Rubberslug not letting me upload main image...

Show off your stuff!
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Rubberslug not letting me upload main image...

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

It's been a long time since I've made any updates to my RS page... and just when I feel like doing it, things don't want to work right! UGH!

I'm trying to upload a new cel with the main cel image and a thumbnail image. The thumbnail loads just fine, but no matter what I do, the main image refuses to upload even though it says that it's been uploaded fine. I tried to create a completely new item to try again with the same image, and still the same outcome. The file is a JPG and about 80KB so I don't know what's up. I think RS is just sick of me. That or it's giving me revenge for mostly updating my other gallery hosted on my domain... heh Evil technology!! If anyone knows what's up with this, please feel free to share! <3 Hopefully it is just a temporary hiccup in the system.

EDIT: I just tried uploading a completely different cel and both images uploaded fine. *sigh* What's the deal!?

EDIT2: I have a possible solution. The name of the file I was trying to upload was probably too long. I renamed the file and it uploaded fine. Arg!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Rubberslug not letting me upload main image...

Post by sensei »

It's possible that the cache filled up, which Jason has to empty every so often or the images won't upload correctly. I added one item (part of a much bigger update that I'll make when Lent is over) and that went ok. And I see now that you are also uploading without trouble. So thankfully it's just a temporary glitch.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Again, the same problem. Trying to upload an image and it sits at 0% on the screen. Anyone else having problems right now or is it just me? Also tried renaming the images I'm trying to upload since that seemed to fix the problem before...but nope. Still doesn't work. I tried waiting several hours since I first tried to upload and still nothing works.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I am as well. Got frustrated and walked away from it….I'll try again later today to see if it works.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah, I just had a look at the community forum over there and it appears other people are having the same problem. Sadly, it's the most frequent post over there... :(