First update of the new year. Vintage Disney Donald Duck +BG

Show off your stuff!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

First update of the new year. Vintage Disney Donald Duck +BG

Post by star-phoenix »

Here is a wonderful addition to my collection. This is a super rare cel set up with original pan production background from the animated short Donald's ostrich that dates back to 1937. This is an all original condition with the background included. A super rare find, specially to be able to find a piece with the original background from the cartoon.

http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=381924
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: First update of the new year. Vintage Disney Donald Duck

Post by ToriPagac »

that is amazing! i love donald thanks for sharing.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

I can remember watching & enjoying that short 25+ years ago when I was just a young'un!

Congratulations on the Wonderful acquisition to your art collection SP, I cannot think of a more deserving gallery than yours such a treasured Disney item should belong in.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

Such a beautiful set up and find! I remember this episode...seems so long ago..
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Everytime you update Star-Phoenix it is always a treat! That is a super cool Donald Duck Cel, and apparently ginormous!!! Just for curiosity's sake, how are you storing that sucker?

JD
:multi
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

For now, he is stored in a very long shipping box (wrapped in acid free materials of course) along with a couple other large pieces until I transport the art to our new house in a couple months. Then, I plan to build a custom frame for it. It is definitely a frame worthy piece and far more impressive in person than what you see in pictures. It is very rare to find the large pan backgrounds, and they are often times either used multiple times in the cartoon or in multiple action shots, or are the preliminary master backgrounds. But, these are generally kept in the Disney "vaults" for several years after the film is completed before the animators (or someone that is affiliated with the studio somehow) is allowed to take it home.