Rubberslug moving

Show off your stuff!
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Rubberslug moving

Post by noisywalruforgothislogin »

Hey all, Rubberslug guy here.

Rubberslug's going to be down for a few days due to the physical server moving out of the data center that it lives at. Should be back around by Tuesday/Wednesday but you'll know when I know. Sorry for the lack of notice but I didn't get any notice either. Literally, a nice person said, "hey, Rubberslug is down" and I said "wut" and then I did network diagnostics that told me "where once this server stood is now a smoldering crater" and I said "wut" again.

That didn't make sense so I made a phone call asking if a meteor or a ninja attack or something hit the data center and my guy was like, "no, but we unplugged it because we're moving."

I said, "wut? why not you tell me last week? is this a surprise move? were meteor ninjas involved?"

So, yeah, it'll be a few days. It's all still there though. Sorry for lack of notice.

jn
Trudy
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Rubberslug moving

Post by Trudy »

Thanks for all you do!
Actively Collecting:
Escaflowne, Gokinjo Monogatari, Infinite Ryvius, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Looking for select cels from:
CardCaptor Sakura, Daria, Fushigi Yuugi, Gall Force, Gokinjo Monogatari, Gunsmith Cats, Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl, Kaito St. Tail, Magic Knight Rayearth, Oniisama E, Please Save My Earth, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Looking for production artwork from:
Ashita no Nadja, Full Metal Panic!, Juuni Kokki, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, NANA, Princess Tutu
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

LULZ... That is highly amusing... Ninjas... Well phew I was like I hadn't migrated all the sourcing info to my DB yet... I was worried it was all lost, glad all is all okay!

Well this lit my butt on fire I got to finish that and soon!
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Someone cast Meteor on the server's home... omg lol
kwens
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by kwens »

Thanks for the heads up... i was gettign worried :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Thank you, Jason! Everyone appreciates all you do for our collections to have an online home. How is RS doing, anyway? Does it need fundraising, or anything?
xiaolungbao

Post by xiaolungbao »

Awesome work Jason, thanks for all of your hard work. Love viewing the rubberslug galleries.
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ginta »

Thanks for keeping Rubberslug around. I use it to look at my animation art quickly so I don't have to get out all my cel books and stacks of settei. I have some Tenchi Muyou GXP genga to put up when it's back.

By the way, I noticed that only some of my gallery marmalade.rubberslug.com shows up on images.google.com no matter how I search. It seems to correlate roughly with many of the cels on the "popular" page. Is that because Google only likes those pages or what?
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Thank you for the update Jason, the platform is still so unique among art sites even in 2017, testament to your fine work over the last...what, 15 years now? Sheesh,
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

17 years in about a week! Ha, it's more just kinda sitting there, eating electrons. I'd be so happy if that would be my real day job but alas, it does not pay its own way. Regardless, was hoping that I'd run it until I can't.

Status update is that the servers are being set up today but mine is last since it's not business critical compared to the rest of the servers that live there. More when I know more.
xiaolungbao

Post by xiaolungbao »

Sweetness Jason! If we can help by giving money to you let us know! It is more than fair that we who benefit should help bear the burden too. Keep us posted. Merci!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Thanks for all your hard work, Jason.

Are you still in Texas? A couple of us are heading to AnimeFest in Dallas this August. Come and join. We'd be up for treating you to some peach cobbler.
xan

Post by xan »

Thank goodness, I thought rubberslug was gone forever
In Search Of Seichi

An anime cel gallery
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Oh man, I'd love me some peach cobbler but alas, I have to figure out why Rubberslug is still down among other things. They're taking their sweet time, that's for sure. I offered to go do desktop support myself (it's in Houston and I'm in Austin, about 150 miles away). Sorry for the delay, folks. As soon as I know something, you'll know.
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

This host kinda sucks haha. Sorry Jason.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer