Cel Gallery Open HOUSE 2014!! Complete! Post Feedback here!

Show off your stuff!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Cel Gallery Open HOUSE 2014!

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay so far...

We have:

Jadeduo
PunkxPrince
KinoLRB
Rekka Alexei
GoalieZero
RePete

And Sensei...
For a special Ask Sensei a QUESTION, Question! No matter how many galleries join the review Sensei will answer one question for every participant! Sensei you rock! We appreciate it!

And Phantom Reviewer:

Quacker! Quacker will lurk the participating galleries and review... Who knows!!?! @_@ *twilight zone music*

In Charge of Marketing:

Ginga123 (Thanks so much! I appreciate the help!)

Everyone, planning on participating please start thinking up your questions and start cleaning up your galleries for review time! Also if anyone is interested in any other way, like Quacker and Sensei, we always appreciate extra reviewers! It seems like a great idea to get peeps who have established galleries as well, and maybe don't have the time to get everything knocked out during this busy time of the year ^_^

Keep it coming! There is still plenty of time to join!
Jadeduo
:jump
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

Blog complete. Placed advertising on JACML...check. (Yes, that sketch set is REALLY for sale btw for those who read the post. lol)

Next is Facebook??? :shrug Interesting new twist, Quacker! The Phantom Reviewer.... ooo... i can imagine the twilight music playing on our mobile radios now... :D
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

If there's room, I'd like to join. Just changed my layout and wanted to know what others think.

I know this doesn't pertain to this product, but do we have any plans for maybe holding artwork giveaways to new(er) members? I don't think a lot of people realize how much artwork is out there from even the newer stuff, and how easy and sometimes cheap it is to collect. I have some sketches lying around that I'd love to donate to a project like this, or maybe someone holding a panel at a convention as a giveaway.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay so far...

We have:

Jadeduo
PunkxPrince
KinoLRB
Rekka Alexei
GoalieZero
RePete
Cutiebunny

And Sensei...
For a special Ask Sensei a QUESTION, Question! No matter how many galleries join the review Sensei will answer one question for every participant! Sensei you rock! We appreciate it!

And Phantom Reviewer:

Quacker! Quacker will lurk the participating galleries and review... Who knows!!?! @_@ *twilight zone music*

In Charge of Marketing:

Ginga123 (Thanks so much! I appreciate the help!) We appreciate the shout out, over here!

Also anyone who is part of other communities, please let me know if you will post to them to tell them about the upcoming events at Beta. I would love to give credit to anyone looking to bring people over to our little corner of the world.

Of course Cutiebunny, added to the list! There is still plenty of room! That is a great idea to donate a door prize of some sort, for a panel or for new members. I've had a few ideas floating around in my head. That everyone on Beta that goes to a convention should volunteer to do a panel about cel collecting, and we could as a community put together some sort of powerpoint that we could all use at some point. This would obviously be something we would put together over the winter of 2015 and then start this program for convention summer season 2015. As it is much too late to implement for this year. I was also thinking of putting together a beta business card of sorts, contact the dealers and see if they would be interested in throwing a beta business card with the web address when they make a sale at conventions or off their websites. It is of course in their best interests if the community is thriving.

Only 8 Galleries on the reviewing block! Still plenty of time to join the review, two slots left in the first round, and if we fill up the first round, I will start a second round!

Those who have signed up start putting together your questions for the reviewers and start cleaning up your galleries! You have a good three weeks but we know what procrastinating can do! If anyone has any questions feel free to post here or PM me any time!

Thanks,
Jadeduo
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Jadeduo wrote: everyone on Beta that goes to a convention should volunteer to do a panel about cel collecting, and we could as a community put together some sort of powerpoint that we could all use at some point.
I've done this at AnimeNext (a nice regional con held near New Brunswick, NJ) for some years, and so I'd be happy to volunteer the standard PowerPoint that I've used for these panels as a source of material or as a nucleus for something more inclusive. (It's obviously heavy on stuff I collect as examples).
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks Sensei!

I've been to one of your talks and it is great also, it makes sense that it would be heavy of examples from your collection. If we do find people who would be interested we could work together as a group to bring in pieces from various collections across the forum. Or we could work on personalizing it to each presenter, obviously if I remember correctly very few people have a master set up (you had one as an example). I myself have never been able to put one together, including the sketches, layouts, BG, and the final piece. I have a few pieces that are close ^_^ still need to find that Pinch! Cel to go with the layouts and complete sketch set I have.

Although I kind of like using examples from across the forum, because then we can get a variety of animes in across all genres & maybe plug beta a little ^_^

You think maybe this should be another thread?

Thanks,
Jadeduo
sensei

Post by sensei »

I like the idea of a basic ppt. outline that people could fill in with scans from their own collections and present at a variety of cons. I could be enticed into showing up at Otakon (or maybe Katsucon or some driveable Mid-Atlantic venue). But it might be more effective if curators developed a short presentation and presented at whatever con was convenient and local.

I recall when I began I'd get one to four attendees at my presentations, often people panel-hopping from something next door that turned out to be boring to "hey, I don't know anything about this, but the panelists look like they have their acts together!" Lately, audiences have been more respectable, and it's good that Killua now has AnimeNext on his dealers room schedule.

A simple presentation followed by an informal sharing time would be effective at most local cons, I think.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

I agree that a simplified PP presentation, where you can put in your own pieces would be best, if you don't have the examples we could give stock examples from other beta members for credit. Or we could have everyone participating provide a few examples as well, and you can adjust your presentation to your personal preferences.

This is obviously something we are going to have to break this out in another thread, I know I can prolly volunteer to do Otakon, if Sensei can't make it, we had a blast last year and are going again this year, I can't imagine why we wouldn't plan for next year, and the southeast FL cons Chibi-con and the one in Miami, maybe. I am going to have to look at the con schedule on the anime con website. I will create a thread when I get a chance. We have 15 days till we leave for Otakon so I am in crunch time right now. I can respond to the current threads but new projects will prolly have to wait for a smidge.

:)
Thanks,
Jadeduo
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

You're welcome, Jadedou. :)

I'm still hoping the JACML blast will draw some attention to OH and/or traffic to Beta and RS in some fashion- big or small.

Y'all are taking small steps in the right direction to begin the marketing research/branding process. Panel Presenting Contact List also good idea to start and move to separate thread Jadedou.

Off the wall thought: Would obtaining a contact list from an admin or MOD via RS would be helpful as well to help with communication process in present and future, also for marketing purposes? (is that even physically possible??) Might help with streamlining in the long haul); welcome new members; and, determine which galleries are officially new, active, or officially abandoned and eating away unnecessary bandwidth. Contacting everyone via Feedback would be impossible at this time. This would also start tying in with the Feedback Project though.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

I'm interested in open house but I'll honestly say it's more for visiting galleries and leaving feedback than improving my own.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay so far...

We have:

Jadeduo
PunkxPrince
KinoLRB
Rekka Alexei
GoalieZero
RePete
Cutiebunny

And Sensei...

And Phantom Reviewers:

Majinuub - Wants to visit the galleries and participate from a reviewer perspective!

Quacker and Manjinuub! I think when we get the finalized list together, the two of you should split it up to make sure we are even with reviews provided. If anyone else just wants to review and does not have the time to get their gallery in a fixing frame of mind. Please let me know if you are interested! I would love to add in more reviewers, even if there are only as of right now 7 galleries to be reviewed.

In Charge of Marketing:

Ginga123 (Thanks so much! I appreciate the help!) We appreciate the shout out, over here!

Also anyone who is part of other communities, please let me know if you will post to them to tell them about the upcoming events at Beta. I would love to give credit to anyone looking to bring people over to our little corner of the world.

Plenty of time still to join! If you don't think you will be able to get your gallery ready in time. That is still okay, even if it is not 100% ready to rock and roll we can still provide valuable feedback and maybe even ideas. Newer and Older collectors have different frames of mind and can give you a different perspective and come up with some really neat ideas!

So get on over and JOIN!!! ^_^

Thanks,
Jadeduo
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

majinuub You are very welcome!

Okay so I went and checked Survey Monkey this morning and 15 of the 26 peeps who took the survey were interested in the Cel Gallery Open House! Wherefore are thou missing 5-8 people??? Where!

Jadeduo
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

I would like to be a reviewer :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I voted for this project so I'll participate again this year, and I won't need the general feedback/gallery impression part from participants that already sent me feedback last year, unless they feel like it for some reason.