Cel Gallery Open HOUSE 2014!! Complete! Post Feedback here!

Show off your stuff!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Cel Gallery Open HOUSE 2014!

Post by cutiebunny »

Jadeduo wrote:I agree that a simplified PP presentation, where you can put in your own pieces would be best, if you don't have the examples we could give stock examples from other beta members for credit. Or we could have everyone participating provide a few examples as well, and you can adjust your presentation to your personal preferences.
If you need any scans of anything I own for your presentation, please let me know.

I *may* be able to do a presentation at PMX in November. It's a very, very small con, so I don't know if I'll go yet. But if I do, I'd be willing to give a presentation.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Okay so far...

We have:

Jadeduo
PunkxPrince
KinoLRB
Rekka Alexei
GoalieZero
RePete
Cutiebunny
theultimatebrucelee - Only wants reviews from peeps who have not reviewed the gallery before! (Well... you'll for sure get one from me!)

And Sensei...
For a special Ask Sensei a QUESTION, Question! No matter how many galleries join the review Sensei will answer one question for every participant! Sensei you rock! We appreciate it!

And Phantom Reviewers:

Quacker! Quacker will lurk the participating galleries and review... Who knows!!?! @_@ *twilight zone music*
Majinuub - Wants to visit the galleries and participate from a reviewer perspective!
eyes0nme19 - Would also like to be a reviewer!

Quacker, Majinuub, and eyes0nme19! I think when we get the finalized list together, the three of you should split it up to make sure we are even with reviews provided I'm not sure how this will work out with three peeps. I just want to make sure there are an even number of reviews among the participants, so of course it would be great if you guys went to every gallery, but if we could get two reviews for every gallery from the reviewers that would be great! If anyone else just wants to review and does not have the time to get their gallery in a fixing frame of mind. Please let me know if you are interested! I would love to add in more reviewers, even if there are only as of right now 7 galleries to be reviewed.

In Charge of Marketing:

Ginga123 (Thanks so much! I appreciate the help!) We appreciate the shout out, over here!

Also anyone who is part of other communities, please let me know if you will post to them to tell them about the upcoming events at Beta. I would love to give credit to anyone looking to bring people over to our little corner of the world.

There is still plenty of time to join guys! Have at it!

Hi Cutiebunny! That's great! I've got to start another thread for this project that we've created, but I do not have the time to organize right now. T-8 Days till we leave for Otakon I am knee deep in preparations!

Thanks,
Jadeduo
:jump
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Alright guys! T-5 Days till I leave for Otakon time I will not have a lot of so, I will check the forum a few times before I leave we are in crunch time so I don't have a lot of time right now. So please keep the conversation going!

Anywho I will be reachable by E-mail and PM while at Otakon, and will check the forum sporadically while there! I expect everyone to keep up the conversation while I am gone! ^_^ Also in case you didn't notice I suggested a few new categories for the Annual Cel Contest and no one has responded so please go check it out in the pinned topic up top, and keep it up guys!

Thanks,
Jadeduo
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Bumpage :P .
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi Everyone!

We have the finalized list and I am waiting on a whole ton of questions from participants so far I only have Punkxprince's questions for the review UPDATE! Added KinoLRB's questions! We are supposed to kick off today so if everyone could get those over to me I would super appreciate it! Also if there is anyone else who would like to join last minute I will be monitoring the thread and my PM box till 12 EST tonight!

Jadeduo
http://jadeduo.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1. When you first visit my page what are you drawn to first? Why?
2. How does the organization feel, is there something you would change about it, and why?
3. I have been working on my gallery intermittently for the last year trying to keep up the descriptions how do you feel about the setup of the descriptions and why?

Sensei question...

Is there anything you think is missing in the way I have my gallery set up and what would you like to see added?

PunkxPrince
http://punkxprince.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1. When you first visit my page what are you drawn to first? Why?
2. If you could change one thing about my page what would it be and why?
3. I have recently started the process of more extensively updating my gallery. My entire Trigun section has been redone the way I intend to do the rest of my collection. Do you like the way I have updated my Trigun collection with episode number and scene info or would you prefer a different way to group the cels such as by character?

Sensei Question...

PunkxPrince could not think of a specific question for Sensei, but Sensei if you could pick one question from the list where you could offer the most insight that would be greatly appreciated!

KinoLRB

http://celluloidcentral.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1. When you first visit my page, what are you most drawn to, and why?
2. Recently, I combined all of my American cartoons to one category: Americatoons. Should I keep them consolidated, or should I give each show its own category? The same question applies to my misCELanious section. Should I keep these cels together, or should I give each show/film its own category?
3. What would you change about my gallery, and why?

Sensei Question...

What can I do to improve the descriptions in my gallery?

Rekka Alexei

1. What’s something you liked about the gallery? Any particular items, gallery display, design, anything.
2. What’s something that you didn’t particularly care for? Why? How would you like to see it differently?
3. Ask me anything!

http://rekka.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

GoalieZero

http://lagrangepoint.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1. If a page/collector specializes in a single show, do you prefer it to be at the top of the listings as on my page?
2. Separate sections for dougas/gengas, good, bad, or meh?
3. I've divided my Gundam Wing sections into Characters and Mobile Suits (mecha). Would you prefer to see it divided into even more specific sections (Males/Females, Gundams, Regular Suits, etc)?

Sensei Question...

Paper or plastic : )

RePete

http://repete.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1. When you first visit my page what are you drawn to first and why? What is your first impression?
2. The layout of the frontpage of my gallery is quite crude with a hastily made banner and crude black background. Thinking of going for a complete colour and design overhaul of my gallery's frontpage, probably commissioning a custom pencil drawn banner and having a lighter coloured background. Would you suggest this a good idea and do you have any design idea's or tips?
3. Upon looking through my uploaded pieces, are there any images you believe should be rescanned? Are there any uploaded sets that you would like to see completely scanned and turned into an animated gif?

And the question for sensei:
What do you feel is the weakest part of my collection? (Don't worry, I won't be offended)

Cutiebunny

http://cutiebunny.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1) When you first visit my page what are you drawn to first? Why?
2) What do you think of the new layout? Do you have any suggestions to improve it?
3) How many items do you feel are necessary for a section to be split from a general listing? For example, I have four sketches currently viewable from an artist and they're all located in one of the original artwork categories. Should I give the artist their own section with these four items, or should I wait until I add more? I'm concerned that doing this too frequently causes too many categories to scroll through and want to keep these sections to a minimum.

Cutiebunny has no particular question for Sensei...

theultimatebrucelee - Only wants reviews from peeps who have not reviewed the gallery before! (Well... you'll for sure get one from me!)

http://lee.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

1.Have you been following anime seasons in recent years? If so, what are some of your favor series from past seasons? If not, what series have you watched recently?

2. At this point of your collecting career, do you have plan or interest to expand collection into more series or would you prefer to focus on your current trend? Are there any artwork from series, when given the chance you'd like to pursuit?

3. What are your general impressions when visiting my gallery? Is there any item that would trigger a revisit?

Question to Sensei: Given your extensive collecting experience, what do you foreseen of this hobby and collector group in 5 years? What are some significant changes you would predict?

Extra reviewers Quacker, Majinuub, and eyes0neme19 please get started on the galleries that have posted questions! I will be sending PM's shortly to those who have not posted or sent questions! Thanks!

Jadeduo
Last edited by Jadeduo on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:37 am, edited 12 times in total.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Cel Gallery Open HOUSE 2014! Starts TODAY!! Please send

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh man, I'm so behind with everything! I'll try to get back to you about this later today. I have plans to go to the Comic Market today...and depending on how crazy that is and how hot it turns out to be today (yesterday was cool with periodic rain) I'm not sure I'll have much energy once I get back home. But I will try. Otherwise, I will shoot for tomorrow. <3
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

No Problem! Thanks Rekka!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Added KinoLRB's questions!

Still got a half hour then I'm going to bed to pick this up in the morning!

Jadeduo
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Added a whole bunch new questions still waiting on a couple!

Thanks!
Jadeduo
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

RePete is added! Rekka WHERE ARE YOU! (Echoes)....

Thanks!
Jadeduo
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Is it ok to review them all :) ? I should be able to finish since it's only a few this year.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Perfectly fine if you wish I'm sure the curators will appreciate it! I only have two more to go I think myself we'll except for Rekka... *pokes Rekka*

Jadeduo
Punkxprince
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Punkxprince »

So, I have responded to everyone's questions via PM (except for Rekka) and I have recieved feedback from Jadeduo and eyes0neme19. If anyone has any other questions for me just let me know!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I'm slow this year ... haven't started yet ... give me the weekend. :coffee: (I still have my notes from 2008, when the open house took a month and had 38 galleries participating. That was a marathon that only the heartiest 2/3 of participants finished.)
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks Punkxprince! We appreciate it! You as well Sensei! I scheduled it so we would have three full weekends to complete the open house for those of us that work during the week have more time :) So we still have half of this week and all next and the weekend to get this done. Although I think I will be finishing, this, this weekend! Super excited! ^_^

Jadeduo
*pokes Rekka* Questions? ^_~