Tarakatsuki Cels Updated

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: TARAkatsuki Cels Updated

Post by sensei »

Quite a substantial update: your gallery is becoming a major archive for images from this series.

I like the way Kagome is holding on to Inuyasha in this cel. "See! Women aren't the only ones who have breasts!"

While your naked Kagome is lovely and a very strong addition to your gallery, I'm also fond of the cel of her preparing to shoot an arrow. That's one that shows keen attention to posing, anatomy, and archery.

Don't know whatKagura has in her hand but I bet it can be made to hurt somebody.

Nice diversity of characters and situations. Thanks for sharing.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

sensei wrote: I like the way Kagome is holding on to Inuyasha in this cel. "See! Women aren't the only ones who have breasts!"
Lol Sensei, I think of that every time I look at this cel now! Thanks for the compliments on my gallery :)

I'm partially through my major update of all the cels I've gotten recently. I managed to get an amazing killer deal from somebody on a HUGE lot of cels, and I think I've managed to get about half of them up so far, over the past month. I finally got one of my big movie pan cels of Sesshomaru posted this morning, and a nice opening pan cel of Kagome plus some other great ones!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Gah!! I have no idea what is new or not, I am so behind! *cries*

However I must say I want to take this from you and lock it away!

http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=384624

*drools*

I might have a white/grey haired bishie problem!

JD
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Jadeduo wrote:Gah!! I have no idea what is new or not, I am so behind! *cries*

However I must say I want to take this from you and lock it away!

http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=384624

*drools*

I might have a white/grey haired bishie problem!

JD
Lol it's ok, I have a problem too! :P That's a very droolworthy cel! :love:

Finally finished updating, with a few new ones over the past couple weeks or so. Just put up my cel of Bankotsu fighting Inuyasha, from the 4th opening!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LOL! Silver haired bishies! YUM! :flasher: *feeling pervy!* 3:)

Those fight cels you have added are quite nice especially the OP cel, also I love the Koga/Yasha fight cel ^_^ Great update! :yay :yay

JD
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Nice additions! I love your OP cels from Grip and Angelus. Even though by this time the animation had switched to digital, it's interesting to note that the openings were still being done with cels.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Jadeduo wrote:LOL! Silver haired bishies! YUM! :flasher: *feeling pervy!* 3:)

Those fight cels you have added are quite nice especially the OP cel, also I love the Koga/Yasha fight cel ^_^ Great update! :yay :yay

JD
It's all about the silver hair and doggie ears to me lol!!!! I updated maybe half a dozen times since I last posted on this thread, and I can't remember exactly which ones were added since then, but there are just so many good ones I put up lately I could never pick a fave!! Maybe I could narrow it down to the one where he's holding Tessaiga directly in front of his face, the Bankotsu/Inuyasha one, and the InuKag one called Don't Interrupt. :love:
KinoLRB wrote:Nice additions! I love your OP cels from Grip and Angelus. Even though by this time the animation had switched to digital, it's interesting to note that the openings were still being done with cels.
Thanks! Actually, I am pretty sure that Inuyasha was done with cels up to episode 99. The 4th opening starts at episode 96, I think, so it was cutting it really close!. Bankotsu doesn't appear in the anime until episode 103, so the only cels of him are going to be from this opening, and I got one!! :jump
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Wow, quite a few beautiful new additions!! Did all those come in at a similar time, or was there some scaner queueing?
sensei

Post by sensei »

:cheers

While the OP cel is clearly a major addition, I personally am fond of this cel of Inuyasha. Cels with "sharp" dividing lines appeal to me also.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

frozentime wrote:Wow, quite a few beautiful new additions!! Did all those come in at a similar time, or was there some scaner queueing?
I forget exactly which ones got added after my last announcement on here back in April, since I did some rearranging of their order, but the cels did come from a few different sources over time. I normally get them scanned within a day or two after I get the cel, but it might take up to a week or so after that before it goes on RS. The ones I know the episode number for usually make it up last, while I try to find time to get the screenshot.

Agreed Sensei, it's a very sharp cel!!
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Wow, that is one heck of an Inuyasha collection!! I especially like this one:
http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=384075

Thanks for sharing! :D
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

lunacels wrote:Wow, that is one heck of an Inuyasha collection!! I especially like this one:
http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=384075

Thanks for sharing! :D
Thanks, me too! They look so sweet together!

A few updates over the past few months, and I still have cels that have yet to be added. A good amount of my recent additions have episode titles and descriptions, so I'm hoping that my little summaries are helping people out when viewing my cels. That was one of the main suggestions from my open house feedback.

Should I put even more information than what I've been adding? I've also gone through cels that I added long ago to add summaries to them as well.

It was also suggested that I might want to make sections devoted to specific episodes. I hadn't really planned on doing that, but more recently discovered that for some episodes, such as 19 and 68, I have about 4-6 cels from each episode alone. Do you think it would be preferable to devote sections to the episodes that I have several from? As they are currently divided among my sections, by character.

Anyway, hope my updates are an improvement!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I added some new ones in the past month and finally made some episode sections. The episode sections have between 5-10 cels each.

So does anybody actually like the episode sections? Any opinions on it? I wanted to do it like this but also didn't want to, since I liked having some of these cels in sections based on character. I did want to group them by episode too though, so I'm giving it a try for now.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

For OVAs I often like to have them separated (especially since designs can change by eps), but for TV it is a little more complicated. Having one for every every episode would most likely make me just skip past it, but I think it's pretty cool to have it grouped by story arcs, or for changing in animation style of character designs. I don't have any issues with they way your site is subdivided for a series this long.
Last edited by frozentime on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sensei

Post by sensei »

It might be helpful to put together a "series tour" that tries to state what is distinctive or special about each of these groups of episodes. I see you starting to do this with your titles -- "A Changing Relationship," "Fateful Night in Togenkyo," "Shiori Arc," etc. There seem to be an integrity about each of these, and it would be interesting to see your thoughts about how they stand out against the huge number of episodes, which for the beginning viewer tend to blur into each other. Or (simpler variation) use the gallery description to outline what holds these episodes together and what to watch for in individual items.

For myself, I'm more apt to put together episode galleries when I have so many items that it is easier to describe them when they are part of a unit. This year I got several sketches from Tennimon Ep. 21, and at that point I felt that the numbers tipped the balance toward displaying them together rather than individually by character. I admit that this helps out the sketches more than the cels, but it made sense to me.

But your process has the advantage of making a given cel easy to locate -- if you know the series well! Overall, I tend to think that galleries with more than 24 items tend to "hide" nice items that are "after the fold" to adapt a journalistic term. A story "above the fold" or on the top half of a paper folded in half and put on a newsstand will be read more often than one that makes the front page but is "under the fold." I think the same is true of cels in RS galleries where you have to click to see "Next 24" (6, 12, 18, whatever). So keeping galleries visible in one glance is (IMHO) best, and your method works that way.

Just my 5 yen ("go-en" 五円, which sounds like a Japanese phrase that can mean "I give thee honor.")