After five years, Katrina makes an update!

Show off your stuff!
Katrina
Kishin - Fierce God

After five years, Katrina makes an update!

Post by Katrina »

After a long hiatus from purchasing anything cel related, I just uploaded two new fan cels to my gallery. The first jumps right back to my obsession with Sailor Uranus and her betrayal of Sailor Moon at the very end of Stars:
http://katrinasgallery.rubberslug.com/g ... mID=379615

The other is actually Greek mythology themed. I've been working on a novel about the gorgon sisters Euryale and Stheno, and got this for a bit of inspiration. Gotta say, it worked well:
http://katrinasgallery.rubberslug.com/g ... mID=379614

Both cels were made by Hyperenity. :)
Book + Baby
http://katrinasforest.blogspot.com My adventure of trying to write a novel with a newborn.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: After five years, Katrina makes an update!

Post by JWR »

Very nice work by Hyperenity
well worth the time between updates. :cheers
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

"Why don't any of the hot guys ever come over to my park bench and introduce themselves? Is it the fact that I'm holding an obviously sharp object loosely in my hands?"

"Oh. Silly me."

"It's because they turn to stone as soon as they look at me."

"I need to get a hijab..."

Pretty image: I like that there is so much personality in Ally's face and that it's not just a grotesque character design.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

both are very nicely done cels, I really like the green one alot!
Thanks For Sharing and Glad your back!!
:cheers
Katrina
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Katrina »

Thanks for the comments!
sensei wrote:"It's because they turn to stone as soon as they look at me."
Lol, after all the crap she's been through by that point in the story, if any guys did try to hit on her, she'd probably petrify them on purpose. ^_^
sensei wrote:I like that there is so much personality in Ally's face and that it's not just a grotesque character design.
Thank you. I wanted Allie's face to look basically human, but Hyperenity had the idea to add the shades of green around the neck and the green eyebrows. I thought it was a great touch. I love depictions of the gorgons that hint at what they might've looked like before their transformations. (My first comment on the new Clash of Titans was, "Oh, sure, the movie was awful, but didn't Medusa look awesome?")
Book + Baby
http://katrinasforest.blogspot.com My adventure of trying to write a novel with a newborn.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Your novel sounds interesting: I hope you finish it and get a good publisher. My daughter (who edits audio books) is very fond of stories in which mythological creatures turn up in contemporary urban settings. It is certainly true (as I used to stress in my mythology classes) that these stories take place simultaneously "in another place, another time" and right here and now. So it's totally fitting to think of gorgons walking in the park (with George).

Anyhow, welcome back and feel free to wander around chatter, which we could still use a lot more of.