Wishlist Cel Acquired!

Show off your stuff!
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Wishlist Cel Acquired!

Post by earl »

I'm a big Don Bluth fan. While there are some of his films that I focus on more than others, I've been trying to get at least a few things from each. Banjo The Woodpile Cat (a less than 30 minute long short and the first thing Bluth's company produced) is not one I have focused on... but I knew that whatever I did purchase from it needed to be really special. Well... I found it. It is literally the very last frame of the short film. As this frame is shown, the film ends and it transitions to credits. Unfortunately it did not come with the original background. However, it is a production background from the film (which are not common on their own). Because it is the last frame (and all motion stops), all the characters are on a single cel layer. Below is a scan and a screenshot. It's difficult to get a good screenshot because of the transition to credits.

Scan:

Screenshot:
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Wishlist Cel Acquired!

Post by KinoLRB »

Congrats on acquiring such a rare and beautiful piece. So cool that it's the last frame.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Many congratulations! This will always be a very special cel for you. Thanks for sharing it and the interesting screen cap.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Congratulations!