Holy Grail Update!! Disney Peter Pan Art

Show off your stuff!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Holy Grail Update!! Disney Peter Pan Art

Post by star-phoenix »

I FINALLY got a chance to update my Mary Blair Holy Grail piece. I spent several years in search for the perfect Mary Blair concept art and I finally found it. It is also one of the nicest pieces I have ever seen in person and one of the largest Mary Blair pieces I have seen. The detail on this piece is just breath-taking and is a perfect display of Mary Blair's color style. In case some do not know, Mary Blair is one of the most famous and influential women that ever worked with Walt Disney. And this was during a time when women were not viewed as significant artists and contributes in the work place. She began work initial with Ub Iwerk (the creator of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit), and then joined Walt Disney in 1940 during World War II. There, she worked on several big films such as Cinderella, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, and helped to design Disney's Small World exhibition for his theme parks (if I am not mistaken, that attraction opened up in 1967 . . . .).

http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=393060
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Holy Grail Update!! Disney Peter Pan Art

Post by sensei »

Congratulations! That is a wonderful piece, interesting in both subject and technique. I appreciate that if you click on the image, you can get a larger one to pop up, which gives a clearer view of the piece. And the presentation adds yet another layer of intriguing history to the art. A fine, museum-quality addition to your priceless collection.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Holy hell! That is one fantastic piece! Amazing pick up, Star!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Beautiful!! I'm sure it's one of those pieces of art that really needs to be see in person to fully appreciate it.
JustVan
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by JustVan »

Holy cow, what an amazing piece. That's the sort of thing I'd hang on my wall as just a print. I can't imagine having the original... Congrats! Whatever it cost you I am sure it was worth it.
JustVan's Cels: Unico, Escaflowne, Ranma ½, DBZ & more.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Stunning! I'm a huge fan of Mary Blair, and it's so exciting to see such a wonderful piece in your collection. Congratulations!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Thanks all! I am still dancing with happiness I found this! I have been searching for "the one" for over 8 years. I was originally looking to get an Alice in Wonderland piece. But, when I saw this, I completely changed my mind.
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by earl »

I am incredibly jealous. I love Mary Blair concept art. I've watched some of it go by and it's always way, way out of my price range. This is one of my favorites (large image):

http://i.imgur.com/YyqJtk7.jpg

I love her style. :D Congrats on the acquisition!
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

That is absolutely incredible! I'm so happy you were able to make this acquisition, and thank you for sharing it with us! :hello
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'm late to the party, but congratulations!