The Unexpected Gallery Update

Show off your stuff!
Yuuki
Eiketsu - Mastermind

The Unexpected Gallery Update

Post by Yuuki »

I come with a happy happy amazing incredible gallery update. Possibly only this exciting to me, but I hope someone else here can appreciate this lurkers happiness.

Once in a while... supposedly never... you come upon that opportunity in life that's too good to be true, but actually IS true.

A lovely gentleman from France, who is my favourite person in the universe this week, month, and year, gave me the opportunity to take part of his collection of Samurai Pizza Cats cels off his hand. I was not expecting this, but with our transaction I was able to update my Samurai Pizza Cats gallery today with more amazing material than I have ever seen available. I tripled my collection with the receipt of one box. WHAT.

http://toppegged.rubberslug.com/gallery ... esID=46256

This series is hard to collect from most of the time, because only about 15 of the 54 episodes have cels available (with the odd exception) and most of those 15 aren't done by their stronger animation teams, so there's a lot of 'meh' floating around when it does pop up.

I have no idea how to explain what getting that package was like and sorting through it. It was AMAZING. It was so big. I'm SO HAPPY. This series is the one exception to my cel purchasing abstinence (but it has be worth it... and it waaaaaaasss). I ran off to school with it to sort and scan (figured a school full of animators would find them interesting) and had to run to the bookstore to get a new Itoya LOL (Itoyas come in landscape orientation now. I love that).

I'm a really, really happy big girl. I have lots of happy to spare. Here, take some *offers scoops of artful cel joy to everyone* I can't believe I got all these amazing things.
http://toppegged.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp - Tracy's Cel Collection
http://teaelleharris.tumblr.com/ ~ TeaElle Art and Animation
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: The Unexpected Gallery Update

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

What an amazing collection you have!! *^_^* As much as I love Samurai Pizza Cats, I've never collected from it for exactly the problem reasons you stated... I don't think I've been to your gallery before, so this was extra fun! ^_^
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! It is wonderful both for the collector and for the cels that a hoard like this goes to someone who really wants/loves it and is willing to commit to conserving it well! The art for SPC is so bizarre, yet so "right" in its crazy integrity that I suspect the character designer was a mecha engineer who dropped acid by accident one day and never fully came back. Anyhow, I'm bookmarking your gallery so I can come back and explore some more. But thanks for sharing and thanks for providing good comments/context on the images. A great web resource for this series.
Yuuki
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuuki »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:What an amazing collection you have!! *^_^* As much as I love Samurai Pizza Cats, I've never collected from it for exactly the problem reasons you stated... I don't think I've been to your gallery before, so this was extra fun! ^_^
:D Thanks so much~! Decent SPC stuff is really scarce. I wish the A-list animation teams on the series had released their stuff, but oh well. Glad you had fun going through the gallery! (I have to update that at some point... I've still got a whole bunch of stuff from other series' that's not up there).
sensei wrote:Congratulations! It is wonderful both for the collector and for the cels that a hoard like this goes to someone who really wants/loves it and is willing to commit to conserving it well! The art for SPC is so bizarre, yet so "right" in its crazy integrity that I suspect the character designer was a mecha engineer who dropped acid by accident one day and never fully came back. Anyhow, I'm bookmarking your gallery so I can come back and explore some more. But thanks for sharing and thanks for providing good comments/context on the images. A great web resource for this series.
Thank you~! Mister from France can be rest assured that I'm going to love and care for his collection to the best of my ability. I've wanted art from this show since I found it 22-ish years ago LOL. The series actually had a character designer and an animaloid draftsman to help keep the design integrity in check (and clearly, some good drugs helped LOL). One of the designers (name escapes me) still posts his own fanart from the show on his blog once in a while ^^
http://toppegged.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp - Tracy's Cel Collection
http://teaelleharris.tumblr.com/ ~ TeaElle Art and Animation