What you collect that no one else collects?

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: What you collect that no one else collects?

Post by sensei »

Any closer to finding your way out? I can PM you a sandwich.
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

FourD wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:19 pm
Nope. But being unique is a good thing, I think. :D

:( ... I'm special. :nuts

ReiTheJelly wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:03 pm I'm pretty sure I was the only weirdo buying the solid green backgrounds from Cardcaptor Sakura. :D
http://stemcels.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=39005

Cool! 8) They're Escher-esque.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

GuyvarIII wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:12 am:( ... I'm special. :nuts
Ugh, I wish I had your level of knowledge for niche or even non-mainstream series... I'd just like to download that information from your brain, please. lol
sensei

Post by sensei »

There are times when I feel smug about my anime-related knowledge, but then I remember some of my encounters in con dealers' rooms, surveying whole rows of DVD/BR sets of multi-episode, multi-season series that I have never seen or even heard of before. And that's just the ones that were licensed in North America: the total of anime series actually broadcast and made available as OVAs, TV specials, theatrical releases, and so on must be mind-boggling. One can only try to be at least minimally knowledgeable about what one agrees to own, and even that makes RS and others' personal galleries precious treasuries of information for others trying to grapple with a staggeringly vibrant and matured art form.
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Rekka Alexiel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 am
GuyvarIII wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:12 am:( ... I'm special. :nuts
Ugh, I wish I had your level of knowledge for niche or even non-mainstream series... I'd just like to download that information from your brain, please. lol
Thanks Rekka. Although, anything I've found out has just been from happenstance, watching anime, and being around the hobby for so long. As Sensei has mentioned, it is very easy to overlook many anime, because of the sheer number of shows.

I'm very thankful to you, Rekka, because one of the series I collect from the most, Platinumhugen Ordian, I only watched after you identified an unknown cel in my collection years ago.

I enjoy giving some background information on the shows I collect. However, I first started mentioning different creators in my synopses as more of a way for visitors to link between shows, as I thought the alphabetized main list was getting harder to navigate and that it would be a good way for viewers of my gallery to find other shows they might like to see.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

GuyvarIII wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:47 pmThanks Rekka. Although, anything I've found out has just been from happenstance, watching anime, and being around the hobby for so long. As Sensei has mentioned, it is very easy to overlook many anime, because of the sheer number of shows.
That's true. There's just sooooo many series, it's hard to remember them all. I don't have time to watch every single thing out there to help me recognize characters. It's sort of become my actual job now to identify stuff, so... I need to learn and remember things, the sooner the better, but my memory isn't the greatest these days. orz Thought it was bad before, but holy cow... *sigh*
I'm very thankful to you, Rekka, because one of the series I collect from the most, Platinumhugen Ordian, I only watched after you identified an unknown cel in my collection years ago.
Aww, It's my pleasure to help out where I can. Glad I got you hooked on the series. It's been a long time since I watched through the thing and I only watched it that one time, so I don't remember much. The character designs, however, are pretty easy to point out. I seem to remember really liking the first half of the series and really dreading the second half. lol I forget what happened in the story that really turned me off. lol
Frysende
Anime Geek

Post by Frysende »

I wanted to stick my head in here because I collect dreadfully boring, mainstream things (which I love and feel no shame about 8) ) so nothing in my scope could ever be considered unique to me. However, I really admire those who collect from lesser-known or under-represented shows and movies because it always reminds me that the world of animation is so much deeper than just the big names that get thrown around.

Since I don't want to contribute nothing to this thread, I'll just say that it's a collecting goal of mine to get a cel or sketch of Botan in every outfit from the duration of YYH, and I've never known anyone else to share that particular aspiration.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Hmm.. I don't think I've ever come across anyone who collects YAT! Anshin Uchuu Ryoko.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

sugarcels wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 pm Hmm.. I don't think I've ever come across anyone who collects YAT! Anshin Uchuu Ryoko.
I used to think I wouldn't run across someone who collects Mizuiro Jidai, but it seems I just did. LOL

I love the colors on those cels, by the way.

I can tell you a bit about the boy featured in this cel--

http://sugarcels.rubberslug.com/gallery ... mID=216133

His name is Fuyuki Miyauchi, often shortened to just Miyau. I actually didn't know his given name until researching it just now. He is one of Hiroshi's male friends and plays on the soccer team with him-I think Miyau is goalie. Miyau is also friends with Yuuko, but he is eventually shown to have feelings for her, which makes one feel rather sorry for him.

I have a tendency to collect the esoteric and the forgotten, though what I collect usually has some connection to other parts of my anime experience. I also collect the information that comes along with it, where information is available anyway.
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

sugarcels wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 pm Hmm.. I don't think I've ever come across anyone who collects YAT! Anshin Uchuu Ryoko.
:cheers :cheers :cheers
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

Wow DC, that's stunning! Omedetou!
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

does devil hunter yohko count
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

Pixel wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:53 pm Wow DC, that's stunning! Omedetou!
:D :D :D
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Pixel wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm
I used to think I wouldn't run across someone who collects Mizuiro Jidai, but it seems I just did. LOL

I love the colors on those cels, by the way.

I can tell you a bit about the boy featured in this cel--

http://sugarcels.rubberslug.com/gallery ... mID=216133

His name is Fuyuki Miyauchi, often shortened to just Miyau. I actually didn't know his given name until researching it just now. He is one of Hiroshi's male friends and plays on the soccer team with him-I think Miyau is goalie. Miyau is also friends with Yuuko, but he is eventually shown to have feelings for her, which makes one feel rather sorry for him.

I have a tendency to collect the esoteric and the forgotten, though what I collect usually has some connection to other parts of my anime experience. I also collect the information that comes along with it, where information is available anyway.
Awesome, thank you so much for the information! It's so nice to meet a fellow collector :cheers
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

jiangdc wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:49 am
:cheers :cheers :cheers
Nice! :cheers