Rubberslug moving

Show off your stuff!
Tsunami3k
Anime Geek

Re: Rubberslug moving

Post by Tsunami3k »

I'm with Startyde; these guys are rubbish. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help but let me know if there's anything you need.
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by noisywalruforgothislogin »

I'm attempting to just take ownership of the server this Saturday and do it myself (i.e. drive to other city, pick up server, drive back, figure out how to set it up at home until I can transfer stuff off it to cloud). I agree that they're doing a rubbish job -- they're family. I know it's a terrible excuse but that's why I've been limited in my ability to apply pressure. Sorry again about all this.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm sorry, Jason. I'm sure this is the last thing that you wanted to do on your weekend. I'm sure all of us really appreciate you following up and taking time out of your schedule to resolve this.

...But hey, if you wants that I should learn them a lesson while in Dallas for AnimeFest, let me know. I accept bribes in Pollo Campero chicken buckets! :badass

Also...you know, you could delay RS coming back online for a couple more weeks. It's been kinda nice not having JD pester me about updates. LOL
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hey! I resemble that remark...

I would be willing to host Bunny on my own site :) But she wouldn't be able to have long descriptions mostly cause I already have 80 Bajillion pages and I would only be able to give a page per category... :bawl

But then if we did that, just think, I COULD NAG MORE :dgrin
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Update: I'm making a ~300mi roundtrip pilgrimage tomorrow to collect the server and move it home. These shenanigans have gone on long enough! It may take a few days to get it working here still, but it's progress....
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Jason, you are truly and outstanding human being.
Minouche
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Minouche »

Thanks for keeping all of us update, really cool man ! :bounce
Again, and like everybody, if I can do anything...
"When you want it, you can do it. If you can't do it, you have to !"

Minouche, White mage part time
http://minouche.rubberslug.com
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Nah, you guy are all doing great. Nothing to be done right now other than send happy thoughts. Hug you pets, call your parents, and go enjoy your weekend while I work on this nerdy stuff.

I just got home from my quest to retrieve the server. I received the server, 500xp, and a faction boost with the tribe that worships ancient machines.

It might take me a few days, but I'm having Moar Internet Bits (TM) piped into my house to host this here until I can entirely move the rest of this to something more modern and cloud-ish like Amazon AWS (most of the images are already stored there but the actual code that runs the site was not).
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thank you, Jason, for your updates. As many of us have noted, that site has become a research source second to none in this field, with information that is much more specific, comprehensive, and helpful than what can be found on other sites. (Yes, the individual stand-alone websites are also well researched and presented, but the concentration of galleries and its searchability has made RS essential for collectors.) I hope that the move will make it more stable and perhaps provide a chance to complete some of the features that were talked about at the time of the last revision, but which were delayed for good reasons.
kwens
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by kwens »

Wow, still nothing after 15 days+... I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever see the light of day again.

I'm sorry to see you going through all this trouble Jason :cry:
I agree with Startyde ... this host kinda sucks. You deserve so much better for everything you've done so far !

*crossing fingers*
-K.

-----EDIT ----

I just read all the updates about you getting the server and all (I still had an old cached page at first and didn't see all the updates).
Thanks for the heads up man ! Sending positive thoughts your way :D !
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

The puppy was well petted over the weekend and instead of updating I went out drinking!! ^_^ :cheers

Thanks for taking the hit on the nerdy weekend things... :^^:
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Current status: moving about 800k files from old server to local backup. Current plan is to get the site backed up onto my local computer and run it from there while I figure out how to get it working 100% on the cloud. It'll take a little extra time but should make the other steps easier.
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Progress: galleries are back up but the main site is still down because of some configuration reason. Getting late so I'll pick this up tomorrow.
Eternal Wind
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Eternal Wind »

Thank you for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated!
This is my signature. Fancy, hey?
sensei

Post by sensei »

Thank you, Jason! RS really is a trove of information on animation that would be difficult to replicate anywhere else. There may be better designed standalone galleries, but the depth of years and collectors would be hard to beat. When I get back from BronyCon, I'll get to work on my 15th anniversary cel-ebriation.