MajinTangerine
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: MajinTangerine Vegeta Cel new background

Post by MajinTangerine »

lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Very nice! That background really highlights the cel. Is it a Dragon Ball background, or from another series?

I've always maintained that the cels themselves tell only half the story, so I usually spend a lot of time sourcing backgrounds or photoshopping screen shots. It's a great feeling to find one that pairs well. Congratulations, you have a beautiful piece of artwork there! :cheers
MajinTangerine
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by MajinTangerine »

lunacels wrote:Very nice! That background really highlights the cel. Is it a Dragon Ball background, or from another series?

I've always maintained that the cels themselves tell only half the story, so I usually spend a lot of time sourcing backgrounds or photoshopping screen shots. It's a great feeling to find one that pairs well. Congratulations, you have a beautiful piece of artwork there! :cheers
Thanks very much! And I agree 100%, backgrounds really add to the story of a cel

The background is not correct, but it is a dragonball background, and it is from the Majin Vegeta vs. Goku fight, so technically it works haha! :)
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Ha, you did say that earlier--apparently I was out to lunch! (I had a laparoscopy on Thursday, and apparently my postop pain regimen has turned me into an airhead.)

I wish more backgrounds from the series I collect would make it to market. I never understood why they are so hard to find. Perhaps Toei just tossed most of them? It's such a shame, given the artistry that went into their creation. I tried to take up watercolor to make my own, but that experiment ended quickly! :emb
MajinTangerine
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by MajinTangerine »

You're fine:) I might not have said that earlier haha :)

And I know! Original backgrounds for toei series, and any seem to be scarce! I thought about that too, and I think what happened is since each sequence used the same background, that the background went with the first cel they sold :(

I've taken painting classes in my college curriculum and I just can't replicate the perfection of the original backgrounds. They are simply amazing!