Post AX 1 item update

Show off your stuff!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post AX 1 item update

Post by JWR »

While at Anime Expo this year I took delivery of an item I had been looking for a very long time. In 1999 Volks Japan produced a large resin statue of the Goddess Belldandy and her angel Holy Bell from the manga & anime Ah My Goddess. They only produced 3000 of them world wide but only 100 in the 1st year run in Japan. They come unassembled in a custom wooden box and must be assembled to be displayed. The one a friend who had been helping me search over the years is #41.
[url=http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/jwr10 ... 2.jpg.html]Image
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Post AX 1 item update

Post by Keropi »

Wow, that's pretty nice! It's pretty large too.

So you already had a case to put it in?
JWR

Post by JWR »

Keropi wrote:Wow, that's pretty nice! It's pretty large too.

So you already had a case to put it in?
Well I did need to take out a shelf and rearrange that display case to fit her in. That will keep her safe till I can build a proper display for just this piece.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yow! That is an impressive sculpture. In the high mannerist mode, unless I'm mistaken. (El Greco would look at it a long time, then think about doing an wild and wooly "Annunciation of the Virgin" in the same style for an altarpiece in some well-patronized Spanish church.)
JWR

Post by JWR »

sensei wrote:Yow! That is an impressive sculpture. In the high mannerist mode, unless I'm mistaken. (El Greco would look at it a long time, then think about doing an wild and wooly "Annunciation of the Virgin" in the same style for an altarpiece in some well-patronized Spanish church.)
Last year and currently the put out a smaller vinyl version but to keep cost down neglected to place a rod inside the figure and they trend to list to starboard after being displayed under normal lighting in a case.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

That's lovely, JWR! I didn't realize that Volks made anything but BJDs. Congrats on finding something you've been after for years - that must be incredibly satisfying and thrilling for you!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Beautiful Holybell, I love those glossy wings. Back In 2011 Volks did a recolor release of this, but in polystone, which is this ridiculously fragile material and In my opinion inferior to this original coldcast version. Congrats on getting this original release which is not only quite beautiful but also incredibly rare nowadays.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Thanks All.

In the past 10 years I had a few attempts to purchase one, all had fallen thru with either the seller having second thoughts and deciding to keep it or turned out to be a scam. So finally i have one in the 1st 100 made and we are very pleased as one can imagine.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

She's gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

ReiTheJelly wrote:She's gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
My thoughts exactly :^^: .
JWR

Post by JWR »

Thanks Rei , Majinuub

Yes it is quite a work of art.