Gallery is Finally Open!

Show off your stuff!
halzacar

Gallery is Finally Open!

Post by halzacar »

Hey everyone!

I realized that I never actually opened up my gallery when I scanned the bulk of my sketches in. So here it is:

http://halzacar.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

I still have to scan a handful of Spice & Wolf sketches, a couple FMA sketches, a Ruroni Kenshin cel, and re-scan all of my CCS cels and sketches. That'll be for a future update, though.

Let me know what you think!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Gallery is Finally Open!

Post by JWR »

Nice to see that you have been able to get some of your artwork up. Thank you for sharing your collection.

You mentioned that you thought some of your sketches might appear "washed out", Those I clicked on can be viewed fine.
one trick I found is to place a black sheet behind your sketches when scanning, that seems to make them scan better. My current Mustek scanner has a black lid cover but my older epson scanner had a white lid and I found using that trick helped a lot.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
halzacar

Post by halzacar »

Thanks! I'll give that a shot when I scan the rest of them.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I like the Inuyasha sketch!
As far as the washed out sketches, I thought they looked fine too. When I scan mine, they always look washed out, but I edit them in PS to make them look a lot better and visible. Haven't heard of the black sheet trick before.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Great gallery! Love the FMA sketches! :)
halzacar

Post by halzacar »

Thanks everyone!

The sketches that look really nice were scanned by other people. My scanner loses a lot of color when it scans. For example, this scan is supposed to have a lot more yellow and blue in it:

http://halzacar.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... mID=395303

I'm going to try the black paper trick. Hopefully it helps!