Is anyone else having issues with Rubberslug?

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Is anyone else having issues with Rubberslug?

Post by sensei »

nowherekid85 wrote:Ithen I started working on the next person's entries, which were a much larger file size, and that's when it stopped working right
That might be the issue. If the images aren't limited to 550 px. maximum on the longest side, then the site has to resize them. That might be where the process is hanging up. If you are able to upload images normally to your site, and other collectors are doing so (I see Kittyfire has more recently uploaded), then it's likely an issue with the images you're trying to upload. Are they all .jpg, for instance? RS supposedly takes .gif, but I think I recall people having trouble even with this.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

sensei wrote:
nowherekid85 wrote:Ithen I started working on the next person's entries, which were a much larger file size, and that's when it stopped working right
That might be the issue. If the images aren't limited to 550 px. maximum on the longest side, then the site has to resize them. That might be where the process is hanging up. If you are able to upload images normally to your site, and other collectors are doing so (I see Kittyfire has more recently uploaded), then it's likely an issue with the images you're trying to upload. Are they all .jpg, for instance? RS supposedly takes .gif, but I think I recall people having trouble even with this.
It seems to be working now for the most part lol. I think I forgot to mention earlier that I was resizing their photos too. They were all .jpg as well. I was also having trouble uploading pictures that I had uploaded in the past to test them and they weren't working. But I think the issue was the files themselves.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Tried to find an old Rubberslug is down thread, this was the only I could find with more than one post. Looks like the who site is down... If anyone has Jason's contact info to give him a heads up that would be good...

Very sad it was working this morning.

Getting this error now:

No route to host

Description: No route to host
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Just thought I'd use the same thread as before...I'm unable to upload images using any browser...just me?

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

jenn-b wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:54 am Just thought I'd use the same thread as before...I'm unable to upload images using any browser...just me?
I have been having the same issue for several days. It just stalls out now, but it did say something like data was full.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Jason has been notified via the RS/Beta Facebook group. I see that a similar periodic problem occurred a few weeks ago.
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

It’s currently working again now without any issues so far. :)
sensei

Post by sensei »

Went down again on Monday midday, rather suddenly as I was doing some routine maintenance (nothing more than browsing and copying info for my steadily growing complete inventory of my collection, now in the douga counting stage). Still down this morning. Jason has been notified.
sensei

Post by sensei »

At noon on Tuesday, Feb. 18 Rubberslug was back working normally.

Edit: it was responding very slowly later that afternoon, but finally connected and afterwards behaved itself.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Using this thread again...I'm trying to upload some images and cannot do so...I keep getting a massive error thread...

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
sensei

Post by sensei »

I have not been uploading of late, but as of this morning Rubberslug and RS: My Account were both displaying normally. Is it an issue of the size of the image? RS does upload images wider than 550 px wide, but it then has to process them to display with the 550 px default. There have been times when I've accidentally tried to upload the original maximum size scan rather than the chibi version, and I've gotten an error message as a result.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Update: people on the RS/AB Facebook page report a similar issue. I also tried to change the banner on my home page and got an error message. Jason has been notified. More as I know it.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Jason serviced the picture upload function earlier tonight and at 11 PM it was behaving normally.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I can't login to my account on RS. I want to update my gallery.

Does anyone know how to contact RS? I keep trying to contact them but it won't go through my message.

I feel like at this point I will just have to make a new account :x
sensei

Post by sensei »

I message him on Facebook, which he uses often. If you visit the FB group "RubberSlug & AnimeBeta" you will see his posts ("Jason Nolasco") and then you can click on his name and send a message. (Might have to friend him first; he doesn't bite or send spam.) Good luck!