Spring Gallery Refresh

Show off your stuff!
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Spring Gallery Refresh

Post by Captain Haddock »

So having got a new scanner I've been through and re-scanned most of my artwork just in time for the summer.

Most should now appear larger and perhaps a little crisper, and I've even managed to scan in a couple of sketches I missed off when they were done originally. This was mainly because these were stuck previously, but when it came to it appeared not so bad as first thought. Sometimes I think it's worth the risk, even if you damage the sketch a little, I mean if you don't it's just stuck forever so what have you got to lose? Obviously this should be weighed against is it likely to damage the cel (fine hair can be a real problem for this) or seriously damage the sketch, but well it's one of the judgement calls we as cel collectors have to make.

Some of the more eagle eyed amoungst you might have noticed that my gallery on occasion popped up recently as 'recently updated' in the RS homepage. This is mainly because of the quirks in RS in that about every 12-15 cels or so it insists upon not accepting your new image and reverting to the old one. I checked and they were definately under the 1mb limit so the only way around it was to scrap the whole record and start from scratch. About 95% of the time it's fine however.

I should add I've not done large pan cels for the principle reason they're at home at my parents in another city. If I can ever find a way to do them better I will do.

As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum the only things that are realistically going to grow in future are Akira and Ninja Scroll.

Anyhoo if you're bored, or not looked before here it is: http://tmpc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Kind regards,

Tom