Sister Princess which we have loved the detail that goes into each image but found it very hard to locate artwork from.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: 35 year update

Post by teggacat »

Nice update! And great backstory too!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers
[and I sure hope Stan is okay now poor thing, glad he has you guys!]
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Congratulations Joe, to you and your wife!

Thirty five year wedding anniversary, that is awesome! Thank-you for sharing the story.
Hope you both enjoy a fantastic evening on the Saturday night.

The update is none to bad either, I especially like the 'Spice and Wolf' genga.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
JWR

Post by JWR »

Thanks Teggacat & Quacker

Stan has recovered and now that the fur has pretty much grown one cannot see the scar. He was bitten pretty bad behind his left ear on his head and by the time we were able to catch him it had become infected. A big Thankyou goes out to Goldknight for advise on treatment and many text messages and pictures exchanged during his treatment.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Life blesses you and also kicks you in the nuts.
Best congratulations on your wedding anniversary !!

Best wishes to your cats
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I saw that Spice & Wolf genga on Mandarake and sadly had to let it slide by. I'm glad to know it's in a fine home now! Congratulations on your anniversary and much appreciation for the watchful care that you show to your little wild kingdom outside.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Very nice additions, Joe & congrats on your 35th! :)
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Congratulations on 35 years Joe. Super nice
Update as well. Hope your cat starts feeling
Better.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Congratulations on your 35th anniversary Joe and Maria! So happy for you two! And wonderful updates!!
:cheers
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Congratulations on your anniversary, and nice update!

I just picked up Spice and Wolf, but haven't watched it. I'll have to revisit your gallery after I get caught up. :)
JWR

Post by JWR »

Thanks all for the well wishes. While we don't think being together for as long as we have, according to our kids, most of their friends parents are divorced long before reaching that milestone /wah

Frozentime, we did enjoy the animated seasons of Spice & Wolf. It is a slower paced love story. What I have really enjoyed is being able to read the light novels that continue the story.
I remember listening to the english VA for Holo saying that she viewed playing the part as an Audrey Hepburn like character.