My adventures in Fatal Fury collecting

Show off your stuff!
LWK
Anime Geek

My adventures in Fatal Fury collecting

Post by LWK »

I am a purist, I only collect cels from Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu. I currently have ten more on the way, and another two I will be paying for in about two weeks time. I collect anything relating to these three anime's, the two ova's and the movie. It can be the most minor thing, it just has a special meaning to me.

Anyways, I opened my gallery in 2002, the first cel I got just hooked me on collecting. I specifically look for ANY cels of Wolfgang Krauser, no matter how damaged, nothing is off limits to me as a collector for Fatal Fury, I guess I am sort of nuts like that. :D I redid my gallery as my old rubberslug one just stopped working for logging in, it was fine, and I like the new one more.

I just recently repaired some cels from a old set of Krauser cels I got. The tops were cut and reapplied with cels that were just raw trace lines from other series, and I removed those lines and reapplied the tops, even tried to keep to the standard 9 inch high measurement.

Anyways, the new gallery is up and being updated at: http://www.lwk.rubberslug.com Thanks for reading!
Last edited by LWK on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Fatal Fury Gallery: www.lwk.rubberslug.com

My email for selling me Fatal Fury cels: lwkusa@hotmail.com
LWK
Anime Geek

Re: My Fatal Fury Gallery

Post by LWK »

Update: I should be uploading pictures of about 10 new cels I am receiving within the next few days :badass . I got at least six arriving today.

Cels are here. Wow, two of them have trace pull damage on the front. Sacrificed some corrective lines, Andy is looking good, now I just need to paint some hands for him, because it is a really cool cel of him, but the hands didn't make it with the purchase. Be damn careful with isopropyl alcohol while doing repairs, it is easy to forget topside corrective trace lines. All these cels also had the sketches stuck, of all six only one gave me brutal trouble to remove.

LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Major update on my gallery. 4 more cels going up tonight!

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Congrats on some great finds LWK!

I quite adore the Terry movie cel the most so pretty and sad at the same time.

Keep it up! :bounce :bounce
LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Thanks! BTW, I sent you a email with some awards submissions.

Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Don't really know the series, but awesome new updates.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Comprehensive collection there, LWK- nice work. I like your dedication to just one anime, that must take a lot of restraint in itself. I've voted on your site too so I hope you get a rating soon.
I liked the colour settei, it's nice to have something like that in a collection because it's rare memorabilia you'd never get to see on-screen- especially with Obari's signature in the corner! Looking forward to your new artwork updates.
I have some Fatal Fury genga artwork from various scenes too, when I get it scanned I may come to you for some help in identifying the characters/scenes, is that OK?
Out of the gloom a voice said unto me;
"Smile and be happy, things could be worse".
So I smiled and was happy
and behold;
things did get worse...
LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Totally will ID it for you, I've watched these anime's almost religiously, shouldn't have any trouble. I can even identify some characters who only appear in a alley scene who never speak a word, as they have a appearance in a different SNK series. It is difficult collecting for only one series specifically. Cels do pop up, but I do have competition, and I pride myself specifically as a collector of Wolfgang Krauser cels. He's by far my favorite SNK character design, I based my nickname after him, and it goes back at least 14 years.

Thanks for the vote also! I have two more cels coming in this weekend, and just secured three more cels, for a total of five.. One is a good side shot of Andy, and also one of Krauser with a original production background. That'd make three of Krauser with production backgrounds for my collection.. I literally scour the net searching for anything from this series.

lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

It's great to see another collector from the early era! I'm right there with you--got out for a while and came back to it last year. Your collection is really nice, though I've never seen the anime. Looking forward to seeing any future additions! :D
LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

I have some good news, I secured a BEAUTIFUL cel of Krauser in his castle, along with two others. Those being Andy and Tony. All three have matching douga's! Pictures by the seller, better res to come in a while for my site.
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG (27.39 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
$_121.JPG
$_121.JPG (27.32 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
$_1222.JPG
$_1222.JPG (23.62 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Andy cel, excellent scene and a sequence mate. I am consider just buying some cel sheets and just painting my own arms as a separate layer. Especially seeing as I now have the effect layer.
1.jpg
1.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Awesome Terry cel, from the Sulia death scene.
2.jpg
2.jpg (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
This cel of Tony is unfilmed. The crowd acts as a separate layer, and Tony brushes through it, in the original scene there is a larger guy next to another guy in the foreground. Strangely enough, the douga belongs to that cel. Makes sense, probably crudely stacked by the studio. Tony walks behind them, that cel is behind the larger guy in filming, so it was never seen. To cool. This is the only cel I've gotten that is like this.
3.jpg
3.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

Two more in next posts, all pictures not taken by me, higher resolution to come when I get them.
Last edited by LWK on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Tony cel with crowd shown full view:
3a.jpg
3a.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (23.25 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

LWK
Anime Geek

Re: My adventures in Fatal Fury collecting

Post by LWK »

My recent acquisitions. Yes.. That is Duck King and Jamin. You never see cels of them. Duck has one scene in the entire series, and I couldnt have asked for a cooler cel of him. I have never seen a Jamin close up personally! =))))
Duck.jpg
Duck.jpg (94.15 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Jyamin.jpg
Jyamin.jpg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Jyamin2.jpg
Jyamin2.jpg (94.66 KiB) Viewed 1650 times

LWK
Anime Geek

Re: My adventures in Fatal Fury collecting

Post by LWK »

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I finally found a cel of Billy. First one I've ever seen for sale, and got it from a great guy for 23$ =)
billy.JPG
billy.JPG (115.03 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
devilman666ok-img600x338-1402829645aluzj63071.jpg
devilman666ok-img600x338-1402829645aluzj63071.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
600x496-2015102500060.jpg
600x496-2015102500060.jpg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 1627 times