Tarakatsuki Cels Updated

Show off your stuff!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: TARAkatsuki Cels Updated

Post by nowherekid85 »

frozentime wrote:Having one for every every episode would most likely make me just skip past it, but I think it's pretty cool to have it grouped by story arcs,
I've been guilty of skipping past those kinds of sections in the past too, more so for shows I wasn't familiar with. That was one of my concerns-people would look at the episode and title and not want to bother because they didn't remember what it was. Story arc is good too, and better when you have an anime as long as this one is lol.
sensei wrote:It might be helpful to put together a "series tour" that tries to state what is distinctive or special about each of these groups of episodes. I see you starting to do this with your titles -- "A Changing Relationship," "Fateful Night in Togenkyo," "Shiori Arc," etc. There seem to be an integrity about each of these, and it would be interesting to see your thoughts about how they stand out against the huge number of episodes, which for the beginning viewer tend to blur into each other. Or (simpler variation) use the gallery description to outline what holds these episodes together and what to watch for in individual items.
That's what I was thinking of doing, putting one longer summary in the gallery description, and edit the descriptions for individual cels.
sensei wrote: But your process has the advantage of making a given cel easy to locate -- if you know the series well! Overall, I tend to think that galleries with more than 24 items tend to "hide" nice items that are "after the fold" to adapt a journalistic term. A story "above the fold" or on the top half of a paper folded in half and put on a newsstand will be read more often than one that makes the front page but is "under the fold." I think the same is true of cels in RS galleries where you have to click to see "Next 24" (6, 12, 18, whatever). So keeping galleries visible in one glance is (IMHO) best, and your method works that way.
That was always one of my main concerns-do people prefer to view large galleries or would they rather have to click on different sections. Judging from the feedback from the last Open House, it seems like the majority prefer more sections with fewer cels. I do think that some of my really nice items get lost in the mix in my larger galleries, so I'm hoping that this method of organizing helps people spot and appreciate them more!

As of my last count, I have cels from 47 different episodes!!! 8O
I made a comment somewhere at some point about trying to get cels from every episode that was made with cels lol. Looks like I'm roughly halfway there!
I do have cels from every single episode from 90-99! Maybe I'll put those in one section, unless I find a way to divide them up. Depends how many there are though.

I won't be making sections for every single episode, unless it's a very significant episode or has a ton of cels from it alone. Sections based on some single episodes right now (existing sections as well as some I'm going to make within the next week) are set up like that to help separate them while I sort everything out and will probably turn into arcs if I get cels from neighboring episodes.
(One new section added this morning, with a total of 19 cels from episodes 83 & 84!)

It's still a huge work in progress right now, and a large number of my cels haven't been ID'd episode wise. The other morning I did watch a couple of episodes with the intent of finding a screenshot for a particular cel, and managed to find screenshots for 8 others lol. Go me!!

JD has been inspiring me to make my own website, which I will probably attempt to start working on at some point, hopefully in the near future...When I do that, I will probably have it set up in such a way so that you can view them by character or by episode, whichever you prefer!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Who me? :emb :emb :emb :emb

I've been cheering your updates all week, and you should totes break up your collection by ep and character! ^_^ That way peeps can browse the way they like! ^_^

Don't worry I haven't forgot about linking up our Fluffies I just haven't gotten to it yet! Lovely updates! ^_^

JD
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Jadeduo wrote:Who me? :emb :emb :emb :emb

I've been cheering your updates all week, and you should totes break up your collection by ep and character! ^_^ That way peeps can browse the way they like! ^_^

Don't worry I haven't forgot about linking up our Fluffies I just haven't gotten to it yet! Lovely updates! ^_^

JD
Yep my cheerleader lol! This reminds me, I need to link to your Fluffy. Going to do it now!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Tarakatsuki Cels Updated

Post by nowherekid85 »

nowherekid85 wrote:I figured I should probably actually post something for once. My RS gallery is less than a year old. Not sure exactly when I got my first cel. I just added 3 items today. I still have some fan cels that haven't made it up yet though. I love all of my cels though, each and every one of them!

Anyway, here's my gallery!
http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Ok so I also got one of my wishlist cels too!!!!

http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=397400
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! Sometimes it's the quirky scenes like these that are the most memorable and fun to own.