Been along time + new update!

Show off your stuff!
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Been along time + new update!

Post by Captain Haddock »

Hello all,

Just writing to say hi and to mark the fact i've actually had an update!

This doesn't happen very often given I only collect Akira and NS now (I lost bought an Akira cel in 2013!), so am still in the game, but with much a narrower focus.

So without further ado voila:

http://tmpc.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=399378

Certainly now the most ludicrously expensive cel in my collection, but it's a rare character and cels in general of NS are turning up less and less so I took the plunge when I could.

Hope you're all well, drop a reply if you'd like to say hi!

Tom
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Been along time + new update!

Post by JWR »

Very nice , love how the lighting highlights the red outfit against the paler red background.
Congrats :D
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Thanks JWR, yeah NS is a bit lush.

How're are things with Beta, I saw that most of the old mods have moved on (not that I can blame them, they'd been long in the job)?
JWR

Post by JWR »

Things lately have been a little quiet as it seems a lot of collecting has slowed a bit for a lot of people. Good thing is that there has been some new people joining recently.

Personally real life has been taking up a lot of my time , our parents are up in years with verious health issues , changes at work and keeping after our 5 furry children don't leave as much time for hobbies. Still making it to some cons including one coming up in Atlanta at the end of this month we will be at while visiting with my son who live there.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

JWR wrote:Things lately have been a little quiet as it seems a lot of collecting has slowed a bit for a lot of people. Good thing is that there has been some new people joining recently.

Personally real life has been taking up a lot of my time , our parents are up in years with verious health issues , changes at work and keeping after our 5 furry children don't leave as much time for hobbies. Still making it to some cons including one coming up in Atlanta at the end of this month we will be at while visiting with my son who live there.
I will be at Anime Weekend Atlanta!!! If you see Inuyasha with a 6 foot sword or Kenshin wandering around, it may be me lol. Feel free to say hi! :P
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Yeah that kind of affirms what I've seen on the bordes, and just in collecting. For instance there's a new NS collector out there and he's literally buying everything NS, I had to pounce the minute I saw the Anime Link update or he'd have beaten me to it! He even offered to buy some of mine, offering a very good deal, which none the less I politely turned down (Anything else maybe, but NS and Akira are too precious to me still).

I hear you on real life, it does have a habit of intruding upon hobbies. Good to hear your still going to cons though, it's important in so far as possible to keep a little window for yourself in your life. I think anyone would respect that.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

WOW - Gorgeous!! O_O
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

So I've been a bit more active lately, hence a little more activity on the boards on my part.

Anyway I've picked up a new NS piece and crossed off another Demon of Kimon. Enjoy:

http://tmpc.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=405428