Tarakatsuki Cels Updated

Show off your stuff!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Tarakatsuki Cels Updated

Post by nowherekid85 »

I figured I should probably actually post something for once. My RS gallery is less than a year old. Not sure exactly when I got my first cel. I just added 3 items today. I still have some fan cels that haven't made it up yet though. I love all of my cels though, each and every one of them!

Anyway, here's my gallery!
http://tarakatsuki.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Last edited by nowherekid85 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: TARAkatsuki Cels Updated

Post by Jadeduo »

Welcome nowherekid85! ^_^ What a bang you have a pretty AMAZING Inuyasha collection! I particularly love your Sesshies ^_^;; I have a thing for Anime Men with long hair. *sighs* I can't wait to see what you get in next!

:wave:
Jadeduo
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Very impressive gallery, the more so as you've managed to get copy and even original backgrounds for so many of your cels. The Sangos and Kagomes are lovely, and I love the ones that show Inuyasha somehow vulnerable as he visits Kagome's world. But my favorite is this very impressive movie-sized portrait.

This is a gallery I'd love to "hijack" if I can get my head around that project and what I'd need to do to bring it off.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

first of all, Welcome to AB!! we can always use new voices around here!
As far as your gallery, I have been watching your updates the past several months due to all the lovely cels
posted, very very nice collection!
:cheers
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Jadeduo wrote:Welcome nowherekid85! ^_^ What a bang you have a pretty AMAZING Inuyasha collection! I particularly love your Sesshies ^_^;; I have a thing for Anime Men with long hair. *sighs* I can't wait to see what you get in next!

:wave:
Jadeduo
Anime men with long hair are hot! Especially two dog demons in particular. :D Next in is going to be a Sesshy cel, which should have arrived yesterday but 2 day priority shipping has turned into 4+ day shipping so I won't be getting it until next week. :\
sensei wrote:Very impressive gallery, the more so as you've managed to get copy and even original backgrounds for so many of your cels. The Sangos and Kagomes are lovely, and I love the ones that show Inuyasha somehow vulnerable as he visits Kagome's world. But my favorite is this very impressive movie-sized portrait.

This is a gallery I'd love to "hijack" if I can get my head around that project and what I'd need to do to bring it off.
That's one of my favorites too. I'm so glad I was able to get it! I'm not quite sure what you mean by hijacking the gallery though!
teggacat wrote:first of all, Welcome to AB!! we can always use new voices around here!
As far as your gallery, I have been watching your updates the past several months due to all the lovely cels
posted, very very nice collection!
:cheers
Aw, glad to see I have a watcher lol! There will be some more coming, and I still have some fan cels and sketches that I have to get around to posting.

I need to update the pictures for some of my earlier scans to make them look better and I'm determined to find screenshots for as many as possible. If anybody sees something and knows the episode number and I haven't mentioned it for that cel, feel free to let me know!

Thanks guys! :D
sensei

Post by sensei »

nowherekid85 wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by hijacking the gallery though!
Gomen. It's an idea that I played around with in this thread where I'm looking for something interactive to do with other curators. I'd like to do some kind of "alternative tour" of another gallery that would maybe identify a thread or a distinctive appeal that I see in it that isn't at first obvious to visitors. (Example: You have a really nice genga of Bankotsu with the episode animation director's rough in the thumbnail that I'm itching to point out is a terrific original sketch by Shoko Ikeda (character designer and chief animation director, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).

But I need to finish the semester and deal with Christmas panics and catch up with delayed projects before I can really think about how I'm going to do this.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

nowherekid85, I am so excited now! ^_^ I can't wait to see him... I used to have one Sesshy, and one Yasha years ago but they were let go in favor of most likely the Yue/Toya cel... *coughs* We all know how I feel about that one ^_^

And you should totally join the Guest Curator event once Sensei works out the details! I am definitely in! ^_^

Also since you have more sketches coming too, come and join the sketch contest I am working out the schedule now, but I think I will start taking entries on January 1st!

JD
:jump
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Welcome to A-B Nowherekid (though you have not been 'properly' welcomed until Sensei breaks out his "magical dancing bananas").

Thank-you for inviting us to wander through your rather impressive 'Inuyasha' centric gallery. Your collection contains some awesome gems, so much so that it is hard to discern & nominate a clear favourite. For me, the Sangos & Inuyasha/Kagome cels are the standouts.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Sensei-that sounds like a cool idea. I'll have to catch up on the thread you have on that! I looked at your gallery too just now, and this Inuyasha cel... *sigh* that is such a great action shot of him, especially with the hat. I have a thing for his hat. I even made the hat.
Jadeduo wrote: And you should totally join the Guest Curator event once Sensei works out the details! I am definitely in! ^_^
Also since you have more sketches coming too, come and join the sketch contest I am working out the schedule now, but I think I will start taking entries on January 1st!

JD
:jump
Hopefully I'll be able to join both of them then. I found the thread you have on that so I'll try and keep up with that too. I know there was some cel contest that I had just missed out on recently too.

And I'm happy to say, Sesshy FINALLY arrived, late and in a box damaged by the USPS, but he survived somehow, and I just added him to my gallery.

Quacker-magical dancing bananas? :O
I could never pick a favorite out of my cels. Some of the Inu/Kag ones are my top favorites, but for Inuyasha himself, I think my faves would have to be his other forms, like the youkai cels and that oversize human Inuyasha, and the movie cel. And of course, the ones with that hat, because it's all about the hat lol. :love:
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

The Magical dancing bananas are AMAZING!

I look forward to as many people as possible joining the conversation as possible I am eagerly awaiting your entry when it opens! Also can't wait to see your New Sesshy!

Yum!
JD
sensei

Post by sensei »

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: 'roll :dban :dban :dban :dban :dban :dban :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Sorry ... it's the end of the semester and I'm dealing with Jingle Cringle comen down fast at the same time. I'll get up a proper set of dancing bananas pretty soon.
that is such a great action shot of him, especially with the hat. I have a thing for his hat. I even made the hat.
I love the hat, and the fact that no one can see that he's a half-yokai in feudal costume so long as he's wearing it. I'll never have many IY cels, and the sketches are getting increasingly hard to find. But oddly enough I have exactly the ones I wanted, and I learned a lot about what makes good animation good from the sketch sets I was able to get when they were more common on YHJ.

Thanks for sharing and bearing with our eccentricities. More as I have energy (and I need to put up my "Review of 2014 too ... sigh ... :coffee:)
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

I'm a little late to the magical dancing banana party, but welcome to Beta Nowherekid. :) Your Inu-collection is absolutely amazing, one of the finest I've seen on RS. And congratulations on your shiny new Sesshy cel. I look forward to future updates.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Aw thanks Kino! :D

I did add some more, a couple of sketches, a fancel of Bankotsu, and some cels. One having what is probably my most beautiful original background. With this update, I have 80 cels in my section of Inuyasha himself...I might be slightly obsessed.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I just had to update again a day later, because what's better than receiving cels on your birthday?! A fun one of Inuyasha with Miroku and Shippo is added along with a couple of others.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Bigger update this time, as I finally had the chance to catch up on scanning and posting some cels.
Some sketches from the Inuyasha Commercial, a few pan cels, a Yu Yu Hakusho sketch (surprise, a new show in my gallery!), another Sesshy, a naked Kagome, plus some other great ones!