Post by teggacat »

Thanks Jason Thanks Sensei you guys rock! :badass
RS appears fine now
D_Animation
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Rubberslug Up-or-Down Status

Post by D_Animation »

Hi guys

I’m trying to make a rubberslug account but I get an error every time I submit saying I need a verification key

I think it’s an issue with Captcha. I’ve tried on every platform and browser I have >.<

Any help please?

Thank you :)

Edit: also I posted this here cause you need a captcha to submit a ticket on rubberslug, which isn’t working either
D no function beer well without
Gallery: https://www.danimation-cels.com
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

First of all, Image welcome to Anime-Beta, D_Animation! Image We hope you enjoy the discussions here and have a chance to show off your pretties.

Second, sadly, this is a known issue, from what I understand an artifact of the overall obsolescence of the computing language in which Rubberslug was created (in 2001, the WWW being only about ten years old then). A number of folks have discussed this in Facebook's "Rubberslug and Anime-Beta" group, From what I know, the webmaster of the site (who literally houses it at his own expense on a server installed in his garage) needs to develop a work-around. But he is on an extended trip out of the country, so we are momentarily on hold. Image

There are alternatives to RS, as a number of Betarians have found, and perhaps in the short run you might try out one of these. But given its overall adaptability, it really is an irreplaceable reference resource, and one hopes that Jason will keep it in health for as long as possible.
D_Animation
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by D_Animation »

sensei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 am First of all, Image welcome to Anime-Beta, D_Animation! Image We hope you enjoy the discussions here and have a chance to show off your pretties.

Second, sadly, this is a known issue, from what I understand an artifact of the overall obsolescence of the computing language in which Rubberslug was created (in 2001, the WWW being only about ten years old then). A number of folks have discussed this in Facebook's "Rubberslug and Anime-Beta" group, From what I know, the webmaster of the site (who literally houses it at his own expense on a server installed in his garage) needs to develop a work-around. But he is on an extended trip out of the country, so we are momentarily on hold. Image

There are alternatives to RS, as a number of Betarians have found, and perhaps in the short run you might try out one of these. But given its overall adaptability, it really is an irreplaceable reference resource, and one hopes that Jason will keep it in health for as long as possible.
Thanks I have a lot to read through!

That's a shame. Running through people's rubberslugs felt like I was going through a piece of history (both with the cels and with the website itself). Kudos to the webmaster. I'll buy him a beer if I ever meet him :cheers

I'll look for an alternative but a note to him would be much appreciated; that seemed like the best place to get ahold of other collectors and look through collections and such. I'd love to show off my Eva stuff there
D no function beer well without
Gallery: https://www.danimation-cels.com