Anime-Beta Projects/Events - Survey/Topic- Topic Rename ^_^

Show off your stuff!
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Bored now... Something to do, let's make some noise!!

Post by KinoLRB »

Though they sound fun, the con-events and in-person activities are not really feasible for me at the moment. However, I would love to participate in some sort of RS and/or beta feedback project. :)
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

I'm honestly interested in any of those, but most of all the provenance project. :) I actually do this myself to an extent with keeping track of sequence mates of my cels.

I've mostly been quiet due to health and working on some other projects, but I'm still lurking and very much collecting! I actually even obtained a couple fairly major wishlist items within the past year or so.

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Update on the survey... 21 Respondents so far:

Answer Choices

Responses

Annual Anime Cel Contest Event
71.43% 15

Annual Gallery Peer Review Event
57.14% 12

Provenance Project
33.33% 7

The Newbies Guide Project
33.33% 7

Skype Meeting (Regional or National)
23.81% 5

Rubberslug Feedback Project
61.90% 13

Possible Cel Convention - Farther out into the future. ^_^
52.38% 11
Total Respondents: 21

Thanks to Ginga for posting on Facebook I jumped from 13-21 in only a day or two after! Sui Kune and Kino I am super happy you are interested! I will leave the survey open for till Sunday! But I'm going to start putting together some basic layouts for posts to start scheduling and working out logistics this week. Keep an eye out on the forum over the weekend!

Jadeduo
:jump
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

I'll admit even though I lurk more than post nowadays, some kind of cel related gathering or con has interested me. I was also interested in the annual gallery review that we used to have but I was put off at the last one I participate in some years ago :( , mainly due to the lack of responses from people after answering the questions and making suggestions for improving their galleries. Also, I'm not able to update my gallery as much as I used to(I hate that some of my cels have next to no commentary to accompany them :x ).
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Majin,

It's okay to lurk, that is why I've left this post open for the last three weeks because I feel like a lot of long time beta members have flipped over to lurking and we don't actually drop by the forum more than every couple of weeks. The point of this exercise is to try to let people know that we are still here and we are going to be doing things again. There seems to be a lot of people that are willing to do at least an hour or two of volunteer time a week towards events. So like I said I will be putting together posts for each event listed maybe except for the Skype Meeting there seems to be little interest in it.

I have not decided on it.

I will leave the survey up for the rest of the month and with the other posts I will link up the survey there that way if there is anyone that has missed this post they can express their interest that way. Like I said if you are interested in any of the events keep an eye on the forum I will be working on this intermittently over the three day weekend.

Thanks!
Jadeduo
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Sorry Guys,

I was much busier than I thought I would be last weekend, so I started the Rubberslug Feedback Thread something that is new to Beta so it has no precedent set that I have to slog through before putting together a new post. The Beta Contest and Beta Peer Review have been done before, so there is some precedent that I would like to research before I post those threads.

So for right now here are the standings on the projects:

Annual Anime Cel Contest Event
69.57% 16

Annual Gallery Peer Review Event
56.52% 13

Provenance Project
34.78% 8

The Newbies Guide Project
34.78% 8

Skype Meeting (Regional or National)
30.43% 7

Rubberslug Feedback Project
60.87% 14

Possible Cel Convention - Farther out into the future. ^_^
52.17% 12

Total Respondents: 23

Please if you were interested in joining the Rubberslug feedback project head over to the thread, and join the conversation!

Also if you haven't yet taken the survey, PLEASE DO!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K9JZSY8

Jadeduo
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I was wondering why you did a surveymonkey in the middle of this thread instead of a separate thread with a poll. Honestly, this is the first time reading this thread and the only reason I did was I didn't complete follow the RS Project thread having not been here first. I haven't been to Beta as much as in the past and I think it's great that you're trying to start projects that will spark interest, but with this thread name I'm not sure everyone interested in the suggested projects will read this thread. I know I didn't....

my two cents.

Also, for the RS Feedback Project, I know that for whatever reason my gallery can not be rated anymore. Feedback works on RS, but not the rating. I'm not sure if this occurs on other galleries or if my has a glitch. You might want to keep that in mind when determining your project.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Anime-Beta Projects/Events - Survey/Topic- Topic Rename ^_^

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks for the suggestion, Animeobssessed, done, done, and done!

I hope you jumped over to take the survey as well ^_^ Also your suggestion is noted for the RS Feedback project although it was the second most popular suggestion I proposed there has not been a lot of posts in reply... :( But like you said most people are lurkers now so I am trying to be patient with this because most people especially those of us that have been around since early 2000 and before are only popping by a few times a month because either, ennui, not collecting as much, or just plain busy.

I want for us to get those numbers up again and try and get things going again like they were then and even up through 2007 it was a very busy place over here!!!

All those interested in this please run over take the survey and if you were one of the 14 people interested in the RS project please run over there and join the conversation! :)

Jadeduo

PS: Survey if you haven't taken it yet!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K9JZSY8