Gallery Finally Open!

Show off your stuff!
MoonPrincess89

Gallery Finally Open!

Post by MoonPrincess89 »

Hi everyone! My gallery is finally open on Rubberslug: http://sailormooninfinity.rubberslug.co ... y/home.asp

Please check it out when you get a chance. I appreciate any feedback you have. Hopefully I'll have everything uploaded by end of June
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Gallery Finally Open!

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to RS and Beta. You have a nice selection of Sailor Moon cels.

Maybe you'd like to participate in the Open House offering we'll have later this summer? It might be something you'd enjoy and perhaps get some ideas to incorporate into your gallery :)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Welcome to Rubberslug and welcome to Beta! I hope these visits are the first of many. I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection and the contexts/comments as you have time to fit them in. A gallery should be a work in progress, and so even when I'm not updating, I'm looking for some way to improve or enhance my galleries. Work at a speed that's comfortable, as people will value your gallery over the long haul, and not just during its first weeks.

You do have an interesting collection of cels, with a personal edge that keeps it from being random. Do you feel a closeness to Naru? I know collectors who develop a deep feeling of kinship to certain characters in this and other series. This cel, too, seems very elegant to me -- smooth, flowing, and yet dramatic. This one also is very arresting in its use of darkness for dramatic effect.

Heh. The background for your Sailor Venus Bank Cel comes from Tonde Buurin. I have one that is nearly its mate but a darker color. I think these were made to "flicker" among each other for effect.

Thanks for sharing, and happy hunting ahead!
MoonPrincess89

Post by MoonPrincess89 »

Thanks! And possibly, what is the Open House and what does it entail?
MoonPrincess89

Post by MoonPrincess89 »

Thanks sensei! I tend to be drawn to cels where the characters are very emotional or where the scene itself is a pivotal moment. I do like Naru, I guess if I ever had to cast myself in a magical girl anime I would be the "friend" always in the mix of what's going on but never quite 100% in the know as to what's going on lol. Plus I admire her pluckiness. She is constantly getting attacked etc. but never gets down over it. If I was her I'd Have to seriously reevaluate my friendship with Usagi since all these horrible things seem to happen to me when I'm hanging around with her.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

MoonPrincess89 wrote:Thanks! And possibly, what is the Open House and what does it entail?
Here's the link to get you started - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30647

In short, members sign up to visit each other's galleries. Gallery owners might pick a couple of questions such as "What do you think about my layout?" and as a reviewer, you answer them. It's a good way to get insight into how to improve or modify your gallery, and by visiting other galleries, you might get ideas as to how you'd like to change your layout, presentation and things of that nature. For example, a lot of people usually come away with wanting to write more detailed commentary on each item presented in their gallery.

I like Naru as well. Her Japanese seiyuu is super sweet and is married to the seiyuu for Piccolo from Dragonball Z. If he ever appears at a convention, he always brings her along. If you're one for conventions and he's a guest, I recommend going to meet him. I have yet to meet an unfriendly seiyuu.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi MoonPrincess89!

I am so sorry I've missed this! Always great to add new Sailor Moon Collectors to the fold. And Sensei and Cutie are completely right you should definitely join the Open House this year in August! It looks like there will be quite a few SM collectors participating this year, and I got lots of good suggestions. Of course getting around to them when you have a gallery the size I do makes it hard, but I found it immensely helpful!

Also... I would, might possibly kill for this... :dlook :dlook :dlook
http://sailormooninfinity.rubberslug.co ... mID=385942

I was also sad to see I missed this, in one of our fellow collectors offer periods. I was going to send a PM and forgot! LOL, so I am glad it went to a good home! And from your gallery it looks like you have a weakness for Sailor Moon S
http://sailormooninfinity.rubberslug.co ... mID=385959

Keep updating!
JD
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Hi MoonPrincess :)

Welcome to Beta!

My apologies for the late welcome, but congratulations on creating a lovely gallery. We'd be happy to have you at the Open House. :)